Link to this Post
pinktraceb
slightly serious Dibber

pinktraceb's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Day 8 Discovery Cove The Bacon's Go Back - Orlando Trip with no Disney May 2015

Here's the index

Day 8 Saturday 23rd May

For a change(!) I was awake first this morning and waited an hour or so for everyone else to wake up at 7.30am! We all got dressed quickly and ready for our day at Discovery Cove. We got there for about 8.30am and queued to get checked in. Mike and Jamie were booked to do the Sea Venture and got a 1.10pm ‘dive’ time. We then got a spot near the windy river and then had breakfast. We got our vests and then creamed up and went straight into the windy river. This is our favourite part of Discovery Cove! We spent about an hour and half there, just floating about We then went over to the Great Reef. I really don’t like swimming in the sea for fear of what’s in there with me but I put my brave face on and snorkelled around! The boys did fab and we saw the sharks, eels, lobsters, sting rays etc. we spent a good hour or so just bobbing around enjoying the wildlife.

It was about midday so we had a snack (and I had a Pina Colada – it would be rude not to!). We then had another spin around the lazy river before Mike and Jamie went to their Sea Venture dive. They loved it. Me and Jack chilled by the beds for the hour or so that it took them.

Time for lunch! It was very tasty but they give out such big portions and there is so much food waste. We saw one man get a sandwich and take just 1 bite out of it before leaving it I enjoyed a wine and Mike enjoyed a beer and then we all applied some more of the sun cream and went off to find the otters and marmosets for an hour or so. I needed another Pina Colada so went back to the beds whilst the boys went on the lazy river again. I only lasted 45 minutes before I got too hot and jumped in too and found the boys.
Suddenly it was 5pm so we got some ice creams and some trail mix / crisps for later (shh….! ) and got ourselves changed and left the park. We picked up our free photo on the way out. Discovery Cove is now a must on our trips to Orlando. We did the Dolphin swim in 2013 so don't feel that we need to do that again. The day itself is just so lovely and relaxing.

We got back to the hotel and all got ready for our evening – we thought that we’d give Friendly’s a try. We walked in and straight back out again – it just smelt so badly of oil / fat cooking

There was a Hooters nearby so thought we’d try that instead. Mike was happy! It was a nice atmosphere and the food was nice but Jamie’s dish (rib and crab combo) was really late in coming – the service was quite slow. They did take the meal off the bill though.

Back to the hotel and the kids were in bed by 9.20pm and Mike and I followed an hour or so later.
The Bacon's Go Back May 2015
Ramada Gateway & OKW 2017

Edited at 11:09 AM.
pinktraceb is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List