Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Jan 16, 06:32 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

We've come a long way from where we began - Day 9 shopping, Cheesecake Factory & Bahama Breeze

Index is here

Hi! Happy new year to you all! Hope your Christmas and new year celebrations were all wonderful. Sorry it has taken me so long to post the next day of my report.
I haven't been feeling very well... turns out we're having a baby! Had a scan last week and all looks good so far. Very appropriately he/she is due on 4th July

We've also been away for a week in December to Center Parcs with my family as part of our Christmas presents from my Mum and Dad, which was lovely.

So anyway, now that's all done and I'm feeling a bit more human hopefully I can plough on and get the last few days of our report finished before we go to Disneyland Paris in 3 weeks! Eek!

Here we go...

Tuesday 29th September - shopping, Cheesecake Factory & Bahama Breeze

We had talked last night, and were unsure what to do this morning. We were still entitled to early admission into Universal, but to be honest we felt like we had got the most out of the parks and neither of us were too bothered about going back in today. When we woke up in our comfy Cabana Bay bed and looked outside it was raining, seriously raining! So that made our minds up for us. We decided to take our time, get ready and pack up and head back to do some more shopping!

We wanted to visit a supermarket for sweeties etc, so decided to head to the Target near the Mall of Milennia, then we could go to the Cheesecake Factory for lunch.

I felt really sad checking out of Cabana Bay, it was a lovely little home and I would definitely like to stay here for longer next time. Our room key let us out of the car park and we were off!

The drive to the Target was a bit dodgy as the weather conditions were appalling, loads of spray on the road. Luckily Martin is a good driver and we made it in 1 piece! We parked up and headed in. God I love American supermarkets. There were big Hallowe’en displays with all the candy etc so we had a good look at all that, then the snack aisle (we had our priorities right!). We picked up some sweets for work and I got some nutter butters for my brother. We got some bits we “needed” too, such as crisps and cookies! I got Us Weekly and we had a look round the clothes and the Hallowe’en costume section. I have never seen a bigger collection of costumes for dogs! Sadly Martin wouldn’t let me buy one for our dog so we checked out instead.

His golf course/shop radar kicked in and he spotted a big golf superstore over the way so we went for a look.

No purchases were made though and we were headed to Mall of Milennia next. We parked easily and went for a little look round. This is a very nice mall, felt a bit posh for us riff raff haha. It was just on 12 now so we decided to go for lunch as I know the Cheesecake Factory can get really busy. We only waited a couple of minutes to be shown to a table, just long enough to salivate over all the cheesecakes in the fridge!

Our server was PJ and he was lovely. We could not believe the size of the menu it was HUGE! As it was only lunchtime it was a little bit easier to decide, as we both fancied a sandwich. I plumped for the “pit beef dip “ (char roasted beef, melted fontina cheese, caramelized onions, au jus and horseradish sauce on a grilled bun).

Martin got grilled chicken and avocado club.

Mine was delicious but there were a couple of bits of fatty beef which I wasn’t a fan of. Clearly much too full for dessert I got white chocolate and raspberry cheesecake to go.

We headed back to the Rosen now to unpack all our stuff (and start to repack as we were heading over to the Beach Club in a couple of days!)

We wanted to pop up to Premium outlets as I'd seen loads of people wearing Skechers and decided I wanted some of the comfy shoe action. I got a pair of memory foam go walks, and there was an offer on for buy one item get any other half price, so we also got some twinkle toes for our niece Lola. It was only $70 for both of these pairs - insanely cheap. We've seen both pairs in the Trafford Centre since we got home for £55 and £40 respectively.

Next up on our shopping hit list was Downtown Disney! We found the way easily this time and parked in the Orange parking structure again. This brings you out by Splitsville so we walked up towards Marketplace. The weather was much improved now, and it was very hot! We got a frozen strawberry lemonade and sat by the lake to enjoy it.

Refreshed, I did some serious damage in World of Disney, picking up a bag, sweater, some melamine bowls, a Cinderella Castle hand sanitiser, a Pluto and a Sulley Disney baby (the really fluffy ones that come with their own little blanket) for our nieces Lola and Sophie. Credit card took another battering in Co Op where I got a cushion for us, and one for my brother as they were moving house while we were away so thought it would be a nice housewarming gift. I also got a new phone case in here. We had a little look in Basin, and picked up a cute soap for my Mum. We picked up the Mickey Christmas bauble which we’d had personalised for Sophie, this was lovely and I was really pleased we’d picked it.

As we were about to leave the Christmas shop we noticed another torrential downpour had started outside. We ducked though into the art shop as I could easily kill several hours in here, rain or no rain!

If money was no object, the fun I could have in here! We had a good mooch, and when we saw the rain had eased to a bit of a drizzle headed back to the car park, laden with bags!

Once back at the Rosen we had a little look at our purchases and had a bit of time for a chill. Martin probably napped and I read my magazine!

Tonight we wanted to go to Bahama Breeze for dinner, as we went for drinks on our last trip but there was always a crazy wait for a table. We got ready and headed out, a bit later than we’d planned really but even so when we arrived there was only a 20 minute wait.

We got a couple of seats at the bar and ordered drinks (beer, white sangria – God we are so boring and predictable! I have only realised since writing this report! Although in my defence, I had my first white sangria ever at Bahama Breeze in 2013 and that started my love of it, so I had to have one here again!)

Just as we got our drinks ($15), our buzzer went off and we went down to the reception. We’d been having a look at the menu while sitting at the bar so we’d pretty much picked what we wanted already! We had spinach and artichoke dip with chips to start, then I had buttermilk chicken for main and Martin had creole chicken and chorizo pasta.

The dip and chips was amazing and we could have just eaten about 4 bowls of that. When our meals were brought out, Martin questioned whether his was right as it seemed a very small portion, and didn’t look like what he’d ordered. She said it was correct though, poor thing looked really disappointed! Anyway, our server came by seconds later and immediately spotted that they had in fact brought him the wrong dish! So she whizzed it away ad brought the correct meal back for him. This was much more to his liking! The food was delicious and we polished it all off. We had another couple of drinks each, including a red sangria for me which was also very nice indeed.

So glad we finally got to eat here, it definitely lived up to our expectations.

Once all paid up (I think the bill was about $70) , leaving a good tip for our waitress who was great we waddled back over I Drive and up to our room! I was really starting to get that creeping feeling that the holiday is coming to an end tonight. Did my best to suppress it and enjoy what we had left to look forward to.

Tomorrow – back to Magic Kingdom!

Here's some of our purchases from Disney, sorry a couple are upside down!

One side

Other side!

vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Ruthy1604
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Congratulations on your baby news!
You fitted so much into your day. I love those cushions too 😀
Ruthy1604 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 08:30 PM  
Link to this Post
HelenJNT
Imagineer

Mobile

Congratulations on your news!

Really enjoying your trip report
HelenJNT is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 09:36 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Ruthy1604 View Post
You fitted so much into your day. I love those cushions too 😀
Thank you!
I know, it's mad what you get done on a "rest day" in Florida! Haha. Yeah love the cushions but they were a pain to squeeze into the cases let me tell you!
Thanks for reading

Edited at 09:38 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by HelenJNT View Post
Congratulations on your news!

Really enjoying your trip report
Aw thank you.
I'm so glad, thanks for reading!
Old 1 Jan 16, 09:48 PM  
Link to this Post
sandshal
Imagineer

Fab news ... We fly out on the day you're due and my great niece/nephew is due on the 13th xxx

Sharon

sandshal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Jan 16, 09:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great purchases!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
halloweenbaby2
VIP Dibber

Loving the cushions, I may just have to treat myself to those
halloweenbaby2 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
Unexpectedpenny
Imagineer

Those cushions are definitely on my 'to buy' list now!
Unexpectedpenny is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 01:06 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by sandshal View Post
Fab news ... We fly out on the day you're due and my great niece/nephew is due on the 13th xxx

Sharon
Aw lovely!
Thanks for reading