Notices

Old 21 Feb 16, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Thanks Sue! I really wish I wrote the report after the holiday

Edited at 08:05 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Feb 16, 04:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

ADR wish list for October 2016

BOG - I need at least two as I have the below on my to try list!

And two for lunch - for some old favorites as tuna salad and braised pork

Sci Fi for the cool set up

Via Napoli - did someone say huge pizza?

Ohana for their bread pudding

Mama Melrose Fantasmic.

House of Blues for the yummy cocktails and use our 50 usd restaurant.com voucher

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Alien is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Feb 16, 05:18 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Mobile

Edited at 05:20 PM.
Old 3 Mar 16, 12:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

It was going to be May 2016 when we first booked in April 2015

Then it was going to be October at POFQ

Changed to SSR

in May 2015 my poor DH got a C diagnosis.

Our world crashed and we cancelled the trip

He went through treatment and got all clear

We rebooked the trip for October at CBR

We managed to get a travel insurance to top up our medical insurance without excluding his condition. However cancellation charges would not be covered from this specific condition. I booked flight, hotel, car with booking fee only. Payments are all due end of August and I have been little.. hesitant to fully relax that we are definitely going this year. The follow up scan, the final scan is due originally end of July but we emailed earlier this week asking for the date to be moved forward.

Apart from MNSSHP dates, and park hours - we are waiting to find out if we are really going

It's going to be ok. It has to be ok. This trip, and us moving on and living again - it's going to happen

I am scared.

Edited at 01:03 PM.
Old 3 Mar 16, 11:36 PM  
Link to this Post
sue97
Relaxing at the Grand Floridian

Originally Posted by Alien View Post
It was going to be May 2016 when we first booked in April 2015

Then it was going to be October at POFQ

Changed to SSR

in May 2015 my poor DH got a C diagnosis.

Our world crashed and we cancelled the trip

He went through treatment and got all clear

We rebooked the trip for October at CBR

We managed to get a travel insurance to top up our medical insurance without excluding his condition. However cancellation charges would not be covered from this specific condition. I booked flight, hotel, car with booking fee only. Payments are all due end of August and I have been little.. hesitant to fully relax that we are definitely going this year. The follow up scan, the final scan is due originally end of July but we emailed earlier this week asking for the date to be moved forward.

Apart from MNSSHP dates, and park hours - we are waiting to find out if we are really going

It's going to be ok. It has to be ok. This trip, and us moving on and living again - it's going to happen

I am scared.
Of course you are scared but you have the all clear and you need the holiday to look forward to. Try not to worry and relax
sue97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Mar 16, 02:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Park hours are out! So are MNSSHP and Christmas Party dates. 4 none party days at the end of the holiday. Very happy with that!

I was stressing out to be honest. Information overload! Too many different busy day guides. Too many dinning options. We also upgraded to full dinning.

I decided I need to take some decisions and to move on without questioning myself

1st No MNSSHP this year. I will only revise this decision if they change the schedule for Thunder Mountain refurb

And no I am not over it! thunder mountain! Noooo

2nd We will use Early Morning Hours. Yes it may be busier - but we will be awake very early and we get an hour extra park time in the sun. Days aren't that long in October!

3rd We will hire car. I end up having 3 reservations! I cancelled 2 and we will hire car again with Alamo from the airports. I know, I know - I didn't take my own lesson learned from page before.

4th. I will decide on parks and stop wondering if it's the right park or not. Weekends are always busier then weekdays. We have been few times now -we don't need to do all attractions. Too many things are changing all the time - I can't be stressing over it!

5th. I won't try to get value out of the dinning plan. I will book only ADR's we want in the park we are leaving some room to go with the flow and not rush for ADRs or having to leave the park when we aren't ready

Edited at 04:18 PM.
Old 27 Mar 16, 02:24 PM  
Link to this Post
The Duchess
Apprentice Imagineer

I too am suffering information overload! I have done my spreadsheet just need to decide adrs.

Decided we will do MNSSHP mainly for dd2 although it has meant a rejigged of plans (sure it won't be the last )

I Drive -1990 / Windsor Hills 2008
Vegas - 2014
Spandau in Dubai 40th b day trip - 2015
3 weeks all Star sports\ cabana bay 2016
The Duchess is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Apr 16, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

2 ESTAS and annual travel insurance purchased.
1 passport to be renewed this week
working on my ADR wish list!

The trip plan is back on, the scan came clear and I can plan with lighter heart more confident that the trip plan is actually on
Old 2 May 16, 07:25 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

172 days to go

We upgraded to regular dinning plan I made some additional ADRs.

BOG breakfast x 2
Tusker House - breakfast at 10:30
BOG lunch x 3 I love their tuna salad!
Mama Melrose Fantasmic package - lunch
Teppan Edo - lunch
Tokyo Dining - lunch
Via Napoli (OOP) - lunch
Hollywood Brown Derby Fantasmic
Tutto Italia dinner (little unsure about this)
BOG dinner x 2 (love their steak)
Ohana - dinner
Sci Fi - last day lunch, really unsure about that but in case we have credit lefts

I hope to be able to move Brown Derby Fantasmic for November but the schedule isn't out yet and it's not bookable. I would also like tiffins for RoL if on ddp but don't we all!

I am enjoying the planning more this time. I know I can cancel ADRs the day before, I know I can find ADRs on the day if needed to. It's nice to have some of the more popular restaurants booked but I am not stressing out with what ifs as I did last time. I booked lunches only the first week and no plans for the afternoon and in restaurants in the park we are in. All our ADRs are in the parks so we will not have to travel around for food. Apart from Ohana - but I fancy having a look at the resort

I will take a little planning break now, continuing to read the facebook updates from the dibb and few others in hope to get the info on tiffins when it opens. I will start doing the daily plans at 90 days mark to try to decide on fast passes.

Edited at 04:19 PM.
Old 2 May 16, 07:40 AM  
Link to this Post
Alien
Imagineer

Enjoying the planning & taking a planning break probably doesn't make sense!

I am enjoying it more as I feel I can take a break from it and give it a rest. Compared to over planning and worrying about lack of flexibility or right choices that I felt last time. I view the ADRs as booked to give us the option but flexible as the plans can be reviewed the day before and amended. No stress - it's all good. We are going to WDW!

"It's only food" as DH said. Don't worry about it. We won't go hungry!

Next update on double digit day

Edited at 10:03 AM.