Notices
General Chat This forum is for general topics and chat type threads.

Old 11 Aug 16, 12:56 AM  
Link to this Post

Help pleaseeee...

First time posting but been stalking for a long, long time lol

Anyone here on MT140 STANSTED TO MCO - 19-07-16 - 10.05-15.05

We were delayed for just over 3 hours going out:angry: I didn't take note of the exact time the doors were opened but we landed at 6pm so with taxi time I'm presuming (and hoping this takes us to over 3 hours).

Can anyone confirm this?

Any help much appreciated
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 07:07 AM  
Link to this Post
Julzhw
New Poster (2)

Hi folks,
First time poster, long time lurker. We returned from MCO on Monday afternoon on the slightly delayed TCX139 but we were also on the same flight as Jankz33 and teej710.

We also made a complaint regarding the flight delay and the state of the aircraft and have been fobbed off by TC.

Both our outbound and return sectors were on the Hifly aircraft. I was very disappointed because it wasn't was sold to us. People have said above that it shouldn't make a difference, but it does. It's the anticipation of a "nice" start to your hard-earned holiday which then turns into a nightmare. We were sat at the back of the aircraft and my daughter and two other kids were both ill at various points during the flight. Initially we thought it was motion sickness but her still being ill 24hrs later and confirmation from a lovely medic, we now suspect food poisoning. The only time she ate anything different was on that flight. I knew it was going to be eventful when the captain shouted "Let's Go!" as we started take-off...
Julzhw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

According to the Civil Aviation Authority (CAA)

"The delay length is calculated using the time the flight arrives at its destination (this is based on the time at which at least one door of the aircraft is opened) — not the departure time."

which in my case was over 3hrs
Old 11 Aug 16, 11:09 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Last year this plane was drafted in last minute as the Airtanker plane arrived with overhead tvs and had to go back to be refitted.

They leased this hifly and it was pretty bad by all accounts - look back in here to july 2015 and you can read peoples experiences.

It was so bad people were sent compensation vouchers - without even asking!

Just search for Hifly or me above and look at post from that time.

I went into my TC office in Cumbernauld in June 2015 and booked for June/July 2016. I knew it was too early to look at general flights but estimated the costs - was sold on TCs "new" Planes - and we even booked Premium Economy on the return - BANG ON the 330 day mark, I noted changes to my flight... initially it was just the time - but then I noticed more and more - made some enquiries (without TCs help - they just didn't know) and discovered we had been the plane had changed to the Hifly.

Being an avid dibber - I already knew of the hifly problems and immediately kicked off with Thomas Cook. TBF they refunded the PE £500, gave me 46 kgs of luggage per person and gave us seats in row 3 in and row 5 out (which changed several times and we had to battle to keep)

In the past year ive kept on them and even emailed Hifly direct to make sure this wasn't as bad as last year,

Ive been lied to, ignored, hassled, all the usual - but ultimately and its in their T&Cs that they can mess customers around with change of aircraft and seating etc - so that's how they cover their a*ses - its very very bad - but that's how they get away with it.

again TBF Virgin, BA, Thomson - the lot - are just as bad. Just read in here and you'll see.

Personally I was sold Their own planes and I was given the Hifly - they tried to make it up to me - but I did not use any of the "extras" the gave me - didn't use the extra Luggage - so I have an offer on the table from them even before I flew to make up for all the hassle... Just in recovery from the holiday so when Im back to work etc - ill send them a detailed email and see where we are...

I was delayed but 2h 45m - was more like 4 hours from boarding to getting our bags but hey ho... and the toilets just packed in late into our flight so that wasn't an issue for us.

For everyone else above you will get an offer of compensation - just play their game... they rely on intransigence and the fact that it will rumble on. If you are a Rottweiler like me - once a week - make it TC time and send a letter or email and keep it going - if you cant be bothered - use Resolver from Money Saving Expert site - it does all the grunt work after your initial complaint...

Now the purpose of this thread and this post - to make TC accountable and provide us customers with the service we deserve. Their own planes and Airtanker are excellent and probably now the best transatlantic carrier. They fly Man, Stan, Gat and Glw (WHY STOP MID JULY) direct to MCO which is excellent and they aren't overly expensive initially and for upgrades.

If we take all the other issue at face value (longest software glitch in history, ill-informed staff) then I would travel with them again - but book later and make sure I get the right plane. We would hifly again - but would need to be 100% front 6 rows.

So complain complain complain - you have nothing to loose.
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 11:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Jankz33
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Julzhw View Post
Hi folks,
First time poster, long time lurker. We returned from MCO on Monday afternoon on the slightly delayed TCX139 but we were also on the same flight as Jankz33 and teej710.

We also made a complaint regarding the flight delay and the state of the aircraft and have been fobbed off by TC.

Both our outbound and return sectors were on the Hifly aircraft. I was very disappointed because it wasn't was sold to us. People have said above that it shouldn't make a difference, but it does. It's the anticipation of a "nice" start to your hard-earned holiday which then turns into a nightmare. We were sat at the back of the aircraft and my daughter and two other kids were both ill at various points during the flight. Initially we thought it was motion sickness but her still being ill 24hrs later and confirmation from a lovely medic, we now suspect food poisoning. The only time she ate anything different was on that flight. I knew it was going to be eventful when the captain shouted "Let's Go!" as we started take-off...
My mums been sick since our flight home on monday. We keep thinking its a stomach bug. She can't keep anything down!

Her stomachs also very painful and tender. Due at the docs soon...

Edited at 11:19 AM.
Jankz33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 11:19 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

Originally Posted by no1disneymum View Post
First time posting but been stalking for a long, long time lol

Anyone here on MT140 STANSTED TO MCO - 19-07-16 - 10.05-15.05

We were delayed for just over 3 hours going out:angry: I didn't take note of the exact time the doors were opened but we landed at 6pm so with taxi time I'm presuming (and hoping this takes us to over 3 hours).

Can anyone confirm this?

Any help much appreciated
papamouse is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Aug 16, 11:53 AM  
Link to this Post
papamouse
VIP Dibber

some of those 2015 hifly threads here:

http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sear...&pp=40&page=16
Old 11 Aug 16, 06:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Julzhw
New Poster (2)

Thanks Papamouse,

We will continue with the claim. I've never been as uncomfortable on an aircraft seat as I was on this particular aircraft. The whole experience with TC has left a sour taste.
Julzhw is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Aug 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post

Mobile

Thanks Papa Mouse, we stated our concern regarding Hi fly such as seats, toilets etc. As a result we were moved to Air Tanker and had a great flight after a slow check in at Stansted. Thank you for starting this post, most helpful!
Old 20 Aug 16, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
Thecornflake
Proud to wear my Ears

Originally Posted by Jankz33 View Post
My mums been sick since our flight home on monday. We keep thinking its a stomach bug. She can't keep anything down!

Her stomachs also very painful and tender. Due at the docs soon...
Everyone who has been ill including the other poster should notify public health or whatever it's called as if different people from one place get suspected food poisoning it gets investigated.
Thecornflake is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List