Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Jan 16, 03:52 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Hotdogs and Hiccups day 15 Travel home

Day 15 Travel home (long day not many photos)

The alarm was set for 6am we were planning to leave around 8am, Our flight was not until 12pm but we were not sure what the traffic would be like.

Beds stripped and put in washing machine, managed to get the 2nd load in before we left. Rubbish in bins outside, I hoovered quickly and fluffed the cushions. Made sure all the patio doors were locked and the security pipes were in place. We had covered the pool last night.

We loaded the car and did a final check and left at around 8.15am.

A quiet drive to Tampa until Tom started to complain of a tummy ache and needing the loo.

We dropped the car off but the chap said he couldn’t ‘complete’ the return when he scanned and said we would need to go to the office in the garage. We made our way there and I let Adrian go off with Tom to find a loo and I would sort it out. There was no problem in the end so I caught up with them before they got to the terminal. Tom went to the toilet but couldn’t go!

We found our check in desk and it was very quiet. There was on family in front of us when Tom said he needed the loo again. So he and Adrian went off and I let the family behind us go in front when it was our turn as they had not returned back in time.

They came back and he felt loads better so we checked our bags in and then went upstairs to the little shop area. We sat and ate some pizza left over and crisps and Tom spent the last of his money on more lego in the toy shop.

We went through to security and Tom said he was getting hungry ( he doesn't eat cold pizza) so we got us some coffees and a cookie for him to eat. I had a strange moment in the sweet/paper shop where I saw a magazine that had a title on ‘ The Kate and the royal baby’ I went back and said to Adrian that it seemed she had had the baby, but she didn’t arrive until May

Our first flight was on time and full so again they were asking if people would volunteer to put their hand luggage in the hold free of charge.

I listened to my Ipod and the boys played on their tablet/pc. I had to swap seats with Adrian as as soon as we took off the guy in front fully reclined his seat making it impossible for Adrian to see his laptop screen. Shame as that meant I had the window seat

Landed in Toronto around 2.45pm which meant we had over 3 hours to wait for our Heathrow flight. There was a very small desk in the connections area and the cheeky chap looked at our passports and asked if Cambridge is better than Oxford

We think the Toronto departure lounge is fantastic. There are loads of I pads on tables free to use which helps pass the time. First of all though we had some lunch, Adrian and I had a burger and chips each and Tom had a………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………………… …………………………………………………………..hotdog combo.

We then wandered to sit around our gate area for the long wait. We found a table with I pads on so made ourselves comfortable. There was a table next to ours with a teenage girl sprawled across 2 seats asleep so stopping someone else sitting and using them. I was excited as I googled and saw that we would have some new films to watch on the way home.

Not long before we were due to be called I fancied a drink so wandered over to Starbucks for 2 lattes and a hot chocolate. I also got another large cookie for Tom as he doesn’t touch plane food.

There was a poor man on the floor near to Starbuck with some paramedics around him. I think he had been having chest pains as they were asking him on a scale how bad they were. I felt awful for him and hoped he was well enough to fly, he sounded English.

They soon started calling zones and when we were called we had to make our way through all the people that insist in getting up and waiting in the way even if they haven’t been called.

We passed through the checks again and waited behind a large family in front of some metal doors. I think we all assumed they would open automatically and waited there for ages until one of them decided to try and push it, Well of course it opened and they all looked sheepish and we all had a giggle.

We sat ourselves down and got settled but when we turned on the IFE it was the same films we had coming so we ended up watching Big Hero 6 again and I watched the original 101
Dalmations.

Food and drinks came round and I only made a note of the option we chose which was veg shepherds pie. sorry no photo The lights got turned off so people could sleep if they wanted to. Adrian dozed a bit but I couldn’t and Tom tried a bit.

About 2 hours before we landed Tom had a massive nose bleed. Luckily we had loads of tissues, I pressed the call button to see if we could get some ice for him but no one came. A lady in the row next to us kept gesturing for me to tip his head back er no Mrs! So we had to get up and go to the back of the plane where the cabin crew were chatting in the bar area is to ask if there was any ice. Tom was mortified that he had to walk through the plane. They gave us some and loads of tissues and we went back to the seats and managed to stop it bleeding with the ice but we got a bit soggy as it melted.

We landed around 6.30 am. There was quite a queue for UK residents at passport control. Our cases arrived off pretty quickly but my handle was broken and Adrians case had loads of scuff marks on it.

Took the bus back to the car park and loaded up. When we got to the gate we were to put our ticket in and it would say how much we owed over the 15 days which was just one day I think, but when I put the ticket in it said we owed £350 so I turned round and went to the office. While I was there another lady had the same problem but she talked to them over the tannoy thing. I showed the lady my receipt and she validated the ticket for me so we didn’t end up paying any extra.

Then came the final hiccup I drove out the car park and started driving on the right hand side of the road for a few seconds! Ooops

Drive home was boring but easy although I was very tired and had to open the windows a couple of times.

Tom fell asleep in the back of the car and woke up when we came off the motorway. About ½ mile from home he said he was going to be sick and we had nothing for him so I had to stop the car and he got out but wasn’t sick just shivering a lot. We got back home and he didn’t want to move out of the car in case he was sick (he is like me he hates it with a passion) We managed to get him in and sitting in the kitchen near the sink and we got the luggage in. By the time we had finished he was fine and fussing one of the cats in the living room.

It was now 9am and we all went to bed for a while but made sure we were up by 1pm as we all had work and school the next day and was worried we wouldn’t sleep at night if we slept too long.

We had Chinese for tea and all went to bed again around 9pm.

Todays count

Hotdogs 1
Hiccups 2

total Count

Hotdogs 13
Hiccups 16

Edited at 07:09 PM.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jan 16, 11:06 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Poor Tom😒
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Grapesoda
Apprentice Imagineer

I've just read your report from start to finish and I really enjoyed it. We have booked that exact villa for July, it was great to see it in your photos and thanks for the tips on avoiding the busy roads!

DLP Jan 2014 ~ Sante Fe
DLP Jan 2015 ~ Cheyenne
Pretrip report Here
Report in progress Here
Food Report ~ Here
Grapesoda is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Jan 16, 08:39 PM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by Grapesoda View Post
I've just read your report from start to finish and I really enjoyed it. We have booked that exact villa for July, it was great to see it in your photos and thanks for the tips on avoiding the busy roads!
Oooh you will love the villa, it is so close to restaurants on the 192 as well which is handy. The short cut was a god send as we are not early rises and the 192 was always busy.
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 04:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Glad to see you have a new countdown ticking away.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Jan 16, 11:11 PM  
Link to this Post
jobelly
Imagineer

Great reading your trip report. Easter sounds vey busy, we're stuck with school holidays now and did last two weeks in August last year. It was still busy but not quite as busy as Easter and the second week was quieter, it was very hot though. We had a couple of nights onsite at universal and it was so worth it, would recommend.
Old 13 Jan 16, 12:12 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Thanks for sharing your trip with us!

Glad to see you have a new countdown ticking away.
Thanks for reading. Yes I am pleased to say we have another countdown, not quite as short as yours though
Old 13 Jan 16, 12:15 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
Originally Posted by jobelly View Post
Great reading your trip report. Easter sounds vey busy, we're stuck with school holidays now and did last two weeks in August last year. It was still busy but not quite as busy as Easter and the second week was quieter, it was very hot though. We had a couple of nights onsite at universal and it was so worth it, would recommend.
Hi thanks for reading. We have considered summer but not sure the heat would be good for us. Tom gets dehydrated at Easter and October when we have been. We are thinking about a nights stay but not sure about the cost benefits for just 3 of us against buying a FOTL pass. But we will certainly look into it.
Old 13 Feb 16, 02:15 AM  
Link to this Post
miss_mouse
Imagineer

Thank you for sharing your trippie.
It was fun to read.
Glad you had a lovely

@adeandlisadodisney

All of my Trip Reports...Here!
miss_mouse is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Mar 16, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
MrsMouse93
Apprentice Imagineer

I've spent a lovely relaxing morning reading your report. Thank you so much for sharing.
July 2014 - 3 weeks DIY
June 2015 - 2 weeks DIY. MAN-MIA... 2 nights Miami/12 nights Highgate Park
October 2015 - 8 nights DIY via Dublin...2 visits in 1 year
April 2016 - the kids permission to go it alone!
June 2016. 15 nights. Our last as a family?
October 2017. Miami & The Keys
MrsMouse93 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List