Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 28 Feb 16, 12:08 PM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

Fingers Crossed and Pixie Dust, April 2013 - Day 2 = 1st May

Fingers Crossed and Pixie Dust, April 2013 - Day 2 = 1st May

After a better nights sleep I still managed to wake at 4am but fortunately I went straight back to sleep. The PLAN dictated that MK was our destination today so we all got up at 7am. After a quick fight over who was getting into the bathroom first we got to the Stone Harbour Club to grab a quick breakfast of bagels, juice, coffee, tea and croissants. We hadn't yet picked up our hire car so we needed to use the Disney buses to get to MK. So we waited outside of the BC. Now as Gavin was riding the mini-beast he had to park it in a lovely yellow square painted onto the floor at the bus stop. The bus came along at 8:35am and we all again were mean and took the mickey out of Gavin as another version of Wacky Races ensued as he drove the ECV onto the bus via its special ramp. We reached MK just as the opening ceremony was finishing. Now I get very emotional when I see the entrance to MK and it was now my families turn to take to mickey out of me (its only fair )

We got through the bag check fairly quickly and Gavin and I went to City Hall to sort out his GAC card whilst Meg took a very excitable Darcey to meet Pluto. We sorted the GAC easily and returned to the hub to find the kids - but couldn't find them! Ok, lets not panic. Then suddenly Gavin spotted them at the end of the queue for Pluot. We joined them and Meg then told me off for having Darceys pen in my bag! Epic mummy fail
So she had gone a bought Darcey a new one from one of the vendors nearby. See, she does love her sister really?!

We saw that the wait to see Mickey at the Town Hall was only 10 mins, so we headed in to meet the main mouse. Darcey was so excited.

And Megan was too

We saw that the wait was 45 mins for the Princesses so that was a big no no today and we promised Darcey was we would come back to see them another time. We headed down Main Street which was still pretty empty taking in all the atmosphere and to be honest I was trying not to break down in tears that we where finally here at our Happy Place!

We took advantage of the lack of crowds in front of the castle to take some piccies.

We were heading to Fantasyland but found the Castle Walk was roped off so we headed to the right of the castle.

We passed by Merida's new meet and greet area as the queue was massive, again promising Darcey that we would meet her another day. We grabbed a FP for Journey Under the Sea and then noticed that the Fairy Godmother was at the back of the castle. Now we've never met her before so we joined the short queue. Now in front of us was an American family who had a daughter about 3 years of age. She was wearing an exact replica of the Fairy Godmothers cape and looked so adorable. All Meg and I kept doing was "Ahhhhhh-ing" When it was their turn to meet her, the Fairy Godmother was so amazing especially when she removed a hair pin from her own hair to use on the little girls hood that kept on falling back. It was one of those amazing Disney moments that we truly felt honoured to witness. The interaction was brilliant and the mini Fairy Godmother was so gorgeous.

We walked towards the new expansion area hoping to meet Belle but not with a 50 min wait. By now the park was getting a bit busier but we were happy to explore the area whilst killing time for our FP for Aerial. We then came across Gaston. He was one of the best interactions we had. Gaston as a massive flirt too. He talked to Darcey for ages and when she told him that she liked to read so he took a long time to explain that reading was bad for her brain and not good for her all at.

Meg just had to meet him too

We headed onto the Tavern to try Le Fou's brew. Here we encountered our first miserable CM. We had two souvenir cups of brew and as the kids were a little peckish we had some apple slices with caramel and crackers with hummus. Very yummy too. Here we took advantage of the taverns photo opportunities. The theming in here is fab.

So now it was time for our FP to Journey Under the Sea. Darcey was getting a little anxious about the ride and I could see that she wasn't believing us as we said it was a nice ride. (The TofT episode was bitting us on the bottom now)

But she loved it - Phew!

We all agreed that this ride was fab and we had all joined in with the singing. As we exited the ride we spotted the Aerial meet and greet and waited only 10 mins to see her.

Then it was time to hit the rest of Fantasyland. We grabbed a FP for Pooh's ride and then rode Peter Pans Flight (only had a 20 min wait) Then Meg and Darcey were gagging to ride the Carousel. Sorry I couldn't get any clear photos of them spinning around. Then onto one of my favourites of Mickey's Philharmonic. I love this so much and I also love the CMs telling the muppets who clearly have muck in their ears to move along the line and not to sit down in the middle of the row (I'm so wicked )

We all then decided that our bellies were rumbling and headed towards Columbia Harbour House for lunch. Again I played the 'I am new to this DDP' role and the lovely CM patiently took my order. We had a lobster roll for me, Salmon for Gavin, Darcey had a kids chicken nuggets and Meg had an adult chicken and fish nuggets.

Gavin had been feeling a bit tired but this perked him up and was happy to carry on. We had all agreed that we would be ruled by how the boy was feeling and he dictated our pace. But Gavin was so happy to be here that he was dragging us round by the end of the holiday

We headed out and had a look at the Rapunzel 'loo' area and had a hard time convincing Darcey that we wouldn't find Rapunzel here. It so should have a meet and great area for her as its fantastic.

It was time to use our FP for Pooh's ride but unfortunately someone had spilt some honey onto the track so it was closed (I just love those CM excuses ) Then the rain came - Boooooo! So Gavin bought some ponchos from the Hundred Acre Shop and boy did the teenager moan about being made to wear one! And then preceded to moan even more when I tried to take a photo of her wearing the "Crime to fashion" Should have brought your raincoat then kiddo!

Hehehehehehehe! (It was an action shot)

We decided to start to head out of MK as we had to pick up our car later today. So we slowly walked through Main Street where my lovely hubbie bought me a gorgeous Dooney and Burke handbag. He was even comparing the pattern placement with me. See I've trained him well

We also bought Darcey an Oz T-shirt and Meg a necklace. I also bought a fab Disney parts camera strap for our DLR camera. During this time I had tried to call the Car Rental place just outside of MK to confirm our time to pick up our hire car but the number wouldn't work so I emailed Val back in the UK for some help. We went out to catch the bus back to BC and Gavin parked the Mini-beast in the ECV yellow parking box. However the bus driver hadn't seen Gavin waiting and hadn't lowered the ramp etc, So this American guy was shouting at the driver about him needing to load the ECV. Gavin was so embarrassed but this guy was only trying to help, meanwhile the queue for the bus was getting longer. Eventually the driver saw Gavin and loaded him and the mini-beast onto the bus via its ramp, then another bus came along and all the waiting crowds piled on to that one.

CONTINUED BELOW... Please don't post yet

Edited at 12:42 PM.
diamondgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 16, 12:40 PM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

Fingers crossed and pixie dust, April 2013 - day 2 continued...

FINGERS CROSSED AND PIXIE DUST, APRIL 2013 - DAY 2 CONTINUED...

We got back to BC and passed by the Stone Harbour Club to pick up some snacks for the kids. I managed to get through to Alamo using the hotel phone and arrange for their shuttle to pick us up at 3:50pm. We left Meg in charge of Darcey watching the TV in the hotel room and went to the BC lobby to catch the shuttle. The driver was really lovely and very chatty. We got to Alamo and noticed that the guys behind the counter were a bit Po-faced. So we managed to cheer them up with a bit of English humour and secured the Tahoe that Gavin so wanted to get to drive. We had booked the right class of vehicle but a Tahoe wasn't guaranteed, so when the guys said they had one available Gavin was beaming. It was a silver beast with only 1264 miles on the clock.

We got back to BC within 25 minutes - Great service!

We all got changed and headed out for a drive. We were headed to the nearest Walmart (sorry I can't remember which one) and had a browse. We bought Tylanol pm, Advil, teeth whitening strips, a pill crusher for my mum. (She hates taking tablets and I knew that she would have quite a few to take when she left the hospital so I thought this would help her take them.) We also bought some swimming noodles, sharpies, twisty crayons, toothpaste, a massive Hersey sauce, snacks, trainer socks and lots more junk! Gavin wanted to pick up some Lucozade which they had at $2.50 each bottle but then spotted an American version for 12 bottles for $5 so Gavin went for that instead. We weren't being cheap but the maths didn't add up if we bought the Lucozade. When we checked out I was having palpitations at the amount of carrier bags that the guy on the till was wasting. Now in the UK we are all so used to taking our own bags to the supermarket with us but this was madness. He was putting one of two items into each bag! Meg and Gavin were killing themselves laughing at me trying to pack more items into each carrier. In total we spent $366 but in my defence $180 of that total was on three packs of teeth whitening strips

We decided to eat dinner at Bahama Breeze. It was 7pm and we were seated straight away.

We had a lovely server called Joy. We had a fab conversation about cocktails and I decided on a Sunshine Cocktail. Gavin and I shared a spinach dip to start, I then had coconut shrimp for my main. I thought the shrimp was nice but very sweet. Gavin had a Bud to drink and the beef chipolta for his main. Meg tried some dip (not too keen) and had ribs. Darcey had the bow tie pasta. The meal cost $185 + tip. We then headed back to the BC and crashed out exhausted but happy.
diamondgal is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 16, 01:44 PM  
Link to this Post
Sparksy72
VIP Dibber

Sparksy72's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a busy day - you managed to fit loads in. My husband would totally have car envy if I showed him the Tahoe! That car is massive! 😊
Sparksy72 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Feb 16, 05:51 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
oh so glad you decided to finish this, I'd often thought about your DH and how he was.
Old 28 Feb 16, 05:54 PM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Momofboys View Post
oh so glad you decided to finish this, I'd often thought about your DH and how he was.
Ahhhh thats lovely of you. My DH is still kicking the cancer in the bum and he was the one who told me to finish it

I'm just about to start on day 5
Old 28 Feb 16, 05:58 PM  
Link to this Post
Momofboys
Imagineer

Momofboys's Reviews
Originally Posted by diamondgal View Post
Ahhhh thats lovely of you. My DH is still kicking the cancer in the bum and he was the one who told me to finish it

I'm just about to start on day 5
oh thats great to hear, keep kicking!
Old 28 Feb 16, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
diamondgal
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by Sparksy72 View Post
What a busy day - you managed to fit loads in. My husband would totally have car envy if I showed him the Tahoe! That car is massive! 😊

It was sooooo huge. We could fit so much in the boot especially the ECV mini-beast that we put in there every day. Although we did hire one that we could take apart a bit to fit it into the car.