Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 24 Jul 16, 11:49 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Welcome, foolish muggles - Day 12 - Epcot and Teppan Edo

I woke up at 7.20 am. Alice had woke me up in the night, but we still all managed a decent night’s sleep. I woke up first, so went and sat in the living room and added some notes to my reports. I remembered we hadn’t sent postcards to anyone yet, so made some on an app while watching Buffy and drinking flat pop from the night before. When everyone woke up, we had breakfast, got ready and left around 10.44 am. We didn’t have any ADRs and we only had afternoon FPs, so it was nice to take our time and mooch around a bit.

"The Haunting in Arendelle"

When we got on the bus to Epcot, there was an amazing guy doing announcements over the tannoy. He announced each bus stop as we arrived and pointed out interesting things as we went by. At first I thought it was because the automated announcements were on the blink, but he explained that they were testing putting CMs back on buses. He was really funny and played Disney trivia. I bossed it, and the CM laughed at me because I kept putting my hand up like an excited schoolkid The driver and CM said about mentioning at guest services if we enjoyed the announcements because they needed the feedback before implementing it. So I tweeted Disney there and then, to tell them how much I loved it. We had one of two announcers on 17,000 buses - how lucky was that?! Has anyone else experienced it? Hopefully the first phase was successful and they’re doing a wider test

When we arrived, we went straight to The Seas with Nemo and Friends for our first fastpass of the day. As we headed in, we saw a plane flying overhead skywriting “Jesus”. The plane was starting to write “...loves” as we headed in. We were all wondering what Jesus loves. I guess we’d find out when we exited the ride! (Of course, rude suggestions were made!)

Alice loved going “under na sea!” - I’m always amazed by how clever the ride it. It’s so simple! When we got back out, the smoke was gone We never found out what Jesus loves! But then the plane started writing “u+ God= “ - we waited to see what it was goign to say, but it was too hot. We nipped for lunch and by the time we came back, it was gone again. Boo.

Tiny baby cuttlefish! Squeeeee!

We headed to Sunshine Seasons for lunch as they have some great vegan options. We got the vegan korma with jasmine rice and some tabbouleh pinwheels to share between the three of us. The pinwheels were kinda bland, but edible, and the korma was nice but way too sweet. It tasted like there was a bunch of sugar in it. Whyyyy?! The rice was nice though, but Alice ate most of it. She loves plain rice!

2 and 4 months, and she used chopsticks like a boss!

Fran and Sophie had gone to Electric Umbrella for hot dogs, so we met up when we were all done. We headed back to The Seas to watch Turtle Talk. Those shows always blow my mind, so I can’t comprehend how amazing little kids must find it. I remember the first time I saw the Stitch attraction in DLP and how I cried a little bit, at how amazing it was haha. Alice wasn’t such a fan and squirmed her way through it. Afterwards, Alice said she wanted to go home. G volunteered to go back, but luckily she changed her mind and decided she wanted ice cream instead. Wicked. So we got her a Mickey sandwich.

Fran and Sophie had fastpasses for Mission: Space. The one and only time I went on it as a teenager, I felt soooo sick and hated how claustrophobic it was. My motion sickness is ten times worse now, so gave it a miss. I didn’t fancy green either, as I hated the caged in feeling. G didn’t fancy it either, so I told him to go ride Test Track and I’d find some shade with Alice. We sat while she played with her dinosaur and fed it a variety of things, both real and imaginary.

"The dinosaur eats houmous. NOM NOM!"

"Dinosaur" in his natural habitat

"The dinosaur eats grass. NOM NOM!"

G was only about 10 minutes and Sophie and Fran still weren’t back. The queue was only 15 minutes, so we figured the ride must have broken down or something. Turns out they’d already been on and went to the shops. Without me! Rude! When they got back, all 3 of us went to ride single rider on Test Track.

Me, loving life. The little girl next to me, not so much!

Afterwards, we went to Innoventions and had a mooch around. We weren’t particularly taken with anything in there - especially not the one incredibly rude cast member. She was an older lady doing a bit of a presentation to some older kids. Alice wanted to look at what they were up to and wandered forward to have a look and join in. Instead of welcoming her to watch with everyone else, she was pretty snippy to Alice and basically told her off for trying to touch things. Poor Alice G went to get her and we took her elsewhere. She wasn’t impressed by being told off and then dragged away

Afterwards, we went to get some drinks in Club Cool. Because I am the best sister ever, I tried to get Fran to drink the Beverley, by telling her it was lush. Then this annoying, but adorable old man turned to her and said “ooh don’t drink that, it’s horrible. She’s having you on!” Thanks, rubbish old man! Spoiling my fun! We all drank loads of pineapple Fanta - it’s luuuush!

We headed out to the butterfly house to have a look. I made friends with some caterpillars and a little butterfly that was sat on the path. I didn’t want it to get squished, so put my hand down to it and it climbed onto my hand. I was so excited, so obviously took many, many photos of my new friend. It was really hot and clammy in there, so we didn’t stay for long.

Caterpillar friend #1

Caterpillar friend #2

Butterfly friend

On the other side was some photopass photographers. First, I went to get some pictures taken by the Chip and Dale topiaries. Alice was being a sweaty slug in her pram and G wasn’t bothered, so I took the opportunity to have some pictures taken by myself. The woman in the queue before me was hilarious. She was either a model, or had obviously watched A LOT of America’s Next Top Model. Every time the photographer took a photo, she did a new, incredibly over the top pose. I had to try so hard not to laugh, but I bet she had some amazing photos!

Much less impressive after my actual butterfly friend!

Then we went to the photopass dude by the back of the fountains. Again, I took some photos on my own. They didn’t come out too great though I’m not great at taking pictures and especially not with direction!

Of course, Fran and Sophie came along next and totally showed me up! They did hilarious pose after hilarious pose and had me, the photographer and the queue in stitches. I only included a few pictures though, as there were loads!

We had dinner reservations at Teppan Edo so decided to wander around World Showcase until it was time to go for dinner. We stopped at Canada and had a little look around. We decided to go give the O Canada show a go, as I couldn’t remember ever seeing it before. Alice immediately started whinging and shouting aboiut going outside, so I took her out. Luckily, there was a kidcot station just outside the exit. We sat under the canopy and did some colouring on a Duffy. After a few minutes of scribbling, she decided to colour in her hands. I kept telling her to stop and she would, but then would sneak the pen and her hand under the table. As if I wouldn’t see! Then to make matters worse, she decided to lick her blue hand. Thank goodness they were non-toxic pens! *hangs head in hands*

Disney has ALL the woodland creatures!

When my reinforcements returned, I got some wetwipes and cleaned Alice up, before going for a wander. We split up at this point. When we got to England, we spotted the queue to meet Alice. We hurried to join the back, but a CM told us Alice was going soon and that they weren’t allowing more people to queue. Boo urns! So we wandered to France and got a lemon sorbet to share. It was wonderfully refreshing! Luckily Alice had fallen asleep in pram just before I got it, so only had to share with one hungry tummy, not two!

We carried on to Morocco and decided to try Aladdin and Jasmine again. G went to sit in the bathhouse with Alice, while I joined the queue. It was absolutely massive and just wasn’t moving. After about 5 minutes, a CM came out to say Aladdin and Jasmine needed to take a break, but would be back in 20/30 minutes. Pffft. As if I’d stay there and queue that long in the sun. So went back to meet G and sat down on the bench by the little fountain. It was beautifully cool in there, so we sat and enjoyed a peaceful half hour.

I went back to try for Aladdin again, but as soon as I saw the massive queue, I turned right around again. As we wandered past the Flower Festival food carts, I spotted a vegan falafel pitta on the snack menu. Despite going for food soon, I had to have one! I shared it with G and it wasn’t bad, especially for a snack credit. It was a little dry towards the back as the tahini sauce was all at the front, but it was tasty all the same.

We went by Japan to wander America, but decided to sit in the shade instead. It was really hot and it had gotten progressively hotter every day of the trip. We wandered as far as the Germany pavillion, to go to Karamell-Kuche to get G some snacks. He got a pecan slice and a salted caramel. The delightful aromas must have woken Alice up, but luckily for G, she didn’t like either treat. As we came back through America, we overheard the best woman ever. Her kid pointed at one of the many Ibis that were wandering around and asked what it was. Her answer was “You see that? That’s an American bird.” So matter of factly, as if that was really what it was called. I was so tempted to go tell that poor kid what it was actually called, but decided against it. I bloody love Americans!

We went back to Japan and had a look around the magical shop of doom/dreams (delete as appropriate, depending on your budget). I still hadn’t gotten anything for G for our anniversary, so told him to pick something out. He liked a toy from one of his favourite tv shows, so got him that. We met up with Fran and Sophie in the shop and they both got pearls from the little pearl factory. I love the little song they sing, as it reminds me of ‘If you’re happy and you know it’! Not such a fan of them killing the oysters so people could have something shiny, but that’s an aside…

We headed up for our reservation at Teppan Edo and was taken to our table with the other guests who’d be joining us. I wasn’t too keen on the idea of us sharing with others, but when in Japan! The restaurant was super hot (understandably) and people were squished in there like sardines. It wasn’t the most comfortable of dining locations, but it was worth it for the food. The other people on our table talked to each other, but largely ignored us. Probably as there were 5 of us and they were two couples. I wasn’t too keen on how full on the waitress service was, but you just smile politely and say 'thanks' a lot, I guess

Our chef came out to a round of applause and did some fancy spatula work to impress us. He asked who the vegan was and said he’d cook my food first. Yay, result! He chopped up loads of veggies and made the little onion volcano, which he turned into a train. So fun, but Alice paid no attention whatsoever! Once the veggies were cooked, he fried up some noodles and tofu, then served up my food.

YUM!

The waitresses brought me plain boiled rice, as the rice they serve everyone else is made with beef stock. Alice ate a whole bowl of rice to herself! My food was gorgeous and we all really enjoyed it. G had veggies and tofu too, but prepared with a different sauce and, if I remember rightly, Fran had steak and Sophie had shrimp. Sophie also had a little bottle of warm sake. Stuffed, we settled the bill and slowly walked back to the bus.

We had a 5 minute wait before it arrived and all headed straight to bed when we got in. Epcot is always such a long, tiring day! I was asleep by 9.30, ready and excited for breakfast with Stitch the next morning. Eeep!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 08:22 AM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Another brill day! Love sunshine seasons as they have so much choice. Your meal at teppan Edo looked yummy. Never been cos ds2 who although is vegetarian hates veggies! Alice was a little poppet with her dinosaur

Thanks for sharing
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:00 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by JenD1 View Post
Another brill day! Love sunshine seasons as they have so much choice. Your meal at teppan Edo looked yummy. Never been cos ds2 who although is vegetarian hates veggies! Alice was a little poppet with her dinosaur

Thanks for sharing
Thanks Jenny! It was really great, I'd definitely recommend it! I was a vegetarian that hated veggies when I was younger haha He'll grow out of it!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:12 PM  
Link to this Post
JenD1
Disney's Yacht Club Guest

Mobile

Originally Posted by nanasamboy View Post
Thanks Jenny! It was really great, I'd definitely recommend it! I was a vegetarian that hated veggies when I was younger haha He'll grow out of it!
I hope so cos all he eats is pasta with cheese! Honestly drives me mad and is a worry. Last time we went to Disney he ate meat but now I know he won't. Mac n cheese for 2 weeks eh? !🙄
Old 25 Jul 16, 09:13 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like another good day. Your photos are always great. Love all the poses.
Old 25 Jul 16, 11:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Yes... the well known "American bird" 😳
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Jul 16, 08:19 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by waiting4disney View Post
Sounds like another good day. Your photos are always great. Love all the poses.
Aww thanks Yes, Fran is the pose queen!

Originally Posted by Floridaagogo View Post
Yes... the well known "American bird" 😳
She was SO serious as she said it too. I think she legit thought that's what it was called
Old 4 Aug 16, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

God I wish I was as flexible as Elsa.

Lol at Alice’s blue tongue!

It’s so annoying being in a queue when the characters take a break

Looks like a nice dinner

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Aug 16, 08:22 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
God I wish I was as flexible as Elsa.

Lol at Alice’s blue tongue!

It’s so annoying being in a queue when the characters take a break

Looks like a nice dinner

Jo xx
I don't wanna know why!

She's rarely her actual skin tone. Alice is forever colouring herself in, or covered in a variety of foodstuffs. She's the grub queen!

It was a really great dinner - just looking at the picture is making me hungry

Thanks for reading!x
Old 9 Sep 16, 01:43 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Your just destined never to meet Aladdin and Jasmine The area where the queue snakes around is far too hot to stand in for any length of time.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List