Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 2 Jan 16, 03:43 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

We've come a long way from where we began - day 10 pool, shopping & Magic Kingdom

Index is here

Wed 30th September - pool, some shopping and Magic Kingdom

Today we were planning a leisurely morning and going into Magic Kingdom later. With the Hallowe'en parties being on around this time of year, it limits the nights that MK is open late so this was our chance to see Wishes.

We were up and sorted at 9, and I ate my cheesecake for breakfast! (I am the Queen of healthy breakfasts on holiday!) We went down to the pool for a couple of hours, it was baking hot already and we had a couple of dips in the water to try and cool off. We stared at this view for a while taking in every last bit of sun.

About half 11 we went back up to the room to shower etc. Once we were ready we headed out to Applebee's to get some lunch. We ordered mozzarella sticks, chicken pasta and chicken tenders to share between us. With soft drinks this was $27 and we left a $5 tip. The food was nice, but the service was pretty slow.

Next on today's list was the Florida Mall to get some last bits of shopping. I got a lip gloss for my Mum from Sephora, a T shirt from Abercrombie and Martin found a T shirt in the Disney store that he'd been looking for so it was pretty successful. We weren't there long and soon it was time to head back to Magic Kingdom. I was super excited to get back to Disney! Some foolish bravery came over me and I decided I'd have a go at driving, so far I'd had a little practice in the car park but left the actual roads to Martin. It was pretty easy actually, although I did keep veering to the right. Don't know whether it's because I was sitting on the wrong side of the car?

We arrived about half past 3 and parked up. Again the monorail wasn't running so we got the ferry over. We were among the first on, so were stood right behind the rope at the far end of the boat, where you exit when you dock at magic Kingdom.

Just after I took that picture, a Spanish lady pushed her way in front of me, then held up her iPad to film, completely blocking my view! I just couldn't believe how rude it was, and spent the next few minutes slowly but surely edging her back behind me. Think she got the message in the end!

It seemed pretty busy in the park, but not horrendous. It was unbearably hot though, our plan was basically where is the next air conditioned place we can go?!

We took some pictures, then headed into Adventureland and to the Tiki Room. This was lovely for a sit down and we both loved the song and the sense of history in the attraction.

We were both thirsty so got a frozen raspberry lemonade from Sunshine Terrace and found a bench in the shade at the back of the Christmas shop to have a little relax and drink it. It's a sign of how draining the heat is when you've only done 1 thing and need to sit and have a drink! It wasn't a bad view while we had our drink...

Next our fast pass was open for 7 dwarves mine train. As we approached the fastpass return line, we thought we were having a hallucination as we saw this

A group of monks headed onto the ride! Martin said he overheard one of the cast members trying to explain the story of the ride to them as they waited! Now that's a ride video I would have liked to seen!

As we were having a more leisurely time in the park today we decided to have a little ride on the Liberty Belle. The breeze was lovely and it was nice to get some different views of the park.

Once we exited we strolled round to Sleepy Hollow and got funnel cake and a sprite. This was nice but HUGE! Again we had a very lovely view while sitting eating our snack.

We had a fastpass for Buzz next, so we wandered over to Tomorrowland, via Liberty Square which looked very Autumnal.

I won again! Literally no idea how. We saw the Incredibles having their dance party as we exited so watched that for a few minutes. According to Martin, Mrs Incredible was "quite fit". Worrying.

We restroomed, then had a look in some of the shops on Main St. As we made our way through them, down towards the train station people were already grabbing spots for the electrical parade.

We saw a woman in one of those ECV scooter things, and a little girl (her Granddaughter I presume) was holding onto the handlebars steering it while she was eating popcorn! That's a whole new level of laziness!

We grabbed some snacks from Main St confectionery and sat outside on the kerb there. While we enjoyed our snacks and waited, we saw some assistance dogs, think perhaps they were in training. They had cute little outfits on, I managed to get a sneaky picture.

We were sat within the rope in our section of pavement, but many people kept coming to stand behind us and the poor cast members were fighting a losing battle asking them to move so the walkway was clear. A group of Americans were stood for a while before they were asked to move and they weren't impressed at all. It was cringeworthy listening to them argue with the poor cast member, I felt like turning round telling them to stop being a bunch of embarrassing idiots and just move. Eventually, one of the men said " what would you do if we staged a group protest and refused to move?" The cast member, cool as anything came back with "I'll call security and have you all removed". BOOM! Needless to say they moved. (We actually chatted with this cast member after the parade was finished and told him how much we loved his reply - he said he gets behaviour like that all the time. How sad)

How weird is the electrical parade? I'd never seen it before and much prefer Spectromagic. Martin was pleased though as Tink blew him a kiss.

The castle show was next, and although the recording kept saying they were going to dim the lights they never did. Do they not do this now? I'm sure they did in 2013 when we were there. It really took away from the experience, especially as we were right at the bottom of Main St so there were lots of lights between us and the castle.

Wishes started at 9 and was fabulous as always. I shed a little tear as I always do, and as we walked out of the park felt that heavy hearted "who knows when we'll be back" feeling.

We picked up a Dominos on the way home and ate it watching Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire. We packed our room up for our move to the Beach Club tomorrow which was very stressful as we were knackered and getting a bit testy with each other. But I didn't want to leave it til the morning. Once we'd done what we could we fell into bed, and I for one was asleep within seconds.

Tomorrow - Beach Club and Food & Wine festival

Edited at 03:46 PM.
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

How cute were the dogs!
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Jan 16, 11:50 PM  
Link to this Post
mrsdjh
Imagineer

It does look hot in your photos. As a fellow redhead, it looks too hot for me! Id have been stopping for a drink in the shade every five minutes I think.

That was an impressive tour group you saw!
mrsdjh is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 11:11 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
How cute were the dogs!
So cute, I wanted to go over to them but don't think you're supposed to when they're in their "working" stuff. I liked their little shoes so their feet didn't burn on the hot floor!
Thanks for reading
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Jan 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by mrsdjh View Post
It does look hot in your photos. As a fellow redhead, it looks too hot for me! Id have been stopping for a drink in the shade every five minutes I think.

That was an impressive tour group you saw!
We really felt it this day in particular! Glad we were planning a slower paced day anyway!
Wasn't it just! Amazing. I heard they were at Hollywood Studios the following day too!
Thanks for reading
Old 12 Jan 16, 03:17 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Love that last picture, can't wait to hear about your stay at the Beach Club, a gorgeous resort.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Love that last picture, can't wait to hear about your stay at the Beach Club, a gorgeous resort.
Aw thanks!
I've started that day so hopefully won't be too long!
Old 8 Feb 16, 11:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Lovely pics from the Liberty Belle

OMG how cute are those wee dog outfits! Bless!

Haha loving the CMs reply, serves them right ! I have no time for people like that – just do as your bloody told!

They def had the lights out when we were there in October, weird!

Great day xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Feb 16, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Lovely pics from the Liberty Belle

OMG how cute are those wee dog outfits! Bless!

Haha loving the CMs reply, serves them right ! I have no time for people like that – just do as your bloody told!

They def had the lights out when we were there in October, weird!

Great day xx
I know! They were adorable and so well behaved.

What a job, they must feel like telling people what they think sometimes, so obnoxious. I was just glad they were American not British!

Yeah it was strange, really impacted the show sadly. Was glad we'd seen it before with the lights out.
X
Old 21 Feb 16, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Mobile

Lovely day, how cute was the dog with his little shoes and hat. Looking forward to hearing all about the Beach Club.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List