Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 12 Sep 16, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I really do a trippie? Day 3 - 22nd August 2016 - Epcot and Celebration

Day 3 – 22nd August 2016 – Epcot and Celebration

Index

I woke up at 6.30... a lie in! I had slept really well, I absolutely loved the bed in the villa, I assumed Andy had already got up, so stretched my arm out to check and ended up poking him in the ribs and waking him up oops! The bed was so big I couldn’t tell he was there!

Epcot was the plan for today. I had FP+ for Spaceship Earth 9.35, Mission Space 10.35 and Soarin’ 11.50.

I wanted to be there early to try and do Test Track first so I was a cruel mum and woke the boys up. They were delighted... We left the villa at 7.40 and I thought I’d make it up to them and take them for breakfast at Golden Corral (it was always their favourite). It was a lot quieter than last night, so a more pleasant experience. The omelette woman was her usual happy, smiley self... not!

healthy breakfast

They’ve changed the layout of GC since our last visit and they no longer seemed to have the multiple carrot cakes on display. I couldn’t find the bakery section to start with but then found a much smaller section with a few cookies, no cakes, no banana bread, very disappointing. I think the boys mainly like it as they can have ice cream for breakfast. It was $37.

We parked up in Amaze at 8.50 and walked to the entrance where we waited for the park to open. We then got welcomed in several languages and made a bee-line for Test Track. It was showing a 20 minute wait so we joined the queue, I got my arm twisted for my phone so Dan could catch something amazing, like a Bulbasaur or Rattaji or some such on Pokemon Go. I may not have mentioned to the boys that the parks have wifi so they had left all devices at the villa.

The boys loved designing their cars. I got to choose the colour and pimped it with some flowers! I liked the pre ride car designing, but think I prefer the concept of the old ride.

It was then time for our Spaceship Earth FP+ but it was down so we got a free FP+ for this or any tier 2 attractions. We thought we’d go and do turtle talk with crush. The boys didn’t want to but Andy & I did! Now, I didn’t realise there was any other way into this apart from queuing first for the seas with Nemo! Luckily there was no queue to speak of and we went looking for Nemo and then tried to use our free FP+ in Turtle Talk but it wouldn’t let us. I don’t know if this was because we were now in the time for our next FP+ so we exited via the shop (remembering to come back in this way next time) and headed to Mission Space.

We’ve never been on this before, Andy’s not good with spinning (can’t do teacups ) so I think we’ve avoided it for this reason, but having read on the Dibb how many people love it we were looking forward to trying it. We went with the Green option as I may have mentioned to Andy & the boys (stupidly) that people have been known to be sick on orange, so there was no way I was persuading them to try it after that! It was great, we loved it.

Then we went back to Turtle Talk Duuuuuuude, the boys refused to sit at the front and ask a question they’re just no fun haha. Our free FP+ still wasn’t recognised but they let us in anyway

Then Soarin’ ooh this was really good, love Soarin’

On our way to World Showcase we stopped at Club Cool, I thought the boys would like to try some Beverly... actually, the rest were all really nice, particularly the pineapple Fanta, yum!

Josh picked up a Phineas and Ferb mission & I suggested he did Germany as I fancied a little look in Karamell-Kuche. I’ve never really been in any of these ‘sweet shops’ but I got a little addicted to them this year! I bought a chocolate and caramel covered strawberry, Andy couldn’t believe what a bargain it was, only $4.95 for a single strawberry! I sat on a bench and swallowed it whole before it melted again!

It was a really, really hot day today, we were all struggling with the heat at this point. We stopped for drinks and ice cream in Italy, then more drinks in America (2 large lemonades for free as she couldn’t work the till! Bonus!) Josh had gone off ahead to do another mission in France and we went over to meet him,

I even suggested Impressions de France for a cool down but we just missed a show and didn’t want to wait so we decided to call it a day and head back via Spaceship Earth. We were on the verge of grumpiness due to the heat.

The boys had a quick cool down in the fountains and then we had some photopass photos taken.

Spaceship Earth was only a 5 minute wait so we did that, the camera wasn’t working so we didn’t get our silly faces on our futures.

We decided that we needed to take more drinks out with us in future so on the way home we stopped at Super Target. I love super Target! We bought some bottled water and more essentials like ice cream and spent $53, could wander for hours here, but this was a flying visit today.

We got back to the Villa at 4pm and again straight into the Pool and a little chill out before we went out for Tea. Longhorn tonight.

It was very busy, we got there at 6pm and got seated in a booth – we love a booth! Our server was great, we devoured the bread in seconds so she bought us another loaf, we all had salads to start. I had Flo’s filet with a loaded baked potato, Andy had steak and ribs combo, Josh a flat iron steak and Dan had ribs. It was delicious, although Dan struggled with his, don’t know whether he’d filled up on bread and salad or was a bit tired from the heat and being woken up this morning. But Andy helped him with his ribs...and then had a banana cream pie (I might have ‘helped’ him with that)

Great service, great food, $112 including tip.

We then decided to have a wander round Celebration. I absolutely love Celebration (especially at Christmas) it’s the home of my favourite Starbucks! Every time we go to Celebration there are always people playing basketball, jogging or playing tennis, it just has a lovely feel to the place... when I win the lottery I’ll have this one.

We had a walk round the lake and saw a baby alligator but no big ones sadly (or thankfully? )

spot the gator?

We were looking forward to going to the Woof Gang Bakery to get a new collar and lead for our dog, Hershey, I think the shop was smaller that we last came, but none of the leads were adjustable so we didn’t get one which was disappointing. So to make up for that we went to Kilwins! The boys got ice-cream and I got yet another chocolate based treat (or two)

and we sat on the steps by the lake to eat them. Other people were sat in the rocking chairs (how very dare they - in my mind I’d reserved them!)

We didn’t pay a visit to Starbucks! Too hot for a hot drink! A little wander around Market Street, a few of the shops had closed down which is a shame.

And then back to the Villa for 9.15 pretty much straight to bed, we have an early start tomorrow for a change.

Edited at 02:43 PM.
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 02:59 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another great day Emma.

I can't understand how people don't like Beverley though. It's the highlight of our trips to EPCOT

Mick
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:03 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Another great day Emma.

So glad you didn't do the orange version Mission Space, if you don't like T cups it's best avoided.

We always have to give the Beverly a try in Club Cool, it's one of those things, you know you don't like it but you have to give it yet another go just to make sure.

Glad you enjoyed Longhorns, always has been a favourite of ours till this time and we were really disappointed in it, I preffered Mannys filet to Flo's your dad was shocked at this revelation from me .

You know how some pictures just seem to stand out from the rest ? well I love the pic of you and the two boys sitting on the kerb, just so natural, enjoying the moment .

Looking forward to the next instalment

Linda x
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:05 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Another great day Emma.

I can't understand how people don't like Beverley though. It's the highlight of our trips to EPCOT

Mick
Yeh right Mick I believe you thousands don't
Lindaelaine is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:12 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Yeh right Mick I believe you thousands don't
You should be careful recommending restaurants Linda.

When we get to the second week of the holiday you'll see that Emma had dinner six times at Sweet Tomatoes based on your positive feedback

Mick
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

Originally Posted by mick View Post
You should be careful recommending restaurants Linda.

When we get to the second week of the holiday you'll see that Emma had dinner six times at Sweet Tomatoes based on your positive feedback

Mick
I have just broken out into a cold sweat ... at the mention of Sweet Tomatoes
Old 12 Sep 16, 03:34 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lindaelaine View Post
Another great day Emma.

So glad you didn't do the orange version Mission Space, if you don't like T cups it's best avoided.

We always have to give the Beverly a try in Club Cool, it's one of those things, you know you don't like it but you have to give it yet another go just to make sure.

Glad you enjoyed Longhorns, always has been a favourite of ours till this time and we were really disappointed in it, I preffered Mannys filet to Flo's your dad was shocked at this revelation from me .

You know how some pictures just seem to stand out from the rest ? well I love the pic of you and the two boys sitting on the kerb, just so natural, enjoying the moment .

Looking forward to the next instalment

Linda x
We didn't do orange on this day...

Mum said you'd been disappointed in Longhorn, we found this trip it was the service that often meant a restaurant stood out, this particular visit the server was lovely, the next visit not so much!

And thank you re the photo

Thank you for reading
Old 12 Sep 16, 05:57 PM  
Link to this Post
waiting4disney
Imagineer

Mobile

Sounds like another fun day. The chocolate strawberry looks yummy in all the photos I've seen but not sure I could part with $5 for one 😕.
Old 12 Sep 16, 08:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Mmm banana cream pie! Yummy. I love Longhorns.

Celebration looks lovely in the evening...
Another really nice day Emma x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 Sep 16, 08:56 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Another fab day and another favourite of ours, Longhorns . I'm wondering if our paths may have crossed at all, possibly in Super Target, we love it too, and with no parks this year, Target was a highlight

Looking forward to more x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List