Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 4 Jun 16, 10:13 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Welcome, foolish muggles - Day 6 - Typhoon Lagoon, T-Rex and our anniversary

Day 5 - Epcot, Akershus and San Angel Inn

All the excitement of Epcot must have tuckered me out as I slept through until 7.20 - yay! Alice and G slept until gone 8. She wanted a bath, which I said was entirely pointless as we were going to Typhoon Lagoon later, but nobody listens to me…

I went and made myself a wholesome breakfast of macaroni cheese waffle fries and just chilled out, catching up on the Internet and my notes. It was our third wedding anniversary and lots of lovely people had sent us cards early, so we could bring them with us We all took it easy that morning and left around half 9.

Nutritious!

We wanted to go pay some money off our room account, so caught the bus to hospitality house. I guessed that we owed about $200. The lady handed over our tab so far and I think my eyes popped out on stalks like in a cartoon - $390! Ok, I'd spent $130 in Momento Mori and I'd charged $50 of tips to the room which I needed to pay off our gift card, and some of it was stuff I charged for Sophie and Alice, but still! That was a lot to rack up in 3 days! Luckily, I'd budgeted way too much spending money for this trip, so we’d be fine as long as we didn't spend that kind of money every 3 days.

We caught the bus to Typhoon Lagoon and noticed how much construction there was along the roads in the area. Kinda spoils the magic a little bit, but you know it's all for a good cause.

When we arrived, we hired a locker ($15 now?! What the flip?!), dumped our stuff and scurried off. We split up and went straight to the lazy river as everyone knows that's what you do first, right? Alice enjoyed bobbing around in there with us, but it was a bit chilly as it wasn't a particularly warm day. We got out towards the back and went towards Teamboat Springs. This was Alice’s first time on a water slide, so I hoped she enjoyed it. The queue was about 25 minutes and she got bored really quickly. She really didn't like the cold water spraying from the barrels in the queue, so that was fun. We hopped into a raft and off we went. She seemed to enjoy it, but didn't like when water went on her head. Neither does mummy!

After that, we decided to get an early lunch around 11. We wandered around trying to find somewhere to eat and went to Singapore Sal’s. There was nothing I could eat there, but still used two QS credits in the hope Alice would eat something. G wanted the black bean and plantain burger and I ordered a cheese pizza as well. The pizza came with apple slices, so I munched those. I was still starving though Alice was really grumpy and tired by this point and sitting in the shade didn't help - we were all shivering. Me more so, when Alice knocked over a full large coke and ice and it went all over my lap. Thanks kid.

After that, we walked to Ketchakiddee Creek in the hope that Alice would like a splash about. She said she wanted to go on a slide, so sat down and scooted her bum down it. She got just out of arm’s reach and then turned around, cried and said mummmmyyyyyyy! I asked the lady at the top if I could go down with her and she said no. Thanks lady. So I had to stretch down the slide and try and grab her to pull her back up. Yeah, cos that’s more safe than letting me go down the slide with her…

Alice was super grumpy by this point. We asked her if she wanted to go swimming and she cried and said ‘nooo. Go home, go bed.’ Grahhhhh. We’d been there no time at all

So we went and changed and headed back to the bus. We got back around 2ish and all showered and changed. She was super ratty by this point and screamed bloody murder the whole time she was in the shower. We tried to get her to lie down for a nap, but she was having none of it. I wanted a nap too, as we were hoping to stay late in MK. Auntie Frannie was going to keep an eye on Alice while me and G went out for the evening. None of this was looking good :/ I tried to have a nap while G sat with Alice and gave her a snack. I didn't sleep, but it was nice to just lie in the dark for a bit.

Fran and Sophie arrived at some point when I was in bed, but they weren't ready to leave. We were heading to Disney Springs as we had a dinner reservation at T-Rex. Me and G did a couples Disneybound as Minnie and Mickey. Aren't we adorable?! (*vom* haha)

We walked to Hospitality House and caught the boat to Disney Springs. We walked by Erin McKenna’s, so I obviously HAD to stop and sample some more cakes. For the good of my trip report, you understand. I suffer for my art. I used snack credits to get a cinnamon doughnut for me, a coffee crunch donut for G and I paid for a bakery sink, which was 6 or 7 dollars. It was amazing. It had a cinnamon doughnut, chocolate brownie, frosting, caramel sauce and a vanilla cupcake. Sooooo delicious. I didn't eat it right away though, I was good and kept it for the boat ride back to OKW after dinner.

Froggy baby

Boat selfie!

Mmm! I miss these cakes every day I bought the cookbook though, so need to get baking!

We had a quick wander around the Lego store, managed to restrain ourselves and not buy anything, then had a quick look in World of Disney. I spotted a really cute Mickey top so rushed to the desk to pay for it. G said he’d get it for me as an anniversary present When we got to T-Rex, Fran and Sophie were waiting for us - they'd caught the bus.

We had a really cool table in the ice cave, but the lighting in there really confused my eyes. The light kept changing, which made it kind of hard to see at times. It freaked Alice out sometimes, especially when the dinosaurs got all excited and the lights flashed (meteor shower?).

The chef came over to talk to me and Fran, to go over what our options were. He said he could make me pasta with veggies and garlic and white wine sauce, but I asked if I could have marinara instead. He said he could do something similar for Fran but with gluten free pasta, so I asked if I could have gf pasta too. We ordered the same dish, so that made it easier on the kitchen. Alice was hungry so had a bowl of pasta too. She didn't eat much, but seemed to enjoy it. She had the same sauce we did and it was kind of spicy - not what you expect from marinara, but it was ok. The veggies were pretty bland - I ate it, but I wouldn't have ordered it again.

Excuse the bad flash!

G and Sophie's weird fancy tuna thing

After dinner, we caught the boat back to OKW. Fran and Sophie had a mooch around for 20 minutes before leaving, so we could go and get Alice settled before they got back and took over the babysitting duties.

Luckily, Alice settled really quickly and we were ready to head out as soon as they got back. We rushed out to catch a bus and luckily a Magic Kingdom bus arrived just as we got there. I had a Haunted Mansion FP booked for 7.05-8.05. I knew we weren't going to make it when I booked it, but I lived in hope. I logged into the app on the way back from dinner bang on 8.05 and luckily was able to change it and booked Dumbo instead for 10.25.

Minnie and Mickey feets

Our second FP was for Seven Dwarves at 8.15-9.15. We got to Magic Kingdom just after 9, so had to rush to make our fast pass. G’s new yellow shoes were really hurting him, but I willed him on with the promise that we could take it slower after we’d been on the ride. Main Street and the hub were rammed, as people were waiting for Wishes. We got to the ride at 9.17 and I was practising my pity speech in my head, how it was our anniversary and how we’d been slowed by the crowds. But as we scanned our bands, they went green. Huzzah! I guess they allow for a few minutes grace. The Mine Train is even more fun at night! We took it easy when we got off and walked really slow, so G’s shoes didn't rub too much. Normally, I'd have a bunch of plasters in my bag, but I was enjoying a bag and stroller free evening.

The queue for the carousel was a walk on, so we had a go. My first carousel ride of the trip and what a beautiful evening to do it!

After that, we took a leisurely stroll to Frontierland to use our FP for Big Thunder Mountain. The FP queue still look quite a long time and it had just gone 10 when we set off. I'd planned to head over to Main Street to watch wishes after we’d ridden, but we had the best seat in the place - the top of BTM! The fireworks started as we made the first climb - it was an unbelievably magical moment! We had even more fun, watching the fireworks as we rode As we came off, we walked along the waterfront and watched the fireworks from behind the castle. It was a new place to watch from and I didn't even mind not seeing the projections, as it was so wonderful

As we were right by the Haunted Mansion, we went to ride it and walked straight through the queue. I did my normal trick of going straight left to the doors so I could be first through, as did another group. They were cool - they spoke along with the Ghost Host and did the evil laugh too. I do that as well, so obviously that means I'm cool too. Right? But I was foiled! After the room finished stretching, the door opened to the right! There's a second stretching room I didn't know existed! As I walked out, I turned back and could clearly see two doors and I'd never noticed that before! It didn't make much difference though as it was late and there weren't too many people ahead of us. I spent the ride trying to spot the other hidden Mickeys, but couldn't see them this time either. (I cheated and googled them though, so should be able to see them next time!).

By the time we got off the ride, our FP for Dumbo had opened up. We walked to Storybook Circus and on the way, we noticed the meet and greet for Ariel only had a 15 minute queue. So we decided to meet fishy Ariel, as we’d already met leggy Ariel. I got given a special queue reader thingy and was very excited. I take my role very seriously, it’s of great importance!

The pass of righteousness

The queue was very much not 15 minutes and when we came back out, they'd changed the queue time to 30 minutes. Bah. We literally didn't move for 10-15 minutes, so I wonder if Ariel had gone for a break. When we finally got into the room, I said to G that I recognised Ariel and had seen her somewhere before. He said we hadn't, and that she must just look like lots of the other girls. I was still racking my brains when we met her. She said she liked our tattoos and that we must be pirates. We said yes and Ariel said she’d love to come treasure hunting with us one day. So fun! After we had our photos taken and we said goodbye, I looked on the MDE app and looked at all our other photos. And there she was! We’d met her as Merida on our first day, but G couldn't remember her as he’d sat that one out. She was much better as Ariel

Then we went to Dumbo. There was actually no queue, so it was a wasted FP really it was my first time riding it in the dark though, so it was a fun experience.

Dumbo selfie!

G wanted to go home by this point, but I kept pushing my luck and tried to come up with more things to do. It's not every night that you can stay super late in MK and not have to worry about dragging a tired sprog with you. I managed to trick him into riding the Barnstormer as that was a walk-on too. The CM wished us happy anniversary as we got on I'd forgotten how bloody quick that ride is over and done with! And how rattly it is! I bumped my funny bone and it really hurt! The CM said we could stay on and ride again if we wanted, but G said no and wanted to head home. Booooo

We walked back via Tomorrowland, so I used the opportunity to beg to go on another ride. The Tomorrowland Speedway was only a 5 minute queue and I said if we went on it, he could drive. It worked! Yay! We didn't go very fast as the car in front was so slow, but it was so fun! I want to ride go karts at 11.30 every night now!

After that excitement, we slowly meandered down Main Street. We had a little look in the shops and I saw a lovely Loungefly handbag that I fancied. After the ‘how have I spent that much money already?!’ shock that morning, I decided to be sensible and take a photo of it and I could always come back later in the trip to get it.

I never went back to get it - planning on getting it in California

On the way in, there was a photopass photographer taking pictures in front of the lit up station. We had rushed past him, but hoped he was still there when we came back. He’d gone That was such a lovely photo opportunity too. By the time we got on the bus, it was midnight - not too far off my goal of 1 am and a lot later than I thought we’d actually manage!

The bus back was quick and we crept into Fran’s room to take the baby monitor out, in case Alice woke in the night. As soon as our heads hit the pillow, we were spark out. I didn't even have time to finish my notes. That was the beginning of my serious note slacking! Tut tut. We’d be off to Hollywood Studios the next day, so no plans for an early alarm at least
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 16, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
missdopey
Imagineer

What a fantastic day! You packed so much in. I love late nights in magic kingdom.

ASMo, ASMu x4, SSR x2, BLT x 4, CSR, POLY, AKL x 4, BC x 4, BWV, CC, OKW
DVC MEMBER - BLT & SSR
missdopey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Jun 16, 04:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Lovely evening at MK👍
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 12:03 PM  
Link to this Post
closeder
slightly serious Dibber

Great day, love the disney bounding.

Index to my trip reports at link below, updating live
"Over the hill and sailing away March 2017"
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/repo...p?userid=36640
closeder is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Jun 16, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by missdopey View Post
What a fantastic day! You packed so much in. I love late nights in magic kingdom.
It was probably one of my favourite times on the trip, it's so magical at night. I don't think I'd ever been there that late before, only late enough for the fireworks, then home. It really takes on a different feel at night! I'm hoping Disneyland is open late when we go in October!

Originally Posted by Cinderella View Post
Lovely evening at MK👍
Thanks, it was really lovely

Originally Posted by closeder View Post
Great day, love the disney bounding.
Thank you!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post
Jezzerinos
Apprentice Imagineer

Jezzerinos's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 8
What a great day. Sounds like you both had a fab evening. We enjoyed our first night without strollers and bags on our last trip. Me and the DW loved it and enjoyed seeing the MK at night, all lit up. It makes the MK seem like a completely different place. Love it!
WDW Onsite - May 09 (Honeymoon) - May 12 - Feb 14
Offsite hotels around Orlando - May 91, Mar 00, Mar 02, Apr 05, June 06
Jezzerinos is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 01:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Duwsh
Helping Minnie

Such a great day, just binge read all of your reports and I love them, Alice is such a cutie!
Duwsh is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Jun 16, 10:45 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Jezzerinos View Post
What a great day. Sounds like you both had a fab evening. We enjoyed our first night without strollers and bags on our last trip. Me and the DW loved it and enjoyed seeing the MK at night, all lit up. It makes the MK seem like a completely different place. Love it!
It's just so different and magical! Can't wait for a whole 3 day trip to Disneyland, no anklebiter, no stroller, no bags!

Originally Posted by Duwsh View Post
Such a great day, just binge read all of your reports and I love them, Alice is such a cutie!
N'awww thank you
Old 14 Jun 16, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
kansaskitty
Imagineer

Mobile

What a brilliant day, Alice did well in T. rex as it is so so loud! We love it there.
Absolutely so jealous of a baby free night in MK, living the dream! You look great with the Disneybounding too!
Old 1 Sep 16, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

What a nice evening, Magic Kingdom in the park is just amazing. So nice of the girls to babysit for you!
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List