Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 16 Nov 16, 08:24 PM  
Link to this Post
karalma
Imagineer

From the Beach to the Wilderness Halloween 16 Day 9 A Stroll Around the Springs before MK at Night

We started the day with another relax around the pool. We had nothing planned for the daytime which felt like quite a treat so we decided on a late lunch, trip to the cinema and a browse at Disney Springs before our night at MK.

We left mid afternoon and of course we were sat waiting for Alix and Matt. Perkins was the eatery of choice and we all enjoyed chicken strip melt (Darren and Matt), chicken strip dinner (Alix) and chicken pot pie (me). While we were waiting we realised that we were likely going to miss the start of the film and when Matt looked at the reviews they were not good so we decided to change the cinema for a trip to Funspot and Old Town, only problem was that we hadn't brought the $25 cards we had received from ATD so we popped back for them.

We had never seen Old Town so busy and struggled to find anywhere to park. Some places were even charging, when we had always parked for free before. We thought there wouldn't be much chance of getting on much if it was so busy so Disney Springs it was. We later realised that there was a Halloween weekend event on and this was probably the reason it was so busy.

Disney Springs was also busy but manageable and a lovely stroll in beautiful weather, listening to various music. I bought a Cinderella Castle wind spinner and Alix bought a Mickey bottle stopper.

We arrived at MK around 7.00 and caught the monorail to the park.

We admired Main Street in its Halloween glory and had the obligatory PP pic taken.

Did I say that AK or Epcot was the most beautiful park? Maybe MK is.

We enjoyed Buzz which we hadn't rode for a few years and Darren thrashed us all with over 300,000 points.

The people mover was busy so we gave it a miss and headed for our next FP. Darren, Alix and Matt rode Space mountain while I wandered across to Peter Pan. Usually I just sit and wait for them but I thought I may as well try Peter Pan as I had never done this before. I enjoyed it

and enjoyed having a stroll afterwards as it was very warm and lovely to just soak up the atmosphere.

I was to meet the others at 9.00 at 7 Dwarves Mine Train but I was early and Alix and Matt appeared without their dad as they had been arguing so he had walked off and left them to it. He arrived shortly after but didn't fancy riding so the 3 of us went on. It was a few minutes before 9 but the FP queue was fairly long so we joined it and were allowed on despite it not being quite time. The standby queue was 90 minutes but we hit lucky as we got close to the front a call went out for a party of 3 so we were on and off within 9 minutes. I think I enjoyed this more, this year, because BTM was closed.

I could easily have stayed in the park until closing at midnight but the others had had enough so we strolled back to the entrance and caught the ferry boat back to the transportation centre.

We watched Wishes from the dock, which was a great finish to a great day.

On the way back we picked up a Burger King for the boys.

Edited at 01:19 PM.
karalma is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Nov 16, 08:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

Looks so lovely at night! Pretty lights!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 01:21 AM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Lovely photo of you all in front of the castle x
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List