Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Feb 17, 04:42 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Arrow The Magic of Memories & a Wedding September/October 2016 - DAY 2 - BLIZZARD BEACH AND NEARLY A LUAU

Day 2 – Blizzard Beach and NEARLY the Luau

*NOTE – This thread is a little photo light… as you’ll see why as you read on…

Today we had opted to change up the pace a little from yesterday, and with my back still being really painful I didn’t really want to be doing much walking. I should also point out that neither Tom nor Chrissy or Mummy B was with us today. Mummy B is not a fan of water parks so opted for a slower shopping day and Tom and Chrissy headed for Magic Kingdom I believe. Usual morning activities of tea/cig and re-grouping took place and we headed off to the bus stop for Blizzard Beach.

However, upon arriving at the bus stops we hadn’t noticed that buses from Saratoga Springs no longer run directly to Blizzard Beach, you had to get a bus to Animal Kingdom and then switch on to another bus for Blizzard Beach . This slightly set us back on our timing plans, but we did as instructed. In actual fact it didn’t matter too much as there were buses from Animal Kingdom literally lined up to go there so we were fine.

Photo courtesy of Google so you don't get bored of just words...

Once we arrived we were still ahead of rope drop. For those of you that have never been, the park officially opens at 10am, but you can enter, change, wander round the front area beforehand. The bridges across to the beach areas are roped off right until 10am, or until all life guards etc. have taken position. Once through we headed for our usual spot, right on the beach area in front of the polar pub.

And again...

Towels and lockers rented we headed off for the pool and lazy river. I then re-joined my mum on the sunbeds as my back was still a little achy I didn’t want to push it. The others ventured off for Summit Plummet and the various other rides. Shortly after, Dan and Sarah joined us and we sat up by the pub, ordered a few cocktails and then were ID’d. We had all left our passports in our lockers but I had taken photos of them on my phone, the lady was happy to accept these. We did continue to sit here for a good hour or so until the others re-joined us.

Time was ticking and we didn’t want to be too late back to the hotel to get changed and sorted for tonight, so we decided to do a group trip on Teamboat Springs, family raft ride. Split into groups of 4. Me, Dave Mummy H and Dixon. Then Dan, Sarah, Justin and Amy. Suitibly thrown around and lots of laughter all round, especially at Dave who seemed to be unable to get out the ring the other end!

As we headed back to the sunbeds we decided to grab a quick service meal from Lottawotta Lodge.

And again.. last one i swear...

As we were sat outside eating, the heavens opened! And I mean opened! It tipped it down, with no signs of it letting up we decided to make a run for it. The girls all running to the lockers to grab the belongings and the boys (who already had dry clothes on) would wait by the shop.

Unfortunately this resulted in a bit of an argument between myself and Dave as I ended up having to stand on a bus with nothing but my bikini and a cold, wet towel wrapped around me. Everyone else had ensured they had some kind of dry clothing on, but mine were drenched and I was annoyed with Dave for not offering me anything. (Ok in hindsight it wasn’t his fault and I over-reacted)

Getting back to the room, unfortunately it was a bit of a stony silence for Dave and I . The plans for tonight were all the girls were heading to The Polynesian Resort for the Spirit of Aloha Dinner Show which I had pre-paid for. The boys were heading for a night at Disney Springs. Well, I knew we needed to get a bus from Saratoga Springs to Magic Kingdom, then resort monorail to the Polynesian, but timing wise this wasn’t going to work. So I pre-booked a taxi.

Now the events that followed I am not proud of and literally my biggest regret of this whole entire trip. Dave and I ended up in a massive row, literally screaming shouting row. Little did I know all the other girls had arrived and were waiting in our lounge for us, and therefor probably heard every word, including both our mums. It was a horrible dark moment of this trip that I bitterly regret. We did manage to talk things through but time was not on my side. We were due to be there at 5:15pm, it was now 5pm. Dave told me to just go and enjoy the evening, so we did.

Just enough time for a quick photo on the balcony all dressed up!
You can also see my Minnie Mouse Bride Ears here that Mummy B had been out and bought for me earlier today
We went down to the front of the building and waited, and waited, and waited. It was now 5:45pm. The show had already started and we were no were near even being on our way, the taxi never did show up . A nice cast member on a golf buggy did stop to ask if we were ok, but being British we typically just said “yes fine thank you...” So, defeated we went back to my room and found the boys getting ready to go out. Dave took me aside and we both apologised for our row, after all, the whole point of this evening was because it was our big day tomorrow, and we wouldn’t have seen each other again until we were at the altar. So actually although we missed out on the Luau, it did mean Dave and I were able to talk things through properly.

So new plan arranged, as we were all dressed up us girls decided to head to Disney Springs as well. We made the walk over which was no more than 10-15mins. On the way over we spotted a photopass photographer on the bridge and had some nice photos taken.

We then found a lovely Italian restaurant called Portobello’s, I believe it is new. We had a really lovely meal, some incredibly strong cocktails and then moved to sit outside enjoying the music and people watching.

Mummy H and I then needed to pop off and do some shopping. Sarah, Chrissy and Amy were all my bridesmaids, and they all had Pandora bracelets, so I wanted to get them all a Disney exclusive charm as a gift. I have to say it did take about half an hour for me and mum to even find the shop! WOW has it changed there! Barely even recognise the old Downtown Disney. Anyway we chose a simple Mickey Mouse ear charm for Amy, an Eeyore charm for Sarah and the Olaf charm for Chrissy.

Had a bit of a wander round before heading back to the girls. In the meantime I received a WhatsApp message from them to say they were at another bar which I later discovered was The Hanger. They never actually made it inside before closing. We rounded up Chrissy who has somehow ended up in a dance off..! And bumped into the boys at Raglan Road, quick hugs and kisses all round and we headed home.

We got the boat back to the hotel because I needed to go via the lobby to collect a couple of packages that had been delivered. The mums headed into the Artist Palette to fill up our mugs, while we headed to the concierge. Packages retrieved from a lovely gentleman who also noticed I had Disney Bride ears on asked about the wedding. I told him it was the following day and that we were having our celebration dinner at the hotel’s restaurant! He was very excited for me and wished me luck. While we were there Chrissy happened to mention what had happened with our taxi and the luau, and well, the Disney magic gods were shining on me. This lovely cast member not only tried to re-book for us for another night, but when he couldn’t, he reimbursed me the full cost back onto my magic band! I did not ask for or expect this, but it was the start of things to come from this wonderful resort.

Suitably smiling, we headed off to walk back to the Grandstand, when who should pass us but the very same cast member on the golf buggy who had seen us earlier! Sarah then sprung on a great idea! We asked her if we could book a couple of golf buggy’s to pick us up from our rooms on the wedding day and take us to the Turf Club restaurant to save me walking in my dress! She instantly agreed, wrote down the times, names and room numbers and assured me they would be there. (Remember this.)

Once back at the rooms I opened my collected packages, one of which contained a hand painted custom pair of flip flops with the 3 good fairies! My favourite!

The second was a mystery package from my secret Disney pal! I am a member of a Disney bride’s board on Facebook who do a secret pal, gift sending thing. My pal had obviously been in Disney and hand delivered the gift!

Incase the photo isn't clear it contains; a glass personalised wedding photo frame, the Mickey and Minnie Salt and Pepper Shakers, 3 Bath Bombs, A Slice of Mickey Soap and some Mickey Rice Krispy Heads!

Blown away and now smiling we headed off to bed. Mummy H sleeping in with me, Amy in with Sarah as Dave and Dan were in her room with Justin and Dixon.

Apologies for the massive lack of photos today… tomorrow more than makes up for it!

Number of flip flops purchased/obtained = 1.
Number of illnesses/injuries = 1 – ongoing back issue…
Number of tetchy moments = 2

Tomorrow – Our Magical Wedding Day

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SSR - 2017 *How Many New Things Can We Do - March 2017*
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Feb 17, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
walt4it
VIP Dibber

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 8
Can't believe you did so much on the day before your wedding - hope your back lasts for the big day and Pandora purchases look rather good

Going out in a Blaze of Glory- Our Summer of Sorcery 2019 - COMPLETE! 4 Weeks, from The Yacht Club for 10 nights onto much more Florida fun too

All of our previous Trip reports and escapades can be read here.
walt4it is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Feb 17, 10:48 AM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

those Pandora charms are so cute! looking forward to reading all about your big day

thanks for posting
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Feb 17, 07:26 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I can't believe Disney refunded the cost of the show, that is really going above and beyond, amazing service! You guys looked great all dressed up and I love your ears.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 02:36 AM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Oh dear not such a good day but the evening ended up been a good one

Joan
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by walt4it View Post
Can't believe you did so much on the day before your wedding - hope your back lasts for the big day and Pandora purchases look rather good
Looking back we did loads! I think i needed to be kept busy! The Big Day is now posted and thank you! I cant believe i resisted buying myself one... on that day Thank you for reading!

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:23 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
those Pandora charms are so cute! looking forward to reading all about your big day

thanks for posting
The girls loved them which i was so pleased about! Big Day is up and ready for reading Thank you for reading along!

Sophie
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:24 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
I can't believe Disney refunded the cost of the show, that is really going above and beyond, amazing service! You guys looked great all dressed up and I love your ears.
I know! I wish now i'd had the cast members name as he really did go above and beyond. All we were doing was moaning about our day, we certainly didn't expect that! And thank you! I loved my ears too

Sophie
Old 18 Feb 17, 10:25 AM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by mick View Post
Oh dear not such a good day but the evening ended up been a good one

Joan
No, nothing seemed to go quite right, luckily tomorrow makes up for it

Sophie
Old 3 Mar 17, 03:42 PM  
Link to this Post
EJSakaAnna
Imagineer

What a lovely idea with the Disney pandora charms for your bridesmaids . I'm glad you & Dave made up, how lovely of the CM to reimburse you for the luau too.
I'm off to read the wedding day now! x
EJSakaAnna is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List