Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Sep 16, 01:58 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

No Parks, All Recreation! Team Jamerica's August 2016 Brexit - Day 3 - Disney Springs / Manny's

Team Jamerica’s 2016 Brexit

No Parks, All Recreation

INDEX

Friday 19th August 2016

Day 3 – Disney Springs – Manny’s Hwy 192

After the much needed early night the night before, silly o’clock put in an appearance this morning, 4.30am! Simon had been awake since 4 which to him meant the moment he saw any signs of life from me, it was acceptable to engage in conversation. Not so! I’m sure I could easily have nodded back off but it wasn’t to be. I popped to the loo and then tried to get back to sleep, but the bouncy bed and fidgety husband soon put paid to that! Simon’s phone then got in on the action by announcing the arrival of a text message. It was Nat West letting him know that a payment had been declined the previous day. A simple text back confirmed the transaction and unblocked the card. Halifax – take note!

With me not quite ready to be awake and therefore not playing ball, Simon eventually decided to amuse himself. /9Think what you like, this is a family forum! ) He started watching something he’d downloaded onto his tablet and I dozed back off until around 6.

Simon then got up and put the coffee pot on before coming back to bed, and we then heard someone else mooching about. From the flip flop sound we correctly guessed it was Grandma!

Daniel came in at about 6.45 with big news – Grandma had her cozzie on! By 7 everyone was up and about having breakfast, again making good use of the villa welcome pack.

Adam’s nickname when he was little was Addy, I’m telling you this because look….

Addy long legs!

By 7.30 we were all enjoying a quick early morning swim, except for Grandad, and then I went for a shower, as did Grandma while the boys went off to the Man Cave.

The plan for today was a trip to Disney Springs for a little Mouse fix, and we thought it would be good to get there early to avoid the crowds and the heat.

We were all loaded into the car at around 9am, with Grandad taking a turn at driving.

The boys had grabbed a couple of frozen bottles of water to take with them which were perfect as they slowly melted throughout the morning and stayed nice and chilled.

We headed North out of Westridge, up Hwy 27 to join Hwy 192. Now, considering Grandad drives a truck for a living, you’d think he’d be quite confident and capable on the roads. Well you’d be wrong! He seemed to have a problem keeping to the middle of the lane and was continually veering over to the right. One bloke came up on the right hand side of our car and began waving at us. Daniel wasn't slow in recognising he was using only his middle finger to wave!

Travelling down the 192 everything looked so familiar – well it would, we were only there the day before We turned off left at the Sherbeth Road turning, which is a good short cut to Disney if you are coming from that same direction.

This is where it gets a bit tricky for me, being so close to Disney, seeing all the familiar signs, and the buses ferrying everyone to and from the parks. It takes me back to our first few trips and how much fun we’d had during our Disney visits. We have such happy memories, like most people, and I’d give anything to be able to go back and relive those times. You see, it’s the nostalgia of those early trips that gives me the pangs, it’s not a yearning to go back. I can imagine it would be very different if we were to go now, with the boys being so much older. That’s not to say we won’t ever visit Disney again, but we’re in no rush and will wait for the new areas and rides to open before we make any plans….

We eventually made it to Disney Springs, and thanks to Simon’s expert planning skills, he knew we would be best parking up in the lime garage. The journey had taken 40 minutes although it didn’t seem too long, there was plenty to look at on the way. Had the boys been playing up, I’m sure I’d be saying the opposite!

I love how the car park has little lights above each parking bay so you can easily see if there are any spaces.

Simon, not content with airing a new footwear look yesterday decided to try out a new pose, rather than his usual ten to two….

Imagine if he combined the pose with the footwear?!

Having been sat in the car for 40 minutes, you’d have thought Daniel would’ve sorted himself out before now…..

Ten to two wins:

The lime garage brings you out sort of in between the old Downtown Disney area, the Marketplace, and the new shopping area.

It was soooo quiet, obviously as nothing was quite open yet, it’s definitely a great time to visit!

We took the opportunity to snap a few photos with Daniel demonstrating his pose of choice for the holiday, “the dab”. Although on this occasion it wasn’t a particularly good one - I must’ve caught him mid-manoeuvre.

Now, if you don’t have children between the ages of 10 & 15, the dab is probably completely off your radar. Be thankful. However, for those of you that do, do they absolutely HATE it when you dab back at them? ! “God mum, you’re sooooo embarrrrrrassing……” Of course, it became very annoying taking photos, only to spot one of the party was dabbing just as you pressed the button. I’ll kill the boys for ever teaching it to the Grandparents

I’ve read a couple of other trip reports lately, which both contained dab photos. Obviously, as they are being viewed on this website, there’s only one name they should be collectively known by….. Dibb dabs! (©Simon)

There’s also the double dab, whereby one participant will mix up the dab, then throw it in the air for someone else to catch it. I have no idea if it’s really called the double dab, but it sounds like a good name to me…..

In fact, if you happen to post a picture of a double dab in a trip report, surely that would be a double dibb dab?!

If you look at this next photo carefully, you can see Adam trying to hold Daniel’s arm down so we can get on with the photo and get on our way!

We bypassed the new area for now, although I did snap a quick pic

And headed down to the Marketplace. Yet another dab……

If you can actually believe it, we walked past World of Disney, and didn’t make any attempt to go in whatsoever! I think it’s because we weren’t on a Disney holiday, it doesn’t seem right to buy Disney souvenirs – completely bonkers right?!

It’s okay to take the tourist photos though, can you spot the interlopers?!

And of course, this is a must…..

I also have a video clip of them playing with Stitch too. Just look how lovely they are towards one another, this little clip just screams of brotherly love, right?!

We had a few shops we wanted to go in, but we were enjoying just wandering around, remembering all our previous visits.

It still wasn’t quite 10am but the shops were beginning to spring to life.

The first one we made a beeline for – and that’s because they give out free chocolate, was Ghirardelli. We had a look at the prices for their squares just so we could compare to the supermarkets. However, without the Peppermint Bark available because it’s out of season, there was nothing really that grabbed us.

I’d talked to Adam about the ice cream shop on the side and he quite fancied one but decided to wait and see what else was about first. The boy’s learning!

There was another shop that we definitely wanted to visit, and that was Goofy’s Candy Co. Daniel absolutely loves the chocolate strawberries in there, so it’s become a sort of tradition that he has to have one, along with a photo of him eating it on the wall outside.

On our way there, Mum & I spotted Mickey’s Pantry so we popped in for a look, along with Grandad. Simon and the boys went their own way, without really saying where they were going. There was lots of lovely goodies in Mickey’s Pantry, and we all really fancied getting some of the herbs and spices but they were so expensive! I think around $16 for a little pot, like the Schwarz herbs you can get. Needless to say, we didn’t bother, and I picked similar up in Target later on in the holiday! The Disney ones did smell divine though…..

As we emerged outside, I spotted the boys in the distance and could see that Adam & Daniel both had sticks in their hands. It was then that I realised Simon had spoilt my tradition by getting the boys their strawberries, which was fine, I suppose, but he hadn’t taken a photograph! YOU HAD ONE JOB!

At $8.50 for the two, I wasn’t about to go back inside and buy some more, so it obviously didn’t bother me too much However, it did highlight something that became apparent over the course of the holiday. Simon wanders off. Usually in his own little world, and forgets that he has a tribe of other people with him! If you happen to be walking beside him, that’s fine, but if not, he’s likely to forget you’re there altogether! I guess I must’ve known this deep down as I remember being in the immigration queue at Dallas airport and worrying about us being split up It wouldn’t have surprised me if Simon had gone off with the boys to as far as he could have got without the rest of us being with him, rather than waiting! I was wrong of course, and he did wait, but it certainly wasn’t a given!

We all then went across to Goofy’s where the boys tried out the various slushie flavours, or Slurpies as they are known in that particular shop.

Daniel decided to get one, Pink Lemonade & Blue Raspberry ($5.11) and according to his vlog, it’s the nicest slushie/slurpie ever! Adam wasn’t tempted, he was still thinking about his Ghirardelli 

We did still have a little break on the wall, just with an icy drink rather than chocolate fruit.

Check me out balancing a satellite dish on my head!

Simon showed me what else they had been up to, apart from buying treats! God only knows how he managed to persuade the boys to do this, but I’m glad he did, this is the happiest, smiliest photo I have of them both together from the entire holiday!

I love it! He even got it made into a birthday card for me earlier this month!

Another Dibb dab...

Chillin’

Papped again!

Daniel visits some old friends….

Here he is back in 2009 at the grand old age of 4, Adam was 6!

I just found a disc in the drawer containing the photos and videos from our 2009 visit. I’ve literally sat and blubbed watching all the video clips, I just can’t believe how little, and squeaky voiced the boys are. And they liked each other too!

It was still only around 10.30, but it was starting to warm up so we popped into a shop to cool down a little.

I had no idea I was quite so flat footed!

I’m getting all sentimental now, but long gone are the days of rummaging around looking for Mr Potatohead pieces, or deciding which Disney plush to add to the collection. Nope, now there was only one area the boys were interested in….

The Star Wars merchandise, so they could batter one another with lightsabers It doesn’t seem five minutes since they were building their own weapon at Tatooine Traders at Hollywood Studios. Incidentally, you can do that at Once Upon a Toy too

Adam was ready for his ice cream now so we made our way to Ghirardelli. I still look half asleep!

Adam’s getting so tall now, we all think by Christmas he’ll be taller than me……

Once we began looking at the Ghirardelli menu, Adam ended up with a dilemma on his hands. Ice cream or milkshake? However, in the end he decided to go for a milkshake, the rather curiously named Nob Hill Chill! I’m sure he picked it just so he could hear me ask for it

It was so chocolatey, Adam really enjoyed it.

Meanwhile the others took time out on the nearby wall.

We then popped into the Lego shop, more so for a blast of air conditioning than anything.

I spotted the lovely Lego Disney Castle. I’d dearly love to build it, but wouldn’t want to own or display it afterwards, so if anyone has one they don’t want to build, I’m your man

And that pretty much brought us to the end of the Marketplace and we then began to explore the new area that was still under construction during our last visit.

We popped into the Under Armour shop, but as expected, everything was quite dear. Daniel tried on a pair of trainers that were around $70. He really liked them, and I must admit, they looked super comfy and very smart, but $70?! I’ve paid £50 for a pair of trainers for him before, but that was completely by accident. We were in JD Sports at Westfield, and having looked everywhere for trainers for him to no avail, we were all beginning to lose the will to live. So when he finally picked a pair, and they actually had them in his size, I joined the massive queue to pay. Around 20 minutes later, as the trainers were rung up on the till, I was stunned when I was asked for £50. I had two choices. Pay up, or bail out. So to save the embarrassment of admitting I didn’t want to pay that much for TINY TRAINERS, and to avoid having to go back to the drawing board, I paid up. And made a mental note to always check the price of things in future…….

Anyway, the Under Armour salesman was hovering around, and kept telling Daniel how cool the trainers were, but you know, ‘you better check with your mom to see if she’ll buy them for you’. I almost wavered, and then remembered that there was an Under Armour store at the outlets, so I managed to discreetly steer Daniel away towards the footballs, the perfect distraction!

He then began practicing his keepy uppies, he can’t resist whenever there’s a football nearby! He’s quite good at them, so sometimes it can take blimmin’ ages……

Love this photo as Grandma is just appearing from the lift!

The salesman reappeared and I thought he was going to ask Daniel to stop kicking the balls around but instead he joined in!

Eventually I managed to drag both boys away and we carried on with our mooch around.

I’m really not sure what I make of the new Disney Springs. It’s very nicely done, and looks very swish, but it’s really nothing more than a high end shopping arcade.

There are some really nice shops, some I like to go to at home, and it’s pleasant enough walking round, but I think they should’ve looked more for entertainment, or cafes, little food places, or things to interest children. The Coca Cola shop for example, I thought was a good fit for this area.

The boys were quite bored, not that they complained, but this just about sums up how they were feeling...

I’m probably in the minority as I know shopping is top of the list for a lot of Dibbers, but then there are malls and outlets for that. Air conditioned malls too! There were some nice mash ups, like the Disney boots in the UGG shop but I’m just not sure. I really enjoy the old Downtown area though, the quirky little shops, and those with Disney touches. Simon was disappointed that the sports shop there was gone though, he always used to get himself something in there.

I popped to the loo at one point, and took these photos of the much mentioned gaps in the cubicle doors, one from the inside, one from the outside.

From what I could gather, when you are inside the gap looks huge, but from the outside it didn’t look to me like you can see much of what was going on inside!

It was around 11.30 when we decided to make a move.

Daniel once again grabbed the camera from me so that he could do some more ‘vlogging’, resulting in several shaky video clips and a few selfies…..

Continued below...

Edited at 02:47 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 02:00 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

Continued from above...

Grandad once again took the wheel, and we headed off home along Irlo Bronson Highway (or Hwy 192 for short!) There’s a sport shop near the Old Lake Wilson Road turning, which I think is Marker 5 and leads to Windsor Hills. Simon always likes to call in if we’re in the area, and today was no exception. I managed to pick up some shades for Daniel for $12.99 which was much better than the £50 ones Heathrow Airport wanted him to have.

Adam had allocated his holiday spending money towards an Orlando City shirt, and having spotted one in the shop, and clapped eyes on the price, he was now a little reluctant. At $85 it was a lot more than he had expected! He was also concerned as to whether or not it was the latest shirt, so we asked the guy at the till who didn’t seem all that sure, but said he thought so. Adam was now even more unsure, and I tried to talk him out of it, telling him to wait and see if we could find it cheaper elsewhere. The shop guy then approached us again and showed us on his phone that it was indeed the latest shirt. I still suggested Adam waited, but he can be quite impatient, and just wanted to get it there and then. I sort of understand why he feels that way as there have been occasions in the past where we’ve said he can have something, he’s dithered too much and ultimately missed his opportunity. He’s much more likely to seize the moment now!

As it happened, a fellow shopper handed us a 10% discount voucher which was rather nice of them, but Adam eventually decided to wait. I paid for Daniel’s shades using the voucher, and as we were on our way out of the shop Adam changed his mind! See what I mean?! Ditherer……

Thankfully the cashier honoured the 10% voucher, and even rang the shirt up at $80 rather than $85, but obviously there was tax to add on, and in the end we paid $77. You’ll see the shirt’s first outing later

Another thing Adam had said he would like during the holiday was to try Taco Bell. We spotted one nearby, and as it was almost lunch time I said he should have it now in case we didn’t get chance again. Seize the moment!

He was completely spoilt for choice and took an absolute age to decide what to have. We then spotted a $5 meal deal, which meant he could choose 4 items and a drink. What a bargain! I forgot to take any photos but it looked a little like this

He has also chose a meximelt just to try – don’t worry, he wasn’t eating it all himself, I had volunteered to help!

Grandma also got herself a burrito. Or a burrita. She has a funny habit of replacing Os with As and As with Os on certain words. And dear God, don’t ask her to pronounce Pistachio! 

Adam's food came to $7.69 which wasn’t bad at all. Okay, the individual items weren’t huge, but it was still very good value for money.

It was only while I was paying that I remembered Daniel had come into the shop with us as he’d need the loo, and yet I hadn’t seen him emerge. There was every chance he’d gone back to the car and we wouldn’t have seen but it was a heart in the mouth moment as we walked back to the car. Especially as I couldn’t see him as we approached the car either! Of course, he was there, but was almost lying down in the back which is why I hadn’t spotted him!

We were back at Westridge by 1.30pm, with Grandad not quite positioning the car close enough to enter the gate code so he had to reverse and try again. This driving lark is proving quite tricky for him!

We were soon tucking into a mixture of healthy things from our trolley dashes yesterday, as well as helping Adam with his Mexican.

Mum had a bologn’o’ sandwich with Philadelphi’o’. I’m teasing. She just had bologna

Then followed some man cave and pool time, during which we all agreed we'd give the new Manny’s a try for dinner later.

The compulsory lizard photo

Showers for some of us and we left for Manny’s at around 5.30pm, Grandad still taking his driving shift very seriously…..

The journey took exactly 15 minutes.

We’d originally thought Manny’s was on the Rolling Oaks estate but hadn’t spotted it while we were there the night before. However, we’d seen it on our travels earlier, and it’s just a little further West on the 192, about a mile from Rolling Oaks.

The heat was quite stifling as we walked from the car. It’s easy to forget you’re in Florida in the middle of summer when you’re not wandering around the theme parks!

It didn’t look particularly busy when we got inside but we were told there was a wait of about 20 minutes so we made our way through to the left and waited by the bar.

However, it was only 5 minutes before our buzzer went off and we were taken through to our table, passing this on the way.

Don’t they look lovely? I’m not sure why any ‘non-vegetarians’ wouldn’t be tempted……..

We were big fans of the old Manny’s in Haines City, although we had started to hear worsening reviews of it, and so we’d given it a miss during our last trips as it just didn’t seem worth the journey. Especially as you’d be driving past several Longhorns Steakhouses to get to it! However, with there being one just 15 minutes away, we were happy to give it another go.

Our server came over and introduced himself, telling us that the computers were down so they might be a little slow but they would do their best. We all ordered drinks, Simon taking full advantage of being off driving duties, and he went for a draft Bud Light. With it being happy hour, he ended up with a vat of the stuff, I think it was 32oz!

Spot ‘the shirt’?!

The boys were disappointed that there were no crayons on the table so they could doodle while they waited. Our server seemed a little distracted but eventually I caught his attention and asked for the crayons and we were also ready to order our food.

I stupidly went for a burger. I know right? After seeing all those lovely steaks in the cabinet! Adam also had a burger, Simon, Grandma & Daniel all had steaks, and Grandad really wanted the pork chops but it was 1lb worth of pork and he really didn’t want that much. Especially as he had seen an 8oz pork chop on the early bird menu, so of course that’s what he wanted! I suggested he just ordered the pork and left half, but nooooo, that wasn’t the point! He checked with the server but he couldn't have the smaller portion so eventually he went for the chicken. Yeah Manny’s you can poke your pork!

We waited a little while for the salad and rolls but they were certainly worth it. The salad is the stuff of legends. I wasn’t supposed to have any as it doesn’t come free with a burger, but I pointed out that Daniel had a steak, and yet wouldn’t be having his share. And the server seemed happy with that!

The boys got busy on their artwork while we waited for our food.

They ended up, as usual, playing a mixture of noughts & crosses and the squares game to pass the time. I tried to limit my salad and roll intake as I wanted to enjoy my burger……..

It’s against the rules to include these in the number plate game

However, Grandad saw a genuine Hawaii plate in the UK the other day, and the jury is out as to whether or not it can be included. What do you think?

Now, I know we were told the computers were down and things might take a while, but we waited 40 minutes between ordering and receiving our food. That seems like a very long time to me. Not only that, drink refills were very few and far between too.

However, at least the food did arrive and most of us were very happy with our meals.

Adam and I were not. . I KNEW I should’ve gone for a steak! The burgers were very thick, but had no real flavour, just like a slab of tasteless meat, a real disappointment. Even more so when I could see just how much the others were enjoying their steaks! Oh how I wished I’d eaten more rolls & salad! I didn’t even bother eating much of my burger, it just wasn’t worth the calories.

We settled up the bill, leaving $120 cash which meant an 18% tip.

Manny’s was a mixed bag for us. All the food was enjoyed except the burgers. Service was a bit haphazard, for example we weren’t given any plates for our rolls, had to ask for crayons, no drink refills, and waiting sooooo long for the food. I much preferred the feel of the Haines City Manny’s too, but can’t quite put my finger on why. Maybe because it was more a place for locals whereas the new one is full of tourists. Don’t get me wrong, I like tourists, we’re all tourists! But, the service and the feel in Haines City just seemed better.

However, bonus marks go to the server who came chasing after me as we walked back to the car – I’d left my camera on the table

It was 7pm by the time we left Manny’s, and not wanting to ruin our evening routine of visiting a supermarket, we decided to call in at Walmart, which is on Hwy 27, north from the 192. It took us less than ten minutes to get there.

Ladies & gentleman, ‘people of Walmart’

We didn’t really want anything, and I really don’t like Walmart, it’s too vast, and feels quite dingy in there, like a huge warehouse, compared to SuperTarget which is very light & bright. But it was somewhere different to look round.

Daniel & Adam had their usual row over the trolley, and that was despite me telling Daniel to get his own if he wanted to push and him refusing. Daniel did offer up some light entertainment by messing around in the aisle dabbing, whipping and ended up slipping over, landing on his nae-nae….. (If you know the dab, you’ll almost definitely know the whip & nae nae. If you don’t, Google it, it’s everywhere! )

We ended up loading up with a few sweets and table tennis balls and the villa stocks seemed to be depleting at a rapid rate. We spent $14.47 in total.

Grandma & Grandad who had filled their own trolley bought pretty much the same apart from some more hard lemonade and a pair of shorts.

Back into the car for the last journey of the day, and what would turn out to be Grandad’s last turn behind the wheel. He was trying to pull into the right hand lane to turn into our road and almost cut someone up. This resulted in him being beeped, much to the boys’ amusement. Then as we approached the gate, someone was going through before us so one of the boys called out ‘quick, you might make it’. Without thinking, Grandad went forward but the gate began to close so he had to jump on the brakes pretty sharpish and then reverse back to the code box. Once again he wasn’t close enough to reach!

We finally pulled up outside the villa, pretty much like the Simpsons but not quite on two wheels. As we came to a stop I said ‘there you go kids, Test Track’!

Adam got out the car and I could see him whispering something to Simon. After sorting the lock box and the alarm, I went into our bedroom where I found Simon completely doubled up with laughter, tears streaming down his face. He was literally crying with laughter, so much so he couldn’t get the words out to explain to me why.

Once he had calmed down a bit, he was able to get the message across in a series of squeaks. Turns out that Adam had whispered to him outside the car ‘God knows how he drives for a living’, which set Simon off. He then followed it with ‘he got beeped twice’, to which Simon replied ‘I only heard one beep’. Adam then finished Simon off completely by replying ‘he got the bird too, it’s the same thing’!

After a few minutes the boys came in asking what was wrong with Dad, why was he crying!

We unpacked all our bits & pieces, and couldn’t help but notice that when Grandad took his shorts out the bag, it looked like you could fit both him & Grandma in them. He went off to try them and, and confirmed that they were absolutely massive. I’m sure his immediate thought was that he was wasting away, but a quick look at the label inside confirmed that they were indeed massive, and had simply been hung on the wrong hanger……

Grandad then got on with a task that he’s good at, setting us all up for a game of Blob. He was in charge of the cards and had even printed off some score sheets. Impressive! More so than his driving!

Grandma and I tried the new black cherry lemonade that she’d picked up in Walmart. It was really nice, but a bit heavier than the watermelon one from the night before.

Once in position for the game, we began……

Daniel was unsure of the rules, he had only just started playing during the previous holiday and couldn’t quite remember what to do so Grandma, who was sat next to him helped him out. She can be trusted to not cheat. There's no way Simon could've helped him!

There was far too much chatter going on, silliness and showing each other cards – we were all guilty of it, and I could see Grandad getting a bit annoyed as he takes his cards very seriously! I don’t blame him to be fair, it’s a really good game but can be easily spoilt by messing about. That’s not to say we don’t want to have fun while playing, but you know, tonight Simon won, and that should NEVER happen!

And yes, I came last!

We were finished at around 9.45 and after a quick snack and shower for those who needed them, we were tucked up in bed by 10.30.

Today’s spends:
Meals: $77.69
Snacks: $13.16
Clothes: $77
Misc: $26.98

Just to add, with using the Clarity card, we were getting between $1.30 - $1.32 to the pound which we were more than happy with.

Edited at 03:39 PM.
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a lovely day

Simon sounds like Mick thinking if you move you're awake

We love a wander round Disney Springs in the morning it's never busy at that time.

Not sure what we will think of Manny's Emma's family felt it was a bit mixed. Emma loved her meal but the others weren't so impressed.

Joan

Edited at 03:26 PM.
mick is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 04:35 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Jo I feel like we could be related hahaha

I have exactly the same feelings about Walmart

I tried to articulate my feelings about the new Mannys compared to the Haines City one, but couldn't so didn't! I think there's more hustle and bustle, maybe local people around the bar, couldn't put my finger on it. And there was me thinking my lot were being awkward about their food, I take it back now!

We also reminisced about potato head pieces.

And your Dad sounds like mine... Mine takes his mini golf very seriously:pgig :
Old 23 Sep 16, 04:41 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Originally Posted by i love jack View Post
Jo I feel like we could be related hahaha

I have exactly the same feelings about Walmart

I tried to articulate my feelings about the new Mannys compared to the Haines City one, but couldn't so didn't! I think there's more hustle and bustle, maybe local people around the bar, couldn't put my finger on it. And there was me thinking my lot were being awkward about their food, I take it back now!

We also reminisced about potato head pieces.

And your Dad sounds like mine... Mine takes his mini golf very seriously:pgig :

Emma

Even if Winterland/Summerland is included free with the WDW Ultimate ticket there's no reason why we shouldn't be competitive.

I've promised mum a game in February even if we don't have Disney tickets.

Mick
Old 23 Sep 16, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
KittyBlackDog
Imagineer

Another great, you really do need to teach us all Blob, along with double dibb dabb we could have a dibb dabb/blobbing combo sorry there are too many jokes between those 😳

Adam is a peach and so grown up now. dan looks just like Adam did at that age doesn't he?

TFS

KBD 😘😘😘
KittyBlackDog is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 05:10 PM  
Link to this Post
tocpe321
VIP Dibber

Great day Jo.

My 11 year old keeps talking about dab. In my day Dibb dab was a lolly with sherbert.

Looks like a nice relaxed time. I do enjoy a bit of Mexican food.

We tend to play things like Logo, but blob sounds fun.

I'll try not to go off on tangent again so in brief hi Mick and Mick's DD.

Thanks Jo.

Old 23 Sep 16, 06:31 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Ha ha! I know what you mean about the Dab! My 13 year old thinks its hilarious when I try it!

Another nice day all together with your family, I like seeing generational holidays, lovely to get that quality time together. Shame about Mannys, I had it put on my list this morning after reading Emmas report, I might have to scrub it back off now lol!

Nice Boden top by the way...

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Sep 16, 07:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

Mobile

I've mixed feelings about Disney Springs. I loved it the old way and don't think any of the new shops would appeal. Hoping the new food places make up for it!
Old 23 Sep 16, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Milner
Imagineer

Another great read.
Hampton Lakes - October 2007, The Hamlets, Westhaven - July/August 2009, The Sanctuary, Westhaven - July/August 2012, Dibb Villa Highgate Park & 1 night at HRH - July 2015 2017 6 nights NY, 11 nights in Florida Dibb villa, Westhaven, Xmas 2018 Villa 1 night RPR 2019 7 nights in New York, 2020 Dibb Villa booked in Highlands, 3 nights in Cape Coral
Milner is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List