Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jan 16, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mr Bears Grand Adventure- November 14 - Day 6

Day 6: Animal Kingdom & the Kitchen sink

Index Here

Today we all got up and got ready, and headed to breakfast in the club lounge! This was a loverly spread of pastries, fruit, toast and cereal!
Having eaten some breakfast we checked out, left our bags with the luggage services and headed to the bus stop, we got the bus to animal kingdom around 7:30 (for 8am emh)

We stopped for a photo pass picture at the park entrance- debating with the photographer the pros and cons of canon v nikon (I still like my canon, but we agreed to disagree in the end!)
From there we headed straight for the safari! Via a quick photo pass stop on the bridge!

We enjoyed the safari seeing many animals, and taking a few too many pictures (fyi, I got more pictures and saw more on this then the train thing at Busch)

We then walked towards Kali river Rapids, again stopping for a fastpass picture on the way:
We really enjoyed Kali river Rapids, however I was expecting a nice little river ride (think thorpe park rumber Rapids!) not getting as drenched as we did- all in the name of fun though! Luckily it's not as cold as thorpe park is though! A quick bathroom stop, and we headed to Everest!

We had a short queue, prehaps 15 mins, but this was worth it (we did have a fast pass for later in the day, but didn't want to hang around for it) Everest is a great ride, and well themed too! Having got off Everest we then ran over to festival of the lion king to catch the show, as this was one of my must dos for the trip (lion king is one of my favourite films!)
This was a great show, however we should had arrived earlier as it was standing only when we got in!

From there we went to meet baloo, again a bit of a wait, but we didn't mind, having a couple rounds of heads up to pass the time, the interaction was well worth it!

After that we picked up a couple of postcards and some pins, and headed to the exit. It was a short whilstle stop of a visit, however we did enjoy our time, and would spend more time there on a future visit (since tiff hasn't met the chipmunks there yet!)
We then got the bus to AKL to pick up a bus to downtown disney, all in all this took about 45 mins, but the AkL bus arrived quicker then a Dtd resort one did!

Upon arriving we headed straight to world of disney! As this would be our only chance to get things from Dtd without having to take them to the xmas party.
I could get lost in world of disney, but we were contained, and picked up a few obviously needed items!
Before paying and heading to the Lego shop- our mission, to pick a Lego man keychain for one of our work colleagues.

Lego Santa keychain safely stowed we headed back towards the bus stop, via gherdelli, for peppermint bark samples (and to just generally bask in awe at the hundreds of flavours!) and the Christmas shop! (Because who doesn't love the Christmas shop?!) I could quite happily decorate for Christmas in this shop, if it weren't so expensive!

Our whistle stop of Dtd complete we got on a bus back to yacht club, disney buses are both no fun and brilliant all at the same time we found, they weren't great when you were waiting for them all the time, and had to go a silly route to get anywhere! (Like for instance no Epcot bus from the monorail resorts) but when at the end of a night at the parks, or after Dtd you could just waltz up to a bus stop and get a bus straight back, they were amazing!

Once were were back at yachtclub we headed to beaches and cream to check in for our reservation. We were given a pager and had a bit of a wait ahead of us, we were told that the pagers would work in the arcade, so headed in for a little gaming fun!
The arcade was pretty cool featuring all the games you could want to play, and a tickets for prizes type system.

Having spent time I the arcade we decided to sit in the sun for a little while, before being called in for our reservation.
We were seated in beaches and cream, which we found to be quite small, but it had a quaint American diner feel, I was only here for one thing though... The kitchen sink!
Drinks ordered and the pros and cons of actually getting the kitchen sink were discussed and dismissed, we decided to go for it!
Now I don't know what's I was expecting all that Icecream and food to look like, but when they started the chant/song we looked over, what had we taken on?
They give you little bowls to tackle the beast with, now grace had one bowl before admitting defeat- this was to become a running theme for the rest of the holiday, florida had fooded grace out! Tiff managed 3/4 before not going any further.
I must have managed 4/5.

We were defeated by a pool of melted Icecream in the end!
Admitting our defeat we paid the bill and headed back out to the yacht club lobby to collect our belongings.
The service out the front of the lobby called us a cab and fetched out our bags for storage, and we hopped in the taxi back to international drive.
Reflecting on our time on disney property we all decided that we could have used more time, more time to try Storm Along bay, downtown disney, and animal kingdom.

We got back to Idrive, shattered, we were relieved to find our room and all our stuff still intact.
We dropped off all our stuff, chucked the crippling primark sandals I had spent the last four days in and headed out to walgreens, for a little retail therapy, I picked up a few makeup items, and we decided to get slushies- for anyone who hasn't tried slushies from either walgreens or 7-eleven you need to try them! Now upon getting to the counter to pay I managed to drop half my slushies everywhere, before being asked to pay for my makeup items at the makeup counter, which In my struggles I managed to drop and smash a glass foundation bottle all over the floor- it was not my finest moment!
We headed back to our room, and tidied up all our disney sleepover stuff (and washed the slushie out of my dress)
We decided to have a chill out and watched YouTube for a while. Not wanting to go far we settled on dominoes for dinner and ordered from our in room phone, where it was delivered to the front lobby (where we dutifully went down to collect it!) for $20 we got more then enough food, and it might have been exhaustion talking but it tasted way way better then any uk dominoes I've ever had!

We watched despicable me on the telly, and the girls were both asleep before 9pm! I think I must have followed not long after!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 Jan 16, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Lovely day !
Old 13 Jan 16, 06:06 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Such a shame you didn't get to spend much time in Animal Kingdom, it is such a fantastic park with great shows.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 10:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mobile

When I return with my sister we plan on spending a whole day there, to do both the safari in the morning and the rivers of dancing lights!
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Jan 16, 10:48 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
And yet again we stalked you - we were at AK that morning. Mostly did Tusker House and the shows though.

Looks like you managed to do quite a lot. Little tip for next time - if you get a bus to SSR from the park, and get off at Congress Park, you can walk to Marketplace in just a few minutes.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List