Notices
Disneyland California and West Coast Trip Reports Trip Reports

Old 20 Nov 16, 12:08 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Halloween, Haunted Mansion Holiday and Happy Birthday! - days 1+2, travel days

Pre-trip report

I woke up at 6 am, feeling a tad panicked. Not excited, panicked. Standard for travel days *sigh*

I got ready pretty quickly and did all the annoying pre-holiday jobs like putting the bin and recycling out, unplugging all the electrics and an extra one for good measure - I felt the need to put the hoover round.

We all got ready and I had a good cry while hugging Alice. This trip should be interesting haha! On the way to work, I dropped another bag of Alice's crap off my to mum's (sorry mum!). Alice asked to listen to Funiculi Funicula because it's her new favourite song, so we listened to the Disneyland soundtrack on Disneylife

I did online check in on my phone on the way. Things like online check in freak me out a bit, in case I do it wrong, but wanted to make sure we got seats together. Singing along to Sofia the First helped me not panic too much

While in work, I asked my team mates what things I absolutely had to have to travel with and when we got to money, I said "it's fine, I'm not taking cash, I'm taking..." and pulled this face :o I realised that I didn't have my travel card in my purse. I'd switched out my giant purse the night before and included a bunch of stuff and not the travel card. The travel card that had about £430 on :o so we'd have to go back home first and go collect it. Grahhhhh.

I'd planned to finish work at 1, but didn't end up leaving until 1.25 pm. We called to Tesco on the way to grab some sammiches for the journey to Heathrow and to do the sensible grown up things like putting petrol in the car and checking the tyre pressure, before heading back home. Boooo. It's only 30-40 minutes, but I'd gone into work for the day as it's next to the m4. So we had to go back on ourselves. Boooooo.

I bought the tsum with the idea of taking it around the parks and taking photos of it in fun locations...

By the time I stopped at the post office to send some parcels and pick up some dollars (after swinging by the house) it was 3pm by the time we left. But we listened to Date Nite at Disneyland on the way, which made things much better our ETA at the hotel was about 5.30 pm, but we figured it would be much later than that with the stupid variable speed limit on the M4 which delayed a different journey earlier in the week, by an hour.

Happy faces

When we got to Monmouth, the sat nav took us a way we wouldn't normally go. Instantly, it added 20 minutes onto our journey. Thanks for that, satnav jerk! I think it may have worked out for the best though, as we bypassed the bulk of the bad spots between Newport and the Severn bridge. It took us over the old bridge, which was nice as it had been years since I'd crossed there.

We were pretty lucky and didn't have too much traffic all the way and we arrived at the T5 Hilton at 6.15 pm. We could park and leave the car there for the duration of our trip. We dragged the cases to the hotel and as a plane went overhead, I realised we were directly underneath the flight path It was incredibly loud.

As we walked into the foyer, I felt a bit shocked at how swanky it was. We checked in and headed up to our room. I put our cases to one side and took some photos of the room before doing anything else. Once a dibber...

Concerned lift is concerned

I'd googled to see what restaurants were nearby a few days ago and saw there was a Toby Carvery. Result! You can't go wrong with a plate of roasties We headed straight out to get some dinner. It was only 10 minutes from the hotel and even though it was busy, we didn't have to wait long at the carvery. We both had the lentil shepherds pie, loads of roasties and a pile of veg. Yum

There was one of the cool Pepsi machines where you can mix the flavours, so I got us both Pepsi max with cherry. I thought it would taste the same as cherry Pepsi max, but it was disgusting. It tasted like someone had dumped a bottle of perfume into some Pepsi. Bleurch. We didn't spend too long eating, paid up and headed back to the hotel.

Prettiest red leaves in the headlights

We managed to park in the same space we had when we arrived and asked the concierge about the Heathrow Hoppa bus on the way in. The bus went from directly outside the front of reception and the earliest bus was at 5.13 am. Urghhh. He said it would take at least 40 minutes to get to terminal 2, as we'd need to get a bus to terminal 5 and then the Heathrow express to terminal 2. As boarding started at 8.15, we wanted to be at the terminal for 6-6.15. So better be the 5.13 am bus *cries*

When we got back up to the room, we made tea, both had showers and watched a bit of telly. We were both really impressed you can hear the tv in the bathroom through some hidden speakers. There was also a dial on the wall to control the volume We were in bed by 9 and G went off to sleep, while I did some Facebooking and writing up of my notes.

I always feel so fancy with my name on the tv

I didn't sleep very well, waking up about 3 times in the night. We couldn't hear the planes at all, but a combination of a bed too hard for my liking and travel nerves kept me awake. When our alarms went off at 4.30, I wanted to cry. But I jumped out of bed like a loon and shouted "DISNEYLAND!" We quickly got ready, did a quick shufty of toiletries bags from hand luggage to cases and headed out to the front of the hotel.

My happy smiley face and G's blobby Mickey head

We didn't have to wait too long for the bus and because we were still half asleep, we didn't really feel the cold. The bus took about 5 minutes to get to Terminal 5, then we got off, walked to the Heathrow Express and got the train to Terminal 2. A quick journey later, we started the long walk from the train to terminal 2. As we'd already checked in, we dropped out bags off and headed through security. For the first time ever, we both went through the scanners with no trouble! Hurrah! After that, we nipped to the loo and had a quick look in Cath Kidston. They didn't have any of the Disney range, so didn't stay in there long. We stopped at Eat for a sit down and some food, where G had the traditional breakfast dish of gyoza and chilli haha. I grabbed a sandwich and crisps and a coffee drink.

When we sat down, my mum sent me a message on Facebook saying to have a lovely time and not to worry about Alice, that she'd be fine. I had managed to not think about her up until that point and then I started crying. Oh dear. I felt too sad to eat then. Which doesn't happen very often haha. I think once we'd left the country, that would be the 2nd hardest bit over and done with (the hardest was dropping Alice off at nursery and saying goodbye. I blubbed like an idiot and made the nursery manager cry too haha. Alice knew her Amma and Tampa would be picking her up, but didn't quite understand that we wouldn't be seeing her again for almost a week )

I'd been waiting for an announcement that tickets to see one of my favourite drag queens were on sale (Kim Chi, for anyone wondering!). As I was scrolling through Facebook, I saw an announcement that the tickets had gone on sale early. So I quickly booked myself a ticket, meet and greet and polaroid. Priorities haha. Drag tickets, THEN eat! I decided I did want my sandwich after all so ate that and had a wander around the shops.

Yaaaaaaaaaas!

We went to Boots and bought a toothbrush (I'd picked up G's and not actually packed it!) and some baby wipes as I'd forgotten my make up remover. Time passed quicker than I expected, and it was soon 8:05, when our boarding information for the first flight to Zurich would be available. I though this was a little bit late, as we were due to board at 8.15. We didn't get called until 8.25 and we had to wait in the peasant queue, while they boarded business and economy. It was already 8.40 by the time we started boarding, so we were obviously delayed.

We found our seats and sat down quickly. It always amazes me how much fuss people make about putting their stuff in the overheard bins. There were announcements every few minutes saying overhead space was limited and to put bags under the seat in front, not to stand and block the aisle. So what did a hell of a lot of people do? Stand and block the aisle, huffing about there not being enough overhead space. Eventually, everyone was seated and they did the safety announcement, which was a hilariously dated animation. Complete with creepy man who kept winking at us.

I love watching the hustle and bustle

The captain then announced that due to some heavy fog there had been a small delay and that we'd be leaving in about half an hour. It was 9.10 by this point, so was starting to get a bit nervy. The flight was scheduled to take 1hr 15, so if everything went to plan, we'd be leaving at 9.30ish and landing at about 11.45 local time. Our connecting flight to LAX was at 12.15, so I saw some Home Alone style airport running in our future *cries*

We started to reverse from the gate at 9.19 am and by 9.35 we still hadn't taken off. What was a comfortable 1hr 30 between flights, was now a scary 20-30 minutes. I was getting very stressed an anxious as we waited. I knew it wouldn't be the end of the world if we missed our flight, but I didn't want to be late as I had stuff planned for our first evening. Also, the latest we could get our coach out to our hotel was 7 pm and we were due to land some time after 4 pm local time. So too many flights later and we'd need to take a taxi to our hotel :/ Not ideal when we'd already paid for the coach. It wasn't mega bucks, but it wasn't cheap either

By 9.45 I started to cry a little bit as it was looking like we were definitely going to miss our flight. We took off at 9.49 am, meaning there was absolutely no way we'd catch our flight. We'd missed it. I couldn't contain my blubbing anymore and I full on sobbed, tears running down my face. G told me to calm down, it would be ok and that we'd be sorted out and compensated if needs be. All I could think about was missing things I'd planned, like being on a flight the next day and missing our Walk in Walt's Footsteps tour, or our breakfast at the Plaza Inn. It's not easy to not be upset when a trip you've been planning for 14 months and dreaming of for most of your life, starts to go wrong. I eventually stopped blubbing and waited for a flight attendant to come so we could ask about our connection. As soon as one did, we asked and she said we wouldn't find out until 10 minutes before landing. Oh joy. An hour or so of stress, waiting

Once I'd calmed down a bit, I read to take my mind of off it. I was a third of the way through The Poison Artist and was really enjoying it. I didn't expect any drink service on such a short flight, but the cabin crew came around with croissants, Swiss chocolates and various drinks. I had a Coke Zero and took a croissant for G. I couldn't eat it or the chocolate, so he had extras

Tiny plane tvs, like the olden days!

We began our descent at 10:40, with a landing time of 12 noon local time. A few minutes later, the connection information popped up on the screens. We couldn't see our flight on there. So we had a look at our print outs and it had a flight time of 1.15 local time. Our boarding passes said 12.15. Stupid bloomin' Swiss had put the GMT time on our boarding passes. Of course I'm going to trust what the boarding passes say! I hadn't bothered double checking the time of the ZUR - LAX flight as it was on the boarding pass! Grahhhhhh. I was so annoyed. All that stress and upset was for nothing. Relieved, yes, but annoyed all the same. When the connections information came back on the screen, we checked our flight number and it was showing as a 1.30 departure. Even more wiggle room *sigh* the airport diagram showed our gate was the other side of the airport. We should have plenty of time to make it, but the guidance said to head straight to the gate. I wasn't going to argue with that!

When we got off, we nipped to the loo first as I really needed to go after that Coke Zero! The toilets were a million times fancier than any other airport loo I've been too - there was a big, black shiny door that slid open as I walked towards it. The toilets were all frosted glass cubicles and Close To Me by The Cure was playing over the speakers, so I did a little toilet dance as I was much happier at this point. We followed the signs to terminal E and had to go on a cool little underground train, which was fun. See how everything suddenly is more enjoyable?! Haha By this point I was laughing at my own ridiculousness.

I forgot we'd have to go through security again! When the guy asked if I had any liquids, I said no and then suddenly remembered "yes!" My Rebel Kitchen coffee was in my bag and I hadn't drunk it yet. He told me I couldn't take it with me, so I quickly necked it. It was really nice, so it was a shame I didn't get chance to enjoy it. I definitely had to buy some more when I got home! Second successful security check and we could go to our gate. As we walked by the little shops and stands, we saw the cutest stuff to buy! I didn't bother looking properly as I knew it'd be expensive. There were adorable dresses, bunads, lederhosen and cuckoo clocks. So cute!

Edited at 12:17 AM.
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 12:29 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Continued

We had a little sit down near our gate and connected to wifi to send some messages. I took a few pictures of the lovely scenery around the airport with my new camera. I got close to the window as there was double glass that was causing a reflection. I could see some pretty buildings in the distance, so used the 30x zoom to try and get a picture. I forgot how far the lens came out on zoom and had to quickly take a step back! My favourite part of the airport though is that ‘airport’ is flughafen. So satisfying to say! Weirdest thing I spotted there was a smoking lounge, sponsored by Camel cigarettes. It was a small glass box, packed full of people. Inside! Near the gates!

We boarded the plane and had to walk through business class to get to our seats. It was amazing! I was so impressed at how fancy it was - I've never actually been in business class before. An air steward came around with champagne and I joked to G that we'd probably be sat on a pile of hay at the back of the plane. In fairness, economy was very nice too. We had back of row seats! Guilt free reclining! Yay! I also had the window seat Score! We had blankets, pillows and headphones on our seats. As soon as we sat down, we both put Finding Dory on. Best plane ever! We started moving at 1.39, so only a teeny tiny bit later than scheduled. I gave no cares by this point, I was going to get there and not miss anything! Hurrah!

We didn't actually take off until 2.06 but I was happy watching Finding Dory and munching the Hotel Chocolat Halloween chocolate I'd bought us as a "we're going to be on a 12 hour flight" treat a few weeks back.

As we took off over Zurich, I enjoyed looking out of the window - it was so beautiful! So many fields, forests and pretty little villages

The only picture I took of my Donald tsum on the whole trip. Ooops!

Dinner was served just as Finding Dory finished I watched Alice Through the Looking Glass next, as I'd missed it in the cinema. G watched X-Men: Apocalypse.

When the steward came to ask me which dinner option I wanted (chicken or vegetable gnocchi) I said I'd booked a vegan meal. He looked surprised and said he'd go check. Uh oh. He came back and checked I'd definitely made the request. I said yes, that'd I'd booked back in December and was pretty sure. He said he'd come back and see what he could do. I checked over all of our print outs and couldn't see anything mentioning vegan. I'm sure I'd have booked it, because food is always on my mind haha.

My sad dinner of crackers and pop

G's gnocchi looked and smelled really nice. And the buggar sat there telling me how nice it was and how it was the nicest plane food he'd ever had, while I sat there hungry i was very polite and managed to just shush him haha. I had some cereal bars and hula hoops in my bag in case of emergencies, but they were hardly enough for an 12 hour flight :/

At about half 4, I decided to make myself cosy and if I fell asleep, I fell asleep. It was still early, but I wanted to get a few hours of sleep before we got there if possible, so I wouldn't be dying from the time difference. I left Alice running, but I really wasn't feeling it. It was a very pretty film but kinda lacklustre.

I eventually dozed off, although I stirred a few times. I woke up at 5.20 because I was hungry. I scarfed a Trek bar and some hula hoops and tried to get comfy and back to sleep. I couldn't get comfortable, so put The Big Bang Theory on. Then the person in front of me fully reclined their chair, putting it up against my knees and the tv really close to my face. I'm not a fan of fully reclining, but I did the same so that I had a bit more space. As I was almost horizontal, I decided to try and sleep again.

After an episode of TBBT and being incredibly uncomfortable, I wasn't going to get to sleep. So I looked though the films and put Bad Neighbours 2 on. The first was really crappy but entertaining. It was just alright and helped pass the time. By the time it finished, we still had 6 hours of our flight yet. Urgghhh. It always seems like a good idea going on these long flights, until you're on them.

Figuring I wouldn't get any more sleep this flight, I had a look what else was on the in flight entertainment. The Night Manager was on there, which I was really excited about. I'd wanted to watch it when it was on, but we kept forgetting to record it and watch it on catchup. I really enjoyed the first episode, so decided to watch the next. But first I had a look at the flight map. I had no idea where we were flying over! I made a note to google where it was when we landed. I decided to have a nose at the games before watching the next episode. There was a Mickey game that looked cute, so of course I had to play that. But it was far too challenging for my poor tired brain, as I'd been up for 15 hours by that point and was hungry and my tummy was all bloaty from the plane. (Am I the only one whose tummy swells up?) I gave up and went back to watching The Night Manager.

After the second episode (it's SO good!) I tried to sleep again. Just after I shut my eyes, I heard the stewards coming around with food. I peeked with an beady eye to see if there was anything I could eat, but it was a choice of turkey or cheese baguettes. Rubbish. I tried to go back to sleep again, but was just aware of me lying there, not sleeping. I knew I'd sleep well that night! So on with a third episode. By this point, G hadn't slept and as well as Finding Dory, he'd seen Warcraft (apparently rubbish, but he didn't turn it off!), Central Intelligence (only "not that bad" in comparison to Warcraft, but I think he secretly really enjoyed it!) and Independence Day: Resurgence.

With 2 hrs 20 to go, I opened the shutter and had a look out. Everything was brown and it didn't look like there was much in the way of civilisation, just the odd river and lake. We passed over some mountain ranges too which looked so cool from high up. The map said we were flying over Canada, just past Calgary. A third (!) meal service came around, which was a red pepper calzone and a little cookie. It looked and smelled so nice and I was so hungry by this point Apart from the sandwich at 7 am, it had been about 24 hours without a proper meal at this point. I couldn't wait to go foraging for food when we landed.

When the final drinks service came around about an hour and a half before landing, a stewards offered me a little plate with a gluten free chocolate muffin and a tangerine. I doubted the muffin would be vegan, but gratefully took it anyway. It contained egg So put it in my bag for G and munched the tangerine.

The scenery on the approach to California was beautiful. Mountains, desert and he most beautiful red and stripy rock. I got excited thinking I could see the Grand Canyon so took a photo. Then as we carried on, I realised there were a lot of canyons and mountains and that it probably wasn't at all haha.

What on earth is this?

The captain announced we'd soon be flying over Las Vegas and that we'd be arriving in LA in about 40 minutes. Yay! G was having a snooze at this point, so I couldn't excitedly point out the window every 2 minutes

We began our descent at 4.05 local time. I excitedly peered out of the window in case we went past Anaheim and could see Disneyland it was now gone midnight at home and we'd been up for 20 hours. Blarg. Even though I was exhausted, I was super excited. The rest of my plans for the day would take us up to about 10-11 pm local time, so would be well over 24 hours awake :| But I figured we'd well and truly force ourselves into the time zone. And with any luck we'd sleep most of the way home and kind of sort of get back to normal.

Flying over LA was so cool, there was so much to look at. Cute winding neighbourhoods, giant houses in the hills, lots of little shimmering turquoise swimming pools, palm trees, baseball pitches and I even could make out a football game as we flew over a football pitch It was all so American - you don't see stuff like that as you fly into Orlando. Just swampland and housing.

We had the quickest customs trip ever, we were directed straight to a self service terminal, then straight to a travel officer person and then to the baggage collection. We had a little bit of a wait before our luggage came, so I ran to the loo while we waited. I at that moment remembered American toilets. Stupid American toilets with your massive bowls, tiny doors and massive gaps at the hinges! Whyyyyyy!?

Once our baggage arrived, we headed to the exit. G popped into 7-eleven for a bottle of pop. Our Disney bus was due at 6 and we arrived outside at 5.25. It was nice just sitting watching all the buses and cars going by. I was so excited when the Disney bus pulled up at 6.07. I wanted to take a photo, but wanted to get on the bus more! We were the only ones on it Private bus! Well, until it pulled into another stop and another British family got on. We had to get off at the Howard Johnson, as that was the nearest stop to our hotel. Google maps said it would be an 11 minute walk to our hotel from the Ho-Jo.

Smiley faces on the stairs

The driver put a DVD on just before we took off. Being on a Disney resort bus, I thought it'd be a Disney film. Nope! Little Rascals. Which I've never actually properly seen! It was cute and funny, although totally cringey hearing stuff said by the kids.

When we arrived at the Howard Johnson, the bus driver told us which way to walk to our hotel. It was really easy to find and didn't take long at all. When we checked in, the girl behind the desk was really friendly, chatty and sweet. She got my parcels for me and because I mentioned it was my birthday (she didn't need to know in 2 months!) she gave us a voucher for two free cocktails. Woop! We took our keys and got the lift to the 3rd floor, where our room was. I was a little surprised that all the rooms were outside, motel style. The room was basic, but we weren't going to spend much time in it. (I didn't take any photos as we spread stuff everywhere and the room was a little dingey. I've pinched some from their website, but it didn't look anywhere near as nice as this.)

We quickly unpacked our cases, I opened my parcels and we both had a quick shower and change. In my parcels were some lovely jewellery from Le Petit Mouse, some Jamberry nail wraps, a Hocus Pocus jumper from Whosits and Whatsits and our Disneyland tickets and booking information.

We decided to take a quick wander to Downtown Disney, to one: time how long it took to walk there, for tomorrow's early start and two: to buy some of my shopping essentials, to avoid lugging shopping around everywhere.

As we head off, G said "what time did we leave?". Oops. Forgot to check. But it was pretty quick - no more than 10-15 minutes. When we arrived, it was so hard to walk past the gates of Disneyland and California Adventure. I started to get the teensiest bit emotional, but managed to snap out of it and scurry to Downtown Disney. We had to go through bag check, but as I only had my phone and card in there, we were through pretty quickly.

We went straight to World of Disney and had a look around. It was packed in there and I found it quite stressful. There were kids everywhere! You notice how many of the little buggars there are more, when you're child free I think!

I headed straight to the pins and bought myself a 2016 Disneyland pin with Oswald on, to add to my pin board at home Next I went to the jewellery section to buy myself a Pandora bracelet. Eek! My mum had given me some money for my birthday, which had paid for the bracelet and most of one charm. I'd not normally wear such pretty jewellery, but my mum wanted to buy me something nice. So thought it would be nice to get one and add a charm on each Disney trip, to remember it by I bought the bracelet with the sparkly Mickey heads on (the most expensive one, I think! Haha!) a castle charm and Mickey's funwheel charm, to mark my first ever visit here. There were a few more things I wanted, but couldn't be bothered with all the crowds as I was so tired and hungry. I saw the mug section, so took a quick detour there before going to the till, so I could get my Chip mug I'd wanted one in WDW, but never managed to pick one up.

The queue took forever as we had to go to a specific counter where the jewellery was kept. It was also the counter for embroidery and the Precious Moments dolls being sold, so everything being purchased took a long time to handle.

Once we headed out of the shop, we looked for somewhere we might find the Disney Vans. Pretty much all of G's shoes were falling apart so I said I could either order him some before we went or look there. He said he'd look there, so he wore his oldest and scruffiest shoes, so he could dump them once we found new ones. Well, we didn't find new ones Harrrumph. We'd just have to keep our eyes peeled for the rest of the trip! We then had a quick wander to find a quick snack. We saw some food trucks, so walked there and bought two sides of fries, a veggie burger and a Diet Coke. After we paid, someone came up to say that there weren't any veggie burgers left. Poor G! He gave us a refund and we both just munched on our fries as we headed back to our hotel. As we were at the food truck, the Disneyland fireworks started. We definitely weren't going to be watching them from the pool haha.

We walked past an acapella group performing on a stage, dressed as ghosts and singing spooky songs. We stopped for about 2 minutes until I said "come on, let's go to bed" and we carried on walking. When we got back to the bag check area, there was a huge queue. As the exit for Downtown Disney is right by the theme park entrances, they were doing full security checks. So we had to have our bags checked again and go through metal detectors. The lines moved pretty quickly though and we started the walk back to the hotel. I could feel my ankles and feet were all swollen by this point. Yuck!

As we walked by the Disneyland gates, I saw the souvenir stand out of the corner of my eye and remembered I'd forgotten to buy an autograph book. So scurried over, to make sure I’d have one ready for breakfast at the Plaza Inn the next morning. In WDW, I'd seen some really fun autograph books with picture slots in too. One was a pretty big princess one, with lined pages for information like your favourite princess and where you lived and how old you were. I really wanted one, but they didn't have any There were plain page Disneyland books, a fancy Diamond Celebration photobook (which was lovely, but I didn't want to buy it because the celebration had ended), a lovely Disneyland 2016 photobook and a princess photobook. I preferred the Disneyland book, but it only had room for 15 autographs and pictures. The princess books had room for 25, so bought that one, figuring I'd probably end up buying another one as well. As I was paying for it, G said "pens!". I'd forgotten to pick one up, so he passed me a pack of cute Mickey pens. I also asked the lady for a Disneyland Mickey ears hat as it's a total necessity! It came to $46 in total. I thought that was a little pricey, but couldn't remember how much the hats were.

As we walked back, I said something about the pens and G said "the packs of pens were cheaper than the single pens!". I asked how much they were and he said he didn't actually know :| I looked and it was $15! I could have just pinched a hotel pen! Oh well, at least they were cute

When we got back to the room, G threw his clothes off and crawled into bed. He was asleep almost instantly. I pottered about for a bit, sorting my shopping and getting ready for bed. When I got in, he was already fast asleep I took some notes on my phone for a bit and chatted to my mum on Facebook as I could see she was awake (it was 6.40 am at home). My eyes got really heavy, really fast and I was asleep by 11.

Tomorrow - Disneyland! Eeeeeee!
nanasamboy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 01:47 AM  
Link to this Post
pinkstargirl
Very Serious Dibber

Mobile

What a stressful travel morning! I'm glad you got there in the end, and you did well to stay up so late!

I don't know why, but Cath Kidston at T3 had all the Disney stuff for about a week then it was all gone again! Really weird!

Looking forward to reading more!
pinkstargirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 02:31 AM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by pinkstargirl View Post
What a stressful travel morning! I'm glad you got there in the end, and you did well to stay up so late!

I don't know why, but Cath Kidston at T3 had all the Disney stuff for about a week then it was all gone again! Really weird!

Looking forward to reading more!
It was awful! But thankfully it wasn't awful for too long I'm not sure how I stayed alive! (Especially considering I only managed about 4 hours sleep when I got into bed... eurgh!)

I expect it all sold out and they just didn't bother restocking. Luckily I bought everything I wanted in the online presale, but could have been persuaded to buy more haha!

Thanks for reading
Old 20 Nov 16, 03:30 PM  
Link to this Post
vics18
Very Serious Dibber

Oh my God I was anxious for you on the flight, what a mare! So glad it all worked out in the end.
Don't know how you managed without food for that whole flight, think I would have killed someone.
Super long but fab travel day, can't wait to read the rest!
vics18 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by vics18 View Post
Oh my God I was anxious for you on the flight, what a mare! So glad it all worked out in the end.
Don't know how you managed without food for that whole flight, think I would have killed someone.
Super long but fab travel day, can't wait to read the rest!
To be honest, I'm surprised I didn't haha. I am a big eater, so it was pretty awful going that long. Don't worry, I made up for it the rest of the holiday

thanks for reading
Old 20 Nov 16, 09:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie Mum
Imagineer

Mobile

Great beginning. Loving forward to the rest 😀
Minnie Mum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
slow.jo
Very Serious Dibber

Yay! So excited to read this!

That hotel was very swanky! Glad you kept it real with a Toby C.

Overhead Bin Nobbers SMH

I’m so glad you didn’t miss your connection! I really felt for you reading your stress Something similar happened to us at MCO last year, eye roll

I’ve been in one of those smoking Death Boxes, many years ago when I smoked, I think it was Chicago. It was grim!

I’m so sad you didn’t get any food on the plane

But, yaaaay! You’ve arrived!

I have a Pandora bracelet, I love adding to it with each trip. I got Chef Mickey this time, for Food and Wine

Great read

Jo xx

Stewboy's Trip Reports
slow.jo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 10:22 PM  
Link to this Post

Loved reading this! We're considering a disneyland trip for my husband's birthday so I am following with interest!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 16, 10:37 PM  
Link to this Post
nanasamboy
slightly serious Dibber

Originally Posted by Minnie Mum View Post
Great beginning. Loving forward to the rest 😀
Thank you

Originally Posted by slow.jo View Post
Yay! So excited to read this!

That hotel was very swanky! Glad you kept it real with a Toby C.

Overhead Bin Nobbers SMH

I’m so glad you didn’t miss your connection! I really felt for you reading your stress Something similar happened to us at MCO last year, eye roll

I’ve been in one of those smoking Death Boxes, many years ago when I smoked, I think it was Chicago. It was grim!

I’m so sad you didn’t get any food on the plane

But, yaaaay! You’ve arrived!

I have a Pandora bracelet, I love adding to it with each trip. I got Chef Mickey this time, for Food and Wine

Great read

Jo xx
Aww thanks, you're always so nice about my reports Urgh, it was horrible. And exactly the reason I always pay more for direct flights. But on this occasion, it was quite a big saving and without Alice in tow, I hoped it'd be easy. I'm thinking I won't be in a hurry to do an indirect again any time soon!

I laughed reading Stew's latest post as he'd written almost the same paragraph about overhead bin nobbers TM Why are people so annoying?! Plus it's so much easier to have your stuff by your feet, especially when you have to live off the sad packet of hula hoops and fancy chocolate you have in your bag for a 12 hour flight

I think I need to plan more trips, so I can fill my bracelet!

Thanks for reading x

Originally Posted by Mermaids View Post
Loved reading this! We're considering a disneyland trip for my husband's birthday so I am following with interest!
Aww thanks Definitely go, it's great! Especially if you're a Disney parks geek and want to go cry outside Walt's apartment, like I did haha. As will be apparent by the end of my report, 3 days just wasn't enough. We are trying to plan in when we can go again and we'll definitely be doing at least 5 next time, if not 7 days Let me know if you book it! TFR