Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Nov 06, 07:34 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Georgemac and Crew – Oct 2006 - Day 15 – Shopping Again!

Day 15 – 2nd Nov – Shopping Again!

The Itineray for Today – Was to be anything the kids chose.

Weather forecast – Sunny with some clouds and high of 85 degF

Today (Thurs), I told the rest of the crew that it was their choice what we did today, my suggestion was Typhoon Lagoon and DW was also keen on this, but DD and DS not keen, DS wanted to stay in the pool all day. So we played around in the pool, I came out around 11 AM looking like a prune, and DS came out around 11.30 – he just loves playing games in the pool and mucking about, always has, I thought he would be too old and cool for this now but I am wrong.

The crew decide to shop again for the final time, and we still have to find some small gifts for those back home, so just after 12 we are off up the I4 to the premium outlets. Had a successful time there, and I offered the crew to go to Hooters at the crossroads for lunch, but DS surprisingly declined the offer – he wanted a McD’s drive through, and DD wanted to eat at the Florida Mall food court, so that was the next stop. The reason for the visit to the Florida Mall was to see if we could persuade DS to try the surfing simulator in the new surf shop – he was really keen to try it, but did not want to go on himself, and wanted me to try it with him. Now when we saw it, it was only teenage boys with not a pick of fat and 6 pack bellies that were on it, and it was the same today. Much as I wanted DS to try this, I was not going to the first 45 year old with thinning grey hair and a 36 pack belly to go on here in front of a mall full of shoppers, so DS would not have a go – I am feeling a little guilty, but I just could not do it! Off we go to the Disney Marketplace for some Ghiardelli toffee sundaes, a final visit to the Christmas Shoppe where I get a couple of nice things for my mum, and then to Goofy’s Candy Co to get the toffee apples to take home with us – they now come boxed and the apples are in plastic cases making them huge – and what a waste of packaging – it was better when they were wrapped individually. DS and I noticed the boat rental for the first time really, and would have rented a boat for a cruise round the lake, but it was closed, probably as it would be getting dark in around 30 minutes. We left there and were heading down the 535 to go to Walmart, it was around 6.30 and the traffic was really heavy, so I turned off and headed for the I4 and went back to the villa via the Publix at championsgate. Mrs Garmin was used today for getting to/from the Florida Mall and performed well.

Back at the villa, unloaded the boot of the Impala again, and then comes the biggest challenge of the holiday, packing the cases. In my opinion, we have never shopped as much as this before, and DW and DD put everything out onto the huge master bed which is 6 feet square and it is covered. Well, eventually, the 3 cases are packed, and we have 1 holdall which is full, and we have almost everything in, but I am very concerned about the weight of some of the cases, and don’t want to get to the airport to be told we have to go and buy another case and start putting things in – we shall see what tomorrow brings but for the first time I am concerned and am off to the Flyglobespan website to see the T & C’s about case weight’s, think we will be OK with 30 Kg each, but this may be tight. I had bought the Abercrombie and Fitch aftershave at $50 + tax, but when we arrived back in the UK we cannot find it so either the shop never put it in the bag with the other items or we have left it in the villa!
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 06, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews

1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 06, 08:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Now why didn't you try that surf thing George - lol. Shame about the aftershave
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Nov 06, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

What a shame about the aftershave - the pictures of the water and surf shop look good.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Nov 06, 12:22 AM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
LOL at the surfing don't blame u one bit
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 28 Nov 06, 05:59 PM  
Link to this Post

You should've shown the youn uns how to surf George. Shame about the aftershave.
Old 1 Dec 06, 11:24 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkcandy
Imagineer

the surfing looks cool!
Old 16 Dec 06, 04:00 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Good story about the aftershave - the villa owner was going across just after we came home, so I asked him to check the villa to see if we had left the aftershave there.

Alas, it was not (do not think the shop put it in the bag now), but as I had bought and set up the wireless router for him, and I also made a pdf brochure of the villa for him to send out with his email quotes, he bought a bottle of the aftershave for me and has sent it to our house, what a nice gesture.

He also bought a bottle for himself he tells me and he likes it a lot too!
Old 16 Dec 06, 04:27 PM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely gesture from the villa owner.
Old 16 Dec 06, 05:02 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Thats a very nice thing to do
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List