Notices
Reports and Reviews for Dining and Restaurants Trip Reports

Old 21 Nov 16, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 9

Car Snacks

We were up nice and early ready for a drive to Daytona Beach, on the way we stopped at a 7/11 to grab some “healthy” snacks for the car…

Just the usual sweets, crisps, water and chocolate, I love Starbucks Caramel Waffles, so had to buy the Stroopwafels.

Instagram: kimberlys_journeyy
Youtube: Kimberly's Journey
Orlando 16 - Food Report
We got engaged trip 19 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 04:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 9

Florida Mall

Our trip to Daytona was very short-lived, it was quite windy and a bit cold so we came back to Orlando to do some shopping.

Chinese@ Food Court - $8.99

Both myself and Kevin chose to eat at the Chinese in the food court, you get 2 entrees and a choice of either rice or noodles.

Mine – I chose Bourbon chicken, orange chicken and a split mixture of rice and noodles.

Kevin’s – He went for the Bourbon chicken, mushroom chicken and noodles.

My guilty pleasure is a plate of American food-court Chinese, so this went down a treat. Admittedly I was in a bit of hangry state, Kevin wanted to shop first and I walked around in a bit of a strop until I was fed…

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Minnie4Mickey is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 16, 04:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 9

Carlos Bake Shop

After a bit of shopping we decided we had worked up an appetite for something sweet, so we decided to go back to the food-court in the direction of Carlo’s Bake Shop.

Luckily there was a short queue because this gave us time to decide what we wanted to share, we had a look in the fridges and there was plenty on offer and eventually we settled on:

Red Velvet Chocolate Cake - $5.99

This was soooo good but so filling, I am really glad we shared this because I don't think I could have managed it by myself.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 21 Nov 16, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 9

City Walk

My friend works as Cabin Crew and she had a flight to Orlando, so me and Kevin decided to meet her and go for dinner at City Walk.

Toothsome Chocolate Emporium

We went in to Toothsome and we were told that there would be a 90 minute wait for the table, we put our names down and decided we would go for a walk around City Walk as we waited.

After a little while we started to get quite hungry and jet-lag was kicking in for my friend, so we cancelled our reservation and decided to go elsewhere.

Hard Rock Café

We eventually settled on Hard Rock Café and luckily we were seated straight away.

I decided to start the evening with a cocktail:

Hurricane - $9.99

This was the strongest tasting drink I have ever head, I felt like I was breathing fire. It took me the whole duration of the meal to finish it...

Steak & Chicken Fajita duo combo - $17.99ish

Me and Kevin both went for the same here, I can’t remember the exact price I was too busy chatting and forgot to note it down. If I remember correctly it was circa $17.99.

These were really nice, however I wished I had just got the chicken. The steak was quite chewy and I ended up eating it by itself rather than in the fajita.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 21 Nov 16, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Originally Posted by H_C-2017 View Post
Oooh they look lovely.
Will keep D-Luxe Burger in mind for next year - good for a cheaper eat while in disney springs.
I would really recommend it, the burgers were really good and as much as I love Earl of Sandwich it was nice to try something else.

Originally Posted by DisneyDreamer81 View Post
Aah, your F&W pics have made me so excited for our trip next year!
F&W was great, I really enjoyed it. I've heard from many people though, try to avoid going to F&W on the weekend as it gets really busy.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Nov 16, 12:49 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 10

Cracker Barrel

We were up really early today at 6:45am as the clocks had gone back, we were off to Magic Kingdom but decided to stop at Cracker Barrel for breakfast on the way.

Eggs in the basket - $7.25
“Two slices of sourdough bread grilled with an egg in the middle, served with thick-sliced bacon or smoked sausage patties and fried apples or hash brown casserole."

I chose mine with sausages and hash brown casserole.

2 pancakes - $4.05

Me and Kevin also chose to share a portion of pancakes with maple syrup.

Peppermill Steak N’ Egg Skillet - $8ish
“Homestyle potatoes layered with peppermill seasoned USDA Choice sirloin steak tips,* two Grade A scrambled eggs, fresh sliced bell peppers, mushrooms, onions, and all-natural Colby cheese. Comes with made from scratch Buttermilk Biscuits.”

This was Kevin's choice:

We also stopped by the gift store and pick up some things to take home with us:

I am desperate to open the peanut butter pillows, but I am saving myself until Christmas...

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Nov 16, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 10

Magic Kingdom

After spending the morning in Magic Kingdom, we decided to leave as was starting to get quite busy. On the way out of the park my dad stopped in the Main Street Ice Cream parlour, holiday tradition that he always has a sundae from here.

Plaza Ice Cream Parlour

All-American Sundae - $5.39
“Old-fashioned Vanilla and Chocolate Ice Cream with Hot Fudge, Peanut Butter Drizzle, Whipped Cream, and a Cherry”.

He was too impatient to let me take a picture as it was on the counter .

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Nov 16, 01:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 10

Johnny Rockets

We decided to head towards International Drive and do a bit of shopping for the afternoon, so stopped off at the Pointe for lunch.

Chocolate Peanut Butter Milkshake - $5.25ish

This was my choice, my two favourite things combined.

I love that they give you the silver shaker with the rest of the milkshake in it...

Chocolate Banana Milkshake - $5.25ish

Kevin’s choice:

Tuna Melt - $6.71

I didn’t fancy a burger today, so opted for the tuna melt instead:

Bacon Cheddar Burger - $7ish

Kevin opted for a bacon cheeseburger:

Chilli Cheese Fries - $4ish

As the milkshakes and burgers weren’t already enough we decided to share some chilli cheese fries too…

I love Johnny Rockets, the food was really good but their milkshakes are so delicious. I definitely had a food baby once we left here..

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Nov 16, 02:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Minnie4Mickey
Imagineer

Day 10

Disney Springs

We had an ADR at the Rainforest Café for 8pm, so we decided to do some shopping beforehand.

Goofy’s Candy Co

Me and Kevin went in to Goofy’s Candy Co to pick up some sweets for gifts when we get home, we also decided to do one of the “Create Your Own Treats”.

Basically you fill out a card and tick off all the options you want, then you take it to the till and they make it for you there and then. This takes about 5 or 10 minutes, so we had a look around the shop as we waited.

For my options I chose the Mickey Mouse Rice Crispy treat, dipped in milk chocolate with peanut butter drops and a dark chocolate drizzle:

Kevin also had a Mickey Mouse Crispy, but his toppings were milk chocolate, crushed oreos and a white chocolate drizzle:

We decided to save these and ate them over the next couple of days.

Orlando 16 - Food Report
Old 22 Nov 16, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
2littleboys
Imagineer

2littleboys's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Great updates! I definitely need to take my boys to the Goofy Candy Co, they would love picking their own treats!