NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 2
Guidebook Photos: 32
Guidebook Reviews: 7
Four States, One Big Adventure: Day 12 - The Day We Blown Away By The Burgers And The Magic

We set an alarm for this morning at 8.30am, not because of anything we had to get to, but because we didn’t want to waste the morning in bed and were conscious of our late night and the time difference. It was most unwelcome and we ended up surfacing at 9am.

By 9.30am, we were out and about, with our first stop to collect our MLife cards and the tickets that we had won through MyVegas. This wasn’t as simple as I’d hoped but we eventually left with some of what we needed with instructions to get the rest at the venues.

Our plan for today was to head as far north as the Wynn and back down again, hopping in and out of the hotels on the way. Our first stop was the Bellagio, so we walked there (the long way) through the Crystals as we hadn’t walked through this centre on our last visit.

The reason we wanted to go to the Bellagio was to see the chocolate fountain, lobby ceiling and the conservatory, but the latter was closed to have some of the plants switched over, so we agreed to come back to the hotel later on via the Bellagio.

Next stop was Caesars, where we had a good wander and a look around the Forum Shoppes. We weren’t really looking for anything and weren’t tempted so once done, we made our way out and across to The Mirage.

We stayed at The Mirage on our last visit and loved it. When walking through the hotel, it all felt so familiar. The main reason for our visit this time though was to see the Secret Garden, as we had gotten free tickets through MyVegas. We stayed for about 30 minutes, bought a magnet ($4.33) and headed out, agreeing that we were glad to have seen it, but were equally as glad not to have paid for it, as it totally wasn’t worth the $22 entrance fee.

Whilst in The Mirage, we walked past a Craps machine and it had been my aim to play one during our stay. Well, we didn’t have a clue what we were doing so that was money down the toilet, lol. Only $5 mind so no big loss!

Our next stop was the Fashion Show Mall, where we did a little bit of spending. Hoorah! First stop was Hollister, as whilst unpacking, we noticed that Matt was running out of clothes (silly boy hadn’t packed spares and had used a couple of extra tshirts through changes he wasn’t planning on) so we needed to get him some new tops, which we managed relatively cheaply, four tops (tshirt and polos) for $53.96.

After this, it had to be lunchtime as we hadn’t had breakfast and were pretty hungry. We settled on Panda Express, where Matt had teriyaki chicken, Beijing beef and fried rice again, and I had teriyaki chicken (gave some of it to Matt…too much for me!), beef & broccoli and noodles. With a large soda, this came to $20 including a donation to a children’s charity I think. Once again, this was super yummy and great value, in our opinion!

Look how happy he was! This is the boy who before this holiday didn’t like Panda Express or teriyaki chicken!

We walked around the Disney Store, hoping for some Vegas exclusive merchandise to add to our New York and Hawaii souveniers but they didn’t weren’t stocking any (very odd, in my opinion), so our final purchase in the Fashion Show for today was in Hot Topic, where I got a Stitch scarf for $18.28.

We headed for the exit, crossed the footbridge, and went to see the Wynn. I loved the new fountain show that they have outside. Yes, it’s smaller than the Bellagio, but it’s as perfectly formed, and the music was wonderful! I could’ve stayed for hours, but Matt was bored and wanted to go inside. The internal floral displays were so beautiful. I loved how bright and colourful they were!

Our next stop was the Venetian, where we wandered through the Grand Canale, played on one of the roulette machines (just $6…easy does it!), and then made our way out. I’d love to stay here someday but to be fair, even the mid-price hotels in Vegas are so good, I just don’t see the point of paying an extra £100+ per night. For us, it’s just not worth it when you can get Mirage and Vdara so much cheaper! Personal preference, I know.

We got sentimental every time we walked past the Mirage as it’s where we stayed on our last visit and we loved it!

We were looking forward to our next stop, The Linq, as it was a new addition since our last visit. We thought it was a really good addition, with lots of new restaurant choices, and of course, the High Roller. We had prepurchased High Roller tickets, opting for daytime for this and nighttime for the Eiffel Tower. We really enjoyed this (helped by having a personal pod!) but agreed that next time, it would have to be nighttime! We were going to get a magnet but at $9 each, we resisted! I didn’t realise until looking at these photos how cloudy it had gotten!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index

Edited at 05:14 PM.
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 05:13 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Next, we popped into Walgreens as we were a bit thirsty, so I grabbed an orange juice, Matt had a Coke Zero, which came to $4.18. Then, it was back to the hotel, via the Bellagio to see the conservatory as planned, and also via Caesars to check back in Abercrombie as they had some tshirts in there for a bargain price but they didn’t have my size (nor did they in Fashion Show) and I had a quick dabble on the slots too, I won a whole 10c!

Once we had showered and changed, we headed over the road to the PH for dinner at Gordon Ramsay’s BurgR. We were super excited for this as a friend had visited earlier this year and the pictures looked amazing.

We were seated within 10 minutes which was great (we got there at 5.45pm, if anyone wanted to know), and ordered our food fairly quickly, but it was a long wait for the food to arrive (probably about 45 minutes) though I have to say, it was totally worth it!

Matt ordered the Hog Burger, I had the Farm Burger (with an egg in it!) with the gooey fries to share.

The food was out of this world, and I can’t bring myself to eat another burger again. It was melt in the mouth, to die for, fresh and perfect food.

Better still, it came to $58.40, which we felt was a steal for food of this standard.

Very happy and very full, we waddled off for a wander around the Miracle Mile, as we had some time to kill before we were due at the Rio. Matt saw some trainers he liked but he resisted. We did grab some M&Ms from ABC for $2.50 to nibble once there. We had hoped to catch an Uber from here but couldn’t find the lobby for the life of us, so we crossed the street to the Bellagio and caught one from there.

The Uber to the Rio was $6.70 (so worth it to save the faff of the shuttle from Ballys/Harrahs) and we joined the line to get into the Penn & Teller theatre. They left us in at 8.15pm, the show was due to start at 9pm. We hadn’t realised that the bassist was Teller until I had a revelation about that familiar face after he had disappeared. He was wearing a hat and different glasses, which totally threw me!

Before we went into the theatre, we got a magnet and postcard, which was $5. I’m sure we were undercharged but didn’t say anything!

Once in the theatre, I popped up on the stage, as invited, to inspect the box and barrel (nothing suspect), and we tried to work out what we were going to need to do with the cup and four playing cards we had collected on our way in.

The time quickly passed before the show began, and sadly, the duration of the show flew by too. It was a spectacular show, we both loved it, and I still don’t understand why it’s not on the Strip. It certainly deserves to be! If anyone is wondering if Penn & Teller is worth it, I can tell you it definitely is, and was one of the best things we did on our whole trip!

To top off this fab day and evening with a gold-dusted cherry, we met the stars after the show and got some selfies with them! They also signed our postcard. We were so happy, I was buzzing until I fell asleep that night!

After our time chilling with the stars (well…meeting, anyway), we got an Uber back to our hotel. This was $6.70 again. We opted to head straight to bed as we were tired from our late night last night and wanted to be fresh for another early day tomorrow. Today had been brilliant.

Steps: 32,178 (21.91km) (though some of these were from last night, as we were out past midnight)

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
NatsyNoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 05:43 PM  
Link to this Post

Another fab day, I'm craving mums lol! That Disney store was a disappointment for me too 😔
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 16 Oct 16, 07:42 PM  
Link to this Post
amymiller
Surfing at Typhoon Lagoon

What a brilliant first day in Vegas, lots of walking again!

Love the Bellagio, would like to stay there, missed the chocolate fountain when I visited

Great photos from the Secret Garden, do agree the full price entrance is too much for what it is though.

Good food choices again, can't go wrong with a Panda Express. Burgers look tasty too, what on earth is that on the fries though?!

Didn't know the Wynn are doing a fountain show too now. Bet Bellgio weren't happy. Some menacing looking clouds over Vegas in the pic from the wheel!

How cool to top the day off meeting Penn and Teller too!
amymiller is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 12:46 AM  
Link to this Post
daytonababe
Imagineer

daytonababe's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
The Disney Store used to do exclusive merchandise, I got a plush Minnie showgirl, plush Elvis Stitch and a few other bits in March 2014, there was something like 25 Vegas items then.
We went back in March 2015 and it had all gone, I asked and was told it wasn't very popular, I suspect if the shop was in a more central Mall it might help though.

I'd never pay for the Secret Garden either , think we did the first time when the kids were little and free, but no way would I pay $88 for us all (and that goes for the Shark Reef too).
daytonababe is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 07:20 PM  
Link to this Post
Pussycat Doll
Imagineer

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Fabulous day, it's time I went back to Vegas, my favourite place on the planet! Pussycat
Pussycat Doll is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Oct 16, 07:56 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by princess_chazy View Post
Another fab day, I'm craving mums lol! That Disney store was a disappointment for me too 😔
Thanks for reading

Originally Posted by amymiller View Post
What a brilliant first day in Vegas, lots of walking again!

Love the Bellagio, would like to stay there, missed the chocolate fountain when I visited

Great photos from the Secret Garden, do agree the full price entrance is too much for what it is though.

Good food choices again, can't go wrong with a Panda Express. Burgers look tasty too, what on earth is that on the fries though?!

Didn't know the Wynn are doing a fountain show too now. Bet Bellgio weren't happy. Some menacing looking clouds over Vegas in the pic from the wheel!

How cool to top the day off meeting Penn and Teller too!
The chocolate fountain is in the patisserie, so you'd only see it if you knew it was there and went that far back.

Got to love a Panda Express, a firm favourite now!

The gooey fries are covered in a smoked cheese sauce (it just tasted fairly mature to me) and salami, topped with a runny egg. Amazing!

Penn and Teller was just amazing! If you ever go back, I thoroughly recommend!

Originally Posted by daytonababe View Post
The Disney Store used to do exclusive merchandise, I got a plush Minnie showgirl, plush Elvis Stitch and a few other bits in March 2014, there was something like 25 Vegas items then.
We went back in March 2015 and it had all gone, I asked and was told it wasn't very popular, I suspect if the shop was in a more central Mall it might help though.

I'd never pay for the Secret Garden either , think we did the first time when the kids were little and free, but no way would I pay $88 for us all (and that goes for the Shark Reef too).
Aww that's a shame! Agree that it needs to be in a better location, though I can't think where?! Maybe Miracle Mile? Jealous of your showgirl and Elvis, I'd have definitely got them too!

Secret Garden is crazy expensive! I don't know that I'd do it again, even with MyVegas, I'd soon get two show tickets instead, I think!

Originally Posted by Pussycat Doll View Post
Fabulous day, it's time I went back to Vegas, my favourite place on the planet! Pussycat
It's really fantastic place! We'll be back in 2018 I imagine!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index
Old 1 Nov 16, 11:51 AM  
Link to this Post
abiknox
Imagineer

abiknox's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 5
Great day again! OMG those burgers looks soooooo good!

Penn & Teller has always been a consideration of ours, I guess I need to look out for deals nearer the time.
abiknox is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Nov 16, 10:53 PM  
Link to this Post
NatsyNoo
Imagineer

NatsyNoo's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Originally Posted by abiknox View Post
Great day again! OMG those burgers looks soooooo good!

Penn & Teller has always been a consideration of ours, I guess I need to look out for deals nearer the time.
Thank you!
Penn & Teller is a must! It was fantastic! Try Travelzoo, we got a steal! And BurGR is amazing too you must go!

Natsynoo's Trippie Index