Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jan 16, 10:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Leggibone
Imagineer

Mr Bear Grand Adventure- November 14- Day 10

Day 10: Busch Gardens
Index Here

With alarms set for 6am we had an early start.
We got ready In the usual manner.
We decided on a hearty breakfast at the hotel buffet!
Following our meal we went to buy supplies then walked to CSI experience to catch the coach to Busch gardens. Now having been the first waiting at the stop we didn't end up being the first to board the coaches- we were however the first on the second coach that arrived so got the back seats all to ourselves!
So for this long drive I had bought some lifesaver mints (thinking of polos, but Obviously not quite what I expected) but they ended up being really eucalyptus'y they were gross! I left them in the bottom of my bag for a while! The journey to Busch took around an hour.
We finally arrived at Busch gardens at 10:30. Where we found cheetah run to be closed(the rest of the day it was either closed or had a really long queue!)
The first ride of the day was Christened as montu- where they had issue with the GoPro on my wrist- evidently they only allow the chest mount on the rollercoasters there!
We then headed over to qwazi (which has since closed for good I believe) I loved this coaster, despite it feeling really rickety is possible one of the only rides that didn't make me feel qweezy (I love coasters though so that ain't stopping me!)
Next up was Sheikra- which grace bailed on, having seen the massive vertical drop, she decided it wasn't for her.
Following that was hoped on the river boat ride, known as tidal wave. This was a brilliant water ride, and the slight soaking was refreshing in the warmth of the day.
We then took the sky ride back towards the entrance of the park where we bought cold drinks and cake to compliment the crisps we brought with us!

Suitably refuelled and ready to go again we then got the train back round the park- this was brilliant as we saw loads of the animals fairly up close and personal.

We then hit the bumper cars (a must do for Tiff as she doesn't drive back in the uk), before taking a ride on the Rapids! Now I don't know which was wetter- these or Kali at AK, but man did we get soaked! It was great fun though!
We then had a quick rest room stop, where rather sensibly of Busch there weren't hand driers for us to abuse... Yes we were that wet!
The next ride the girls went on was kumba! I enjoyed this when we went on it back in 2012, however the combination of the heat and coasters (and also taking my specs on and off constantly) had begun to mess with my brain! So I found a spot and waited for them (refreshing my trip notes on my phone). They enjoyed the ride a lot!

Feeling rather exhausted we headed to the arcade area to spend some money on the crane machines... I believe we got kinda lucky but I can't remember, I also had a few goes on the stacker game, but it would not dispense a small prize (and I wasn't pro enough to quite get a big one!)
We then found a seat over by the swinging pirate ship (which no one was brave enough to ride) and go talking to another British lady for a while (whilst she was waiting for family to come off the ride)
After a quick loo stop we then made our way towards the coach for the return journey (buying some popcorn and a drink on the way out)
We boarded the same coach (again we were first) and were ready to depart around 10 mins early. Now grace and I fell asleep somewhere on the long drive, however we told tiff she was not to fall asleep- else she would not want to have dinner and would be miserable! Well mission accomplished.
The coach took us all back to CSI experience where we practically ran to Perkins for dinner (we were cold and needed the loo!)
We all ordered some samplers (yes the starter) as our meals.
We then picked out some pie to take back to the room.

We headed back to the hotel and were soon ready to sleep- Tiff at 9, grace 9:30 and I managed to watch Netflix until 11.
2014 - Rosen Inn International, Hard Rock Hotel, Yacht club and Bay Lake Tower! Mr Bears Grand Adventure, 2015- A sneaky to DLP- Sequoia Lodge, 2016- Another WDW trip... BLT, AKL, HRH and Rosen Inn - Mr Bear takes Boris to WDW, 2022 - Taking the small fry…. Coronado spring addition, 2024 - Riding solo?
Leggibone is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 Jan 16, 06:18 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your zebra photo looks like a professional one!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Jan 16, 10:54 PM  
Link to this Post
Gill H
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 86
Guidebook Reviews: 24
Yes, I was going to say the same - stunning zebra photo!

Looks like you all had a great day.
Other parks: Tokyo
Gill H is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List