Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 1 Oct 16, 08:09 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Can I really do a trippie? August 2016 - Day 12 - Blizzard Beach, Golf and Shopping

Day 12 – Wednesday 31st August 2016

Index

By the sound of it, it had been raining all night.

We woke up at 6am and had tea and coffee on the lanai in the rain. We lazed until 8, I read some of my book and did some washing. The boys woke up at 8.

It was a grey, grey day and we decided to do a water park... we were going to get wet anyway!

We left the villa at 9 and went to Bob Evans for breakfast.

Even more grey

We were seated in a booth, we had a high success rate this holiday with being seated in booths, we love a booth! Once again we had great service and plenty of coffee refills. I had my usual Country Biscuit breakfast, I had decided a few years ago I needed to try biscuits and gravy and I absolutely love them. This breakfast is a split biscuit topped with crumbled sausage, an egg and sausage gravy, topped with cheese. I always choose the home fries, they are delicious. I’m about to say my favourite breakfast ever, but... it possibly could be topped later in the week... possibly! Andy had his usual Rise and Shine, with a side of banana bread which we all shared and the boys decided to order a waffle and chocolate chip pancakes and have half each. We had coffee, Josh had chocolate milk and Dan had hot tea! It came to $42.

We arrived at Blizzard Beach at 10.20, it was still raining slightly so we put everything in a locker, the ‘normal’ sized lockers for $10 are a bit of a squeeze even for a normal sized rucksack! There was no point setting up camp due to risk of it getting a soaking.

We decided first to do Teamboat Springs, the family raft ride and took the ski lift. They were putting three people on each lift and as we were a four went in two twos both with an extra person. I’m not keen on sitting so close to a stranger in swimwear. The lift stopped almost at the top, turns out due to a child who had fallen over as she got off, then turns out it was the daughter of the woman on the lift with us, they’d obviously joined the single rider queue to make it quicker, there was barely any queue anyway!?!

We enjoyed Teamboat Springs but the water was pretty chilly. Josh continued his new found love of thrill rides and wanted to go on Summit Plummit. This is normally Andy’s favourite but his pulled groin was still troubling him so he gave it a miss. Andy gave Josh some advice though... clench! Josh loved it!

We all did the Toboggan Racers and Runoff Rapids, we had a couple of goes at different slides, they were fun. We then did half a lap on the lazy river. I’m sure we kept annoying one particular lady who seemed to keep getting bumped by the boys who were bumping each other and having great fun in the process. We then went into the wave pool, got a couple of hoops and bobbed about on the waves.

Andy and I decided to have a sit, we pulled up a couple of chairs to the edge of the water, the rain had stopped now and it was a nice temperature (77 according to the car when we got back in) and we just soaked up the atmosphere. The boys went off on their own to do a lap of the lazy river and Slush Gusher. We then upgraded to a lie down on a lounger, I might have had a little snooze and Andy definitely did, it was still cloudy but warm.

We’d dried off nicely and decided to call it a day. We went to get changed and I noticed I was red, oops , because it had been raining and cloudy I hadn’t put sun cream on, just proves you can get the sun through cloud, but not good.

We then had to carry on a Russell tradition with what I thought was called a Garbage Pail but is actually a Sand Pail...don’t know whether I’ve made the garbage bit up or whether it is a thing somewhere?! Anyway, it was nicer than I remembered, last time we had one it had a strawberry sauce in which we weren’t keen on, but now it was just chocolate and vanilla ice cream and chocolate and caramel sauces possibly with waffle and cookie or brownie pieces, it didn’t hang around long enough for me to remember! Three of us shared this and Josh had a Fanta float.

The blooming Dab!

We decided to have a go at Fantasia golf. We’ve never done this and decided on the Gardens Course, or the ‘fun’ one, the other course looked a bit more serious!

We had a 15 minute wait for this. This was definitely trickier than WinterSummerland, a lot of the holes start with an uphill and I could not get my ball to go uphill, I was useless!

It was drizzling with light rain while we were going round but it was fine and didn’t bother us. The quote of the holiday came from Josh at about hole 9... ”Oh it’s raining” yes Josh and it has been for the last nine holes hahaha. We had to wait at each hole this time for people in front to finish playing, but we enjoyed it,

I came last, I was pretty rubbish!

Our original plan for the remainder of the day was to ‘nip’ to Mall @ Millenia to look for these trainers for Dan (any excuse to go to M@M is good with me), Red Lobster for tea and then to MK to watch wishes at 9pm. It was now 4pm and we were peckish so decided to go the Red Lobster at the Crossroads. We had no problem being seated (in a booth) there was only one other family in there!

Andy, Josh and I had salads which were brought out with the lovely cheddar bay biscuits. I had a half portion of shrimp alfredo which is definitely enough as it’s so rich and creamy and cheesy! Andy had fish, chips and broccoli (again!), Josh had crabs legs, fries and parmesan corn (which sounds gross) and Dan had a seafood bake which was lobster, shrimp and mussels on linguine.

Andy didn’t enjoy his, he said it was dry, Josh enjoyed his but didn’t really eat the corn, said it made his stomach feel funny! Dan’s was huge he ate the seafood but not all the pasta and then went over Josh’s crab and ate all the meat he had left! It was $118 including tip, I think that’s our most expensive meal.

We had a coupon for a free dessert but we were too full so had a chocolate fudge cake to go. On our way out our server took one of the lobsters out of the tank for the boys to look at, I think Dan was more keen on eating it rather than looking at it!

Then we headed up the I4 to the Mall @ Millenia, we walked thought the ground floor towards finish line.

Dan also had a Lacoste Polo Shirt on his list (expensive taste this boy!) so he popped into the shop on his own to enquire how much they were, he came out and said that a kids polo was $45 and they went up to age 16. I was impressed he’d been and had this exchange.

We continued up to Finish Line where they had the sought after Nike Airmax 95’s on sale but sadly not in Dan’s size , The service was really poor in here, the staff were just not interested, which was in contrast to every other shop in Florida where staff greeted you as soon as you walked through the door. I was always so impressed with this, it was never pushy, just a really friendly hello, I’ve always thought this in Florida and then we come home and very rarely experience it in this country.

We also looked in Macy’s and Journeys but no luck here either . I’ve never really looked in Macy’s before and I was impressed with it, didn’t buy anything though! Then my third visit to Bath & Body, today they had buy 3 get 3 free. How could I refuse!

Dan had now resigned himself to the fact that he wasn’t going to be able to get the trainers (I’m now getting inundated with texts asking for them for Christmas!). So we went back to Lacoste, where the chap was so helpful and opened several new packets for Dan to try on and then hunted the whole shop for another size because there was one somewhere according to his computer. He eventually found it and Dan bought it. Very impressive service and a happier Dan that he’d now bought something off his list.

On the way out through Bloomingdales I bought some Clinique and got two free gifts. I’d tried to find out how much it would be in the UK but couldn’t get the UK prices, it had always been so much cheaper to buy in the US but I wasn’t sure now with the exchange rate. But, nevermind, I bought it anyway.

We left the mall at 19.45 obviously at some point we had decided not to do wishes tonight after all and decided to go home via Target to do some home shopping. The I4 was really busy and it was pouring, not a nice drive.

We spent ages wandering around Target, doing almost every aisle as I didn’t want to miss anything! I had thought about buying a new set of towels and looked at these for ages, trying them for size and there was a lovely memory foam bath mat, but I talked myself out of them!

We loaded up on the usual Hershey Syrup, Pancake syrup, Nestle Toll House Semi-sweet Morsels (chocolate chips!) Ziploc bags and a few other souvenirs like kitchen roll. Also talked myself out of a huge tub of anti-bac wipes although still spent $210.

Pretty Bags

We ran back to the car as the car park was a couple of inches deep with rain water!

We got back to the villa at 10pm, dumped the shopping in the spare room, our stash was growing!

We sat on the lanai with a cup of tea and shared the chocolate fudge cake. It was still pouring but sitting under the covered section we were dry and it was warm, I loved sitting out there on an evening.

We decided we’d try and Park Hop all four Disney Parks tomorrow and do our favourite rides one last time oh and Wishes!

Bed at I don’t know what time but must have been a late one for us!

Edited at 08:12 PM.
i love jack is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Yet another good day Emma despite the rain.

You are continuing to tease us about the breakfast yet to come so I'm sure it will be something special . The half portion of shrimp Alfredo is also a regular order from half of our household as well but bring on the Cheddar Bay biscuits

Mick
Old 1 Oct 16, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
JoJo88
VIP Dibber

What a great idea to do the water park when it's raining, as long as it's not too cold!

I'm impressed with Dan going in to speak to the sales assistant in Lacoste too. My Dan is more likely to do that than Adam, despite being the youngest!

I smiled at your photo of the gift bags, I bought some of the stripey green ones for Daniel to use for his mates and all the sweets he'd bought them!

Lovely day again Emma x
JoJo88 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Hoping to try red lobster this trip.thanks for the photos x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 11:07 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

It definitely used to be called a garbage pail! I remember having one as a kid and thinking it was the best thing in the world ever

Looks like a great day!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 1 Oct 16, 11:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Mmmm your breakfast looks yummy!

Love the comment about the booth, we love them too! I think mine goes back to watching 'happy days' when i was younger!

Shame your son couldnt find his trainers - still looks like another great day!x

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 07:13 AM  
Link to this Post
Lindaelaine
Imagineer

We were travelling to Miami airport for our flight home this day, it's not so harsh when it's pouring down, it softens the blow a little.
I think the clouds fool everyone as regards to sun cream, I mean how can you get burnt without sun? It's even worse when you are surrounded by water .
You did well with your Red Lobster meal, me and DH had a bill of $100 for the two of us ( including tip ) for one of our Red Lobster meals
Still no trainers for Dan, this is a bit of a De Ja Vue as I am sure Jo struggled to get our Dan footwear too, astro's or boots or something, maybe they are the same foot size .
I am intrigued as to what your favourite breakfast is going to be .
Another great read Emma, shame about the rainy day though.

Linda x
Aug 2018...Westridge. Aug 2019... Miami & Solterra Resort
Lindaelaine is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 2 Oct 16, 07:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Cinderella
Imagineer

Great wet day
Cinderella is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Oct 16, 03:08 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Another fab day! We love Blizzard Beach, Teamboat Springs is my absolute favourite!

Food at Red Lobster looks fab, Im a seafood lover just a shame the rest of my lot aren't.
Old 4 Oct 16, 07:35 PM  
Link to this Post
i love jack
Apprentice Imagineer

Originally Posted by JoJo88 View Post
What a great idea to do the water park when it's raining, as long as it's not too cold!

I'm impressed with Dan going in to speak to the sales assistant in Lacoste too. My Dan is more likely to do that than Adam, despite being the youngest!

I smiled at your photo of the gift bags, I bought some of the stripey green ones for Daniel to use for his mates and all the sweets he'd bought them!

Lovely day again Emma x
I bought loads, I love them