Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Nov 15, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

We'd Better Visit the Mouse! Day 7 - 28th Sept 2015 - Magic Kingdom

Todays Vlog:

With Monday dawning it was time to return to Magic Kingdom with purpose! We had two full days to do the whole park and we were already feeling that maybe this wouldn't be enough!

Heading to the TTC first, we decided to get a Monorail over to the park. This time we entered in time to see the Dapper Dans singing which was fun!

Since our sneaky visit took us through towards the left side of the park, this time we headed towards Tomorrowland and decided to try the Peoplemover which was a great way to get an overview of the layout of that area. From there we decided to give Carousel of Progress a try and after joking about it on our Epcot day we loved it! We may still be singing the song now!

We then walked around to the back of the castle and Gemma and I decided to queue to get two more signatures for our Niece's card. Her birthday was to be the following day and so we queued to meet Cinderella and Rapunzel which were showing a 20 minute wait... At this time Anna and Elsa were showing 40 minutes. We'd have been better off choosing the latter perhaps as we stood in the queue for a good 50 minutes. But the wait paid off and we got our signatures... While we were in the queue Gemma had a brainwave... We would ask Rapunzel, our Niece's favourite princess, if she would record a personal birthday message for her. We weren't sure if this was a done thing or not but thought no harm in asking. Sure enough she was more than happy to oblige! Gemma got a personal message on her phone and we surprised our Niece with a fantastic treat the next morning. Disney Magic for sure!

Time to head for our first fastpass of the day! Splash Mountain. While we were in the queue for the Princesses I happened to check the My Disney Experience app and saw that our fastpass had been changed from a Splash Mountain pass to a pass for a number of rides and was good for the whole day. We suspect that Splash Mountain was having technical issues but fortunately by the time we arrived it was running.

We had a lot of fun on the ride, many giggles.. We didn't get TOO wet either.

Our next fastpass was for Buzz Lightyear. I took the control which was probably a bad idea as Gemma didn't know when I was going to spin so she didn't score quite as high as me. Some might say I planned it this way!

We also managed to get a second go on It's A Small World which was timed perfectly to avoid a switch in the weather!

Our last fastpass for the day was for Big Thunder Mountain railroad which was a great family coaster.

With time to spare before the electric parade we checked out Haunted Mansion. I wasn't sure what to think as I'm not a fan of the classic ghost train, but this was a lot of fun. We posed for photos outside of the ride too, we'd really taken advantage of the memory maker over the course of the day! Definitely worth the money.

Finally it was time for a parade! We'd constantly missed the Dream Along with Mickey show the whole day so that would have to wait, we'd also managed to miss the 3 o'clock parade as it clashed with our fastpasses... But we managed to get a cracking spot for the Electric Parade! Gemma headed off to get us all drinks and we watched the parade together and thoroughly enjoyed it! From here we made the walk up to the castle to catch Celebrate the Magic and Wishes.

We got a pretty good spot in front of the castle and people were well behaved too. No ipads held aloft!

Opinions of the shows? Yeah, we loved them both. They were excellent. The fireworks were just breathtaking. Gemma had a few tears at the Tangled lanterns part of Celebrate, fortunately I didn't spot her or that would have set me off too!

I don't want to be the 'I told you so' guy but after the fireworks I suggested finding a spot to wait for the rush to die down. I was vetoed and we began the horrendous trek to the front of the park and out to the docks for boats. It was not pleasant getting there but once we were on the boat a cool draft calmed my frayed nerves and we soon found our way back to the car.

Hunger took us towards somewhere, anywhere for food... I suggested the Popeye's Chicken place on West Sand Lake. We aren't fast food people normally, but we do occasionally like a KFC so we thought we'd give that a go. It took a good while to get food as it was late, they were on the verge of closing and everything was cooked fresh. But my, it was good. The chicken pieces were twice the size of a UK KFC. Much tastier too.

Having washed that down with a beer or two, we hit the sack tired after our first full day at Magic Kingdom. Despite the chaotic exit it was excellent fun. We quietly crossed out a second visit to Busch and added a third day in Magic Kingdom.

Edited at 11:31 AM.
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Dec 15, 04:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love your t-shirt!

We also ended up in a very long line for Cinderella and Rapunzel even though we had a FP!

Two days is probably enough time to cover all the attractions in MK but definitely not enough time just to enjoy being there.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Dec 15, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
kaytronika
slightly serious Dibber

I think it's nice to take time to enjoy being in the parks. We try not to organise ourselves too rigorously. We save that for the shopping.. Like a military strike in and out!
kaytronika is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Apr 16, 10:03 AM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

🎼Its a great big beautiful tomorrow.
Enjoying all your Trip reports