Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 31 Mar 17, 04:44 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Arrow The Magic of Memories & a Wedding September/October 2016 - DAY 12 - HURRICANE MATTHEW

DAY 12 – HURRICANE MATTHEW

Now where does one even start to try and make this day exciting…

Ok I took not one single photo, I made not one note.

So, last night we had received a couple of messages on our in room phones whilst we had been out the day before that I had completely missed. The 1st one advised us of the parks closing at 5pm. The second one advised us the hotel restaurant would be out of action as would Artist Pallet. The third and final one advised us we were under state curfew for 24 hours.

Righty ho then…

So needless to say no one set alarms, by the time I woke the boys had been up most of the night terribly intrigued about what a hurricane looked like. Well, I can tell you know, it looked like a typical rainy day here in the south east of England! Rainy, dark, windy. Just your average day here!

I jest of course. The wind really was strong, but I have to say it didn’t seem anywhere near as dramatic as the news had previously said it would be… At one point Dixon sent us a video he had taken of a news report where the reporter had literally said “if you do not follow these rules your children WILL die” :O Bit much for Disney World really!

So I managed to run *read dawdle* along the corridor to check on mum. No answer from her. So popped by Tom & Chrissy, they were fine, had plenty of snacks and were watching 101 Dalmatians on TV. Popped back up to check on Mum who had been having a cig, she was fine, bored, but fine.

Once I got back to the room Justin, Amy & Dixon had arrived and had bought UNO. We spent a looong time playing UNO and various card games. Some of the group did attempt to wander down to the Springs section but turned round and came back as the paths were flooded.

By now it was evident the hurricane had changed course throughout the night and had not hit Orlando has initially predicted. Of course we were pleased to hear this! We did then receive a telephone call from front desk to inform us that Disney Springs would re-open at 5pm this evening and the county curfew would be lifted from then! Yay!

So we pretty much waited it out until 5. Donned umbrella’s and ponchos and headed for Disney Springs. The walk was, interesting. It was completely flooded, the golf course was now a lake and we had no choice but to just walk through all the bogginess! Disney Springs was HEAVING! I guess that amount of onsite guests and nowhere else to go soon adds up! We initially set about attempting to find somewhere for food but everywhere looked rammed. We eventually settled on getting in line for Raglan Road which had just opened. They informed us the wait time was about 40 minutes so we got in line. Well 40 minutes later we were at the front “party of 7 please” the lady said “ok you’re looking about a 3 hour wait”! WHAT?! We waited 40 minutes in a line to be told the wait was 3 hours?! Really?! We asked if it would be quicker to split into a 4 and a 3 but she said nope still 3 hours! So we gave up and left.:angry:

Tempers were a bit frayed again now, a mixture of hunger and boredom I think. So we headed for Disney Quest for a brief break. The boys went off and did a few games; us girls had another photo booth shoot, and met back up with the boys.

We left as it was so busy and headed back to Saratoga a tad defeated. On route home I had a message through from Tom to say the 3 of them had order Dominos to the room!

So the rest of our night was spent eating waaaay too much dominos’ playing numerous rounds of UNO and praying for the sun to return to its rightful position tomorrow.

And there we go… wasn’t that worth the wait

Number of flip flops purchased/obtained = 0

Number of illnesses/injuries = 0

Number of tetchy moments = 0.5 – only slightly…

TOMORROW – 3 PARKS 1 DAY (YES I KNOW IT’S MEANT TO BE 4….)

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SSR - 2017 *How Many New Things Can We Do - March 2017*

Edited at 02:45 PM.
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Apr 17, 04:29 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

Who would wait 3 hours for a table?! You'd have died of hunger by then! Mental.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 11:54 AM  
Link to this Post

The cheek of it ! 40 minute wait to be told how long you'll wait ?! 😡
Really enjoying your report 😁
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 4 Apr 17, 12:21 PM  
Link to this Post
llynnnn
Proud to wear my Ears

What a frustrating waste of a day!
3 hours for a table! ridiculous
llynnnn is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 02:48 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by collybird View Post
Who would wait 3 hours for a table?! You'd have died of hunger by then! Mental.
I know! And the worst thing was they gave you a buzzer which only had a distance of about 10 meters so you couldn't even go off and wander and come back! Thank god Domino's saved the day!

Sophie
Sheraton World,Sheraton VV,WL,AKL.As an Adult-2010 PC-2012 SSR-2014 SSR - 2016 -The Magic of Memories & Wedding Trip Report!
SleepingSophie is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 5 Apr 17, 02:49 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by PumpkinKitty View Post
The cheek of it ! 40 minute wait to be told how long you'll wait ?! 😡
Really enjoying your report 😁
I know! in 40 minutes i could have eaten and left! Thank you This one is nearly finished now but theres already another one ready to go so do hang on

Sophie
Old 5 Apr 17, 02:50 PM  
Link to this Post
SleepingSophie
Getting Excited

Originally Posted by llynnnn View Post
What a frustrating waste of a day!
3 hours for a table! ridiculous
It was a very frustrating say involving a lot of 'well what shall we do now' and 'im bored' never mind! We make up for it tomorrow

Sophie
Old 26 Apr 17, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post
Excitedx4
Imagineer

Excitedx4's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
What a shame but at least the hurricane wasn't too bad for you all.
Excitedx4 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List