Old 6 Jan 16, 01:20 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups day 13 IOA

Day 13 IOA (bit of a disaster day)

Sorry it has taken so long to get this day up, my notes have sort of fizzled out a bit and life has been very busy. But I have finally got round to trying to finish it all.

Tom had dry cereal for breakfast, he has since taken a like to milk with them especially if he can add sugar!

I had realised the milk had gone off so didn’t get a morning cuppa. .

Made rolls for Ade and me to make sure we had enough spends to last after the expensive day yesterday.

I4 was as bad as always at the 192 end and it took us a good 40 mins to get to IOA. We didn’t pay for preferred parking this time. We parked up in King Kong 308 and made the trek to the park. It was HOT HOT HOT again today. Factor 70 was worn by me and Tom to cover the pinkness of previous days.

First up was the problem with Toms finger prints again. 3 times he had to try again, don’t understand why it is only him.

We went on Storm Force first have never been on this and it was only a 20 minute wait.

We passed the queue for The Hulk and it was massive. They were queued up outside up and down chains

We topped up our water outside the rest rooms near Storm Force and wandered round to Spiderman which was showing a 70 minute wait so we didn’t wait. We wandered through Toon Lagoon looking in some shops and stopped for a hotdog and fries for Tom, We sat outside the restaurant (if you can call it that) Ade and I ate our rolls and shared Toms Fries. More coke and water because it was HOT if I hadn’t mentioned it.

Round to Jurassic area passing the new King Kong building works. It looks like it will be good and you could clearly see Skull Island. Hope it is finished before our next trip.

Tom did not fancy going on the Jurassic water ride and to be honest I was pooped. So we progressed round to Hogsmead. Forbidden Journey was showing 70 mins so we didn’t wait for it. Glad we went on it earlier in our trip.

Tom fancied some Chocolate so we looked in Honeydukes which is now larger inside as they have moved the joke area to Diagon Alley.

He didn’t find anything he wanted. As we passed Dragon challenge it showed 60 minutes, Ade argued with me later that it was for the wand shop, I said it was definitely on the wall for Dragon Challenge. This showed how busy it was today, I have not seen the queue longer than 20 minutes for the last 3 trips we have been here.

Through Seuss Landing to the sweet shop.

Tom got some M & Ms from here and DH and I shared a peanut butter cupcake.

We thought we would check out Spiderman to see if the queue had gone down, it said 50 minutes but when we went round the corner to join the queue it looked a lot longer than 50 minutes so we decided against it. We got a few more pressed coins in this area.

We had had enough by now so left via some shops and thought we would go to DTD where I could exchange one of my duplicate Christmas decs , I had managed to get 2 Jiminy Crickets.

There was a big queue for the car park again and just as we got there it started to rain a little. We looked in a few shops until it stopped and then wandered over to the Christmas shoppe where I exchanged my dec. for a Mickey holding Duffy.

Here it is on my tree.

More Lego from the Lego shop.. We took the little boat back from near the Christmas shoppe over to the other side instead of walking all the way back as it was still HOT. The boat pilot pointed out some of the amphibicars ( I think that is what they are called).

We got back to the villa at around 7pm On the way back we stopped at Papa Johns for a 16 inch 4 cheese pizza $17. We looked at some houses for sale in a window near by and when we went back in for the pizza the manager came over to say they were making us a nother one as the first one had been cut wrong. So we ended up with 2 16 inch pizza’s …. This helped the food budget no end as we ate it the next day and also took some to the airport with us!

When we got home we could not understand the problem, it was just that one slice was skinnier than the others,!

So we had some more pool time and sat outside and munched on pizza and discussed todays fiasco at the park. We talked about seriously considering a night stay at a Universal hotel on our next trip for the FOTL pass, especially if it includes King Kong which no doubt will be very popular. As DS is in secondary school we really need to stick to long school holidays. Our last two trips were in October half term and we could clearly see a difference with the crowds.

We also discussed a trip to Old Town tomorrow evening for our last night as I do like it there and there was a nice restaurant we wanted to eat at again.

Not much money left between us but enough for food tomorrow..

Todays count

Hotdogs 1
Hiccups 1

Total Count

Hot dogs 12
Hiccups 14
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I love that ornament (big Duffy fan) I'll have to keep an eye out for it this year.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 16, 11:46 PM  
Link to this Post
Michyloulou
VIP Dibber

omg, can't believe the queues at IOA, what a disappointing day for you . Think I'm definitely going to do a night at HRH for us all - especially as we're going in August.
Michyloulou is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List