Old 18 Nov 16, 04:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Our Orlando Vacation - Day 2 Magic Kingdom, BOG & Longhorn

Index

Previous Day

Day 2 – Saturday 29th October

Today we were up at 7:00am and I was buzzzzing albeit with a little bit of a sore head and feeling tired I think by the time we got back to the villa and finally got in to bed it was almost 2:30am, but it was our first Disney day of the trip and we were going to Magic Kingdom! IOA & US are probably my favourite theme parks, but I just love seeing the castle for the first time, I am in my element and feel like a kid again.

We had an ADR at BOG at 1:30pm, so we decided to have a light breakfast in the villa, there was a mixture of bagels, fruit and cereal.

Much to my annoyance it was this point that I realised I left my Disney ears at home , I could picture exactly where they were in my room! Anyway, we left the villa at 8:20am and headed for Disney, I always get butterflies when we drive through this sign:

By the time parked the car, got on the tram, monorail and through security/ bag check it was now 9am and the park was pretty busy.

The picture doesn't do it justice, it was much busier than that.

We went over to the little gift shop so both me and my cousin could pick up a pair of Minnie Mouse ears, we preferred the sequined sparkly ones, and they cost $25.

We also couldn’t resist trying some on the baby…

Upon entering the park our first stop was Adventureland, we had a fast pass for Pirates of the Caribbean, so we headed down Main Street.

As we approached Casey’s Corner there was a meet and greet nearby for Mary Poppins and my niece and nephew wanted to meet her, as we waited nearby and had perfect picture opportunities too:

Our first character meet and greet done it was time for some rides, my nephew is a huge Pirate of the Caribbean fine so we went straight there and used our fast passes. Despite the park being really busy this was actually empty and had a 5 minute wait, my mum still booked us fast passes because my nephew wanted to do it with her.

So on the few occasions where the group did stay together, this is what the queue looked like:

There were still more of us hiding at the front of this picture.

Next we went over to Splash Mountain, I am glad we had fast passes for this because the queue was already at 50 minutes. I came off of here soaked, for some reason whenever I go on a water ride and I’m in the same boat/ ring as my dad I always get drenched!

Some of the group went on to buy Mickey Mouse ice cream sandwiches, however me and mum had other ideas we wanted to get Dole Whip floats… So off to Aloha Isle we went...

Every Orlando holiday, me and my siblings joke about the fact my mum and dad always have an argument over something silly, normally dad will do something, get lost driving from the airport, take a wrong turn or do something silly to wind mum up and normally mum will be stroppy with him for a few hours. On this occasion it was my dad that did the stropping, he bought 4 dole whips instead of 5 meaning mum didn’t have one, when she asked him where hers was he offered her his, she said she was ok and would share some of everyone else’s. But nope, dad got in a mood refused to eat his and when mum didn’t take it off him, he put it over the floor and it spilt all over his hand and then he walked off.

We figure he would have gone and found the rest of the group, so we merrily sat there eating our Dole Whips waiting for him to calm down.

Once we had finished we started making our way back toward Splash Mountain to meet everyone else, we found them but surprise surprise dad was nowhere to be seen.

Cue the next hour spent looking for dad, we walked back to the entrance of the park, we walked to Main Street Ice Cream Parlour (his favourite place in MK) we all attempted to call him. After about 45 minutes I suggested that we go to Small World, I knew he would have calmed down by now and would have started looking for us and this is where we had planned to go next.

Nope, they ignored me and we pottered about for the next 10 minutes before we started walking towards Liberty Square. As we reached Sleepy Hollow my phone was ringing but I was too late to answer, I had a missed call from dad. He then got through to my brother.

Guess what happened next….

Yup. Dad was looking for us, he was stood by Small World .

I think it’s safe to say I know my dad well . When we met him he told us that he had walked off in a mood but he went to go and wash his hands, they were sticky from the Dole Whip.

After this we thought it was time to ride it’s A Small World, Kevin had never been off before so it’s only fair... Safe to say he “loved” it

It was now just past 1:15pm, so we decided to walk round to Be Our Guest and join the queue for our reservation. I was beginning to get hangry!

How beautiful is the doorway:

Lunch time at BOG is considered counter service and is available as QS if you’re on the dining plan, so we went to the kiosks and placed our food orders, once we had done this we were told to go and find ourselves a table in any of the available dining rooms.

The theming and detail they have put in to each room is incredible, Beauty and the Beast was and still is my all-time favourite princess movie. So I was beyond excited to be here, it really is a beautiful restaurant and even though I was a little disappointed with our experience I would still like to come here for an evening meal only if I was on the DDP though.

Anyway, we made our way through the 3 dining rooms. West Wing was quite small and we couldn’t see any available tables, let alone tables where we would be sat together or even near to each other (downside to such a big group). The ballroom was super busy, so we walked straight through to the Rose gallery; luckily we did spot a few empty tables that were near each other so we grabbed those.

The tables still had dirty plates and cups all over them, so I asked a member of staff if they could be cleared she said she would grab someone. We waited for 5 minutes and no one came, so I asked another person and same thing happened. After asking 4 people and waiting close to 15 minutes I eventually gave up, my mum managed to grab a member of staff who was clearing another empty table if she could clear ours too….

She came over with a face like thunder, she was so rude and literally threw all the dirty plates and cups in too her trolley. As she picked up one of the plates a full pot of ketchup dropped on my nephew’s trainer, she bent down and picked it up but didn’t apologise, when we left and saw it in the sun we realised she had actually stained the fabric of the shoe.

Not long later our food came out, most of us ordered the turkey sandwich:

And of course if you are a Beauty and the Beast fan you cannot come to BOG and not order the “Grey Stuff”, so the masters cupcake was for me .

I loved it, thought it was amazing and tasted like Oreos :P. So yeah, we really enjoyed our food but we wouldn’t be in a rush to eat at BOG again for QS. We did speak to guest services and complain about the member of staff, because of the fact she didn’t even acknowledge the fact or apologise for dropping stuff down my nephew.

When we left BOG, Magic Kingdom was rammed! There were people everywhere, it was a Saturday so to be expected, we made a group decision to leave for the day and go back to the villa and come back later on in the holiday to do the things we hadn’t yet done.

On the way back to the villa we stopped at Walmart to grab some bits for the villa and of course stock up on American goodies

Who honestly needs that much cereal?

FYI, the “ice cream” was not nice. It tastes like watery, peanut flavoured ice, I had seen it through fitness pages on Instagram and they vary from 150-300 calories per pint. So I decided I needed it in my life, so I could have some guilt free holiday indulgence, but sadly no. This bad boy stayed in the freezer for the rest of the trip and wasn’t touched again.

Also I used to live with a Canadian girl in Australia, we were working on a camp together and right outside of our apartment was where we did campfire cooking. Our parents often used to send us parcels from home, just little bits that helped us if we were even feeling homesick. Well, her awesome dad sent her a HUGE parcel once, containing the biggest bag of giant marshmallows I have ever seen, along with a big supply of graham crackers and chocolate it was a surprise for her, but when she received it and called him to thank him he told her it cost $62 to send it. LOL No surprise Canada – Australia is a long journey and it was a big parcel…

Anyway, she got me hooked on S’mores so of course being back in America I had to buy the stuff to make S’mores, Yummmyyy.

So after a rather relaxed afternoon, eating S’mores drinking wine and using the hot tub we decided to get ready for the evening and go for a meal out.

We drove down the 192 and headed to Longhorn, we assumed our chances of getting a table would be slim. 1. Because it’s one of our favourite places to eat and there were so many of us and 2. Because it was Saturday night and we thought it would be busy. We were pleasantly surprised though, when we arrived they told us they could seat us in 15 minutes if we were happy to be split on two tables.

It was quite a warm evening so we sat outside waiting.

For food me and Kevin both chose from the specials menu, it was $20.99 for a steak and ribs combo, I also had a coupon for a free appetizer, so we started with the Texas Tonion.

We left the restaurant at around 10:15pm feeling nice and full, but we were definitely all ready for bed. So we called it a night and headed back to the villa to get some sleep ready for the next day.

Next Day: Day 3

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report

Edited at 03:01 PM.
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 09:46 AM  
Link to this Post
Loopylooloo
VIP Dibber

The bit about your mum and dad bickering over the dole whip made me chuckle, that would be us too!
Some great photos, shame about the rudeness in BOG, but it does all look fantastic anyway!

Our trip reports -
1st trip to Florida - April 2014 - 'Are we nearly Bankrupt yet?!'
The Kuna Mahuna Croatia Holiday 2016
Bankrupt again Florida 2017
New York & RCL Anthem of Seas 2018
https://dibb.in/13476718
And now it’s time for Wine Wine Wine! Rome + Celebrity Cruise May 2022
https://dibb.in/15427816
Loopylooloo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 10:50 AM  
Link to this Post
floridasarah
VIP Dibber

floridasarah's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Another lovely fullpacked day. I also laughed at your mum and dad reminds me of my DH getting stroppy in Seaworld a few years ago. I would need that cereal in my life I am afraid and as we have extra weight coming home at Easter I might get some
floridasarah is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 16, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

The Turkey sandwich in BOG looks really good, shame about the rude lady. Another great day
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Loopylooloo View Post
The bit about your mum and dad bickering over the dole whip made me chuckle, that would be us too!
Some great photos, shame about the rudeness in BOG, but it does all look fantastic anyway!
It was quite funny, trust him to choose the busiest day to go off in a strop!

Originally Posted by floridasarah View Post
Another lovely fullpacked day. I also laughed at your mum and dad reminds me of my DH getting stroppy in Seaworld a few years ago. I would need that cereal in my life I am afraid and as we have extra weight coming home at Easter I might get some
I don't think it's a true family holiday if someone doesn't get stroppy in a theme park! . Haha, tbh me and my mum said if we had the luggage space we would have taken it home too...

Originally Posted by EJSakaAnna View Post
The Turkey sandwich in BOG looks really good, shame about the rude lady. Another great day
The sandwich was really good, I couldn't fault the food! Thank you for reading

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 06:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Lisa_Lollipop
Imagineer

Oh I love an MK day! The ears look fab (you can't even tell from the photos that they are causing you no end of pain... your smile covers that perfectly! )

The food at BOG looked great, I am so desperate to get here at some point... very disappointing service though, glad you made a point of telling guest services!

Ooo loving the s'mores! I spent the summer working at a camp in NY back in my younger days and we used to make them around the campfire... happy memories and so delicious!

Such a fab day, love seeing photos of you all together... brilliant being there as such a big group!
Lisa_Lollipop is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 11:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Redrach1903
Disney Dreaming :)

Redrach1903's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
Mobile

Another lovely day!

Totally lol'd at the dole whip drama!

Such a shame about the CM at BoG! Have to admit the QS option seems quite chaotic!

Hmmm s'mores!
Xx
Redrach1903 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 Nov 16, 10:29 AM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Lisa_Lollipop View Post
Oh I love an MK day! The ears look fab (you can't even tell from the photos that they are causing you no end of pain... your smile covers that perfectly! )

The food at BOG looked great, I am so desperate to get here at some point... very disappointing service though, glad you made a point of telling guest services!

Ooo loving the s'mores! I spent the summer working at a camp in NY back in my younger days and we used to make them around the campfire... happy memories and so delicious!

Such a fab day, love seeing photos of you all together... brilliant being there as such a big group!
They are really nice, just a bit tight if you wear them for too long!

The food was really good and I would definitely recommend going at least once if you can squeeze it in!

Oh wow, was that like Camp America? Must have been so much fun!

Thanks for reading !

Originally Posted by Redrach1903 View Post
Another lovely day!

Totally lol'd at the dole whip drama!

Such a shame about the CM at BoG! Have to admit the QS option seems quite chaotic!

Hmmm s'mores!
Xx
Omg it was so funny to see him go off in a strop

It was quite chaotic, not sure I would be in a rush to do that one again, glad I have done it though!

Thanks for reading xx

Orlando 16 - Food Report