Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Jan 07, 02:54 AM  
Link to this Post

Fun at 50 Day 2 Saturday 30th December – Mostly DTD.

Fun at 50 Day 2 Saturday 30th December – Mostly DTD.

We both slept right through until 5.30 which is pretty good considering we were in bed at 8 last night. We had a lovely sleep and felt both felt great when we got up. It was dark and foggy outside, we showered and started to do the trippies on the laptop, before going into the club lounge for some breakfast at 7.30.

It was noisy in the lounge and all the Americans were intent on watching the TV, and talking loudly at it and amongst themselves. It soon became apparent why. - Saddam Hussein had been hanged earlier that morning and it was a huge story on the US news (as I’d imagine it would also have been in the UK). Anyway on with breakfast. Bill had cereal and I had a cheese Danish. I was glad to get back to the room as the mood in the lounge had felt quite ugly. The fog had lifted by this time and the sun was very bright, with no clouds in the sky. It was looking good for our first full day.

We packed up our toiletries and magazines and went to pick up the car from the Alamo office attached to the hotel.

Within 5 minutes Bill had the keys in his hand and we were in the parking lot to collect the car. We were very pleased with the speed at which we were dealt with, especially after the debacle we had with Dollar in Vegas. We had to walk a few hundred yards to get to the white Rav 4 we had been assigned. Bill said it was too far to walk with the cases so I should stay with the luggage and he’ll drive the car around. Well I knew it would take him around 10 minutes to get to me as he does like to fiddle on when he gets into a different car, so I walked all the way to the car myself – with all the luggage in tow and reached it in about 30 seconds.

It was still only 9am and check in time at our timeshare at The Fountains on South International Drive was 4 pm. We wanted to go to DTD to buy Annual Passes, but were not keen on leaving the suitcases in the car as the Rav 4 did not have a cover for the luggage in the back. We decided to go to the Fountains and leave our bags there. On arrival we were delighted to find our villa was already available, so we went straight to it and left our bags there (time to unpack later)

We were in a new building which only opened in September. There is a very comfortable seating area.

The kitchen

2 good sized bedrooms and 2 bathrooms, and only us in it.

Ah well there is another room for me to escape to if Bill snores too much.

We went to DTD and bought our AP’s. Mine is a Mickey ticket and Bill’s is Cinderella.

We then had a look around the shops in the Marketplace before going for some lunch. We drove to the Crossroads to our favourite restaurant – Unos. We shared pizza skins and I had sirloin tips for my main course while Bill had an individual pepperoni pizza. Our server pointed out to Bill that the individual pizzas were not really very big, and some people complained about the size of them. However it was big enough for Bill. As we leaving Uno’s I asked Bill where he’d like to go from there (bearing in mind we had brand new AP’s on us). He turned to me and said in all seriousness “Best Buy on Sand Lake Road”. I was not at all impressed with this response and he tried to kid me he’d been joking (but I know he was deadly serious). In the end we went back to The Fountains and spent some time at the pool as it was a lovely hot and sunny afternoon, before finally unpacking.

We then went to Best Buy (groan) at around 5pm as our DS had asked us to see if we could get him a Playstation 3. Best Buy did not have any, neither did Circuit City and this was to become a recurring theme over the next few days.

Our good friends Bob and Dawn were arriving in Orlando in the afternoon and we were hoping to meet up at the Rainforest Café in DTD at around 7pm. We drove to DTD, which took us an hour not the usual 15 minutes due to the holiday traffic. It was difficult to get parked, but we eventually found a space behind Cirque and walked to the Marketplace area. Right on cue Bill had a text message from Dawn saying they were checked in to their villa at SSR and were walking to the Rainforest Café. We met up at 7 and were seated at 7.30 thanks to Bob’s magic safari card he has (sorry Bob I can’t remember the official name of it). Dawn and I had Mozarella Sticks, I think Bob had a chilli starter, Bill didn’t have a starter. Bill Dawn and I had the Rainforest burger and I don’t remember what Bob had (sorry again Bob!). We all left the RFC at about 8.45. Bob and Dawn were very tired after their long day and set off to walk back to Saratoga Springs. I was dying to do something with the new AP’s so suggested the Comedy warehouse to Bill. We had just missed the start of a show though and it would have been an hour until seating began for the next one, so we just went back to the Fountains as we were also quite tired .We watched TV for a while and then went to bed where we again slept very well.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 08:53 AM  
Link to this Post
fintywalker
Imagineer

fintywalker's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 4
DIBB Villa Reviews: 2
sounding good already, looking forward to the rest.
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:15 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely looking room at The Fountains. Bob's Safari Club card still didn't work fast enough!

A great way to start the holiday,

Dawn
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Originally Posted by Jools
he does like to fiddle
Oh err missus

Jools, whats a girl got to do to use her AP
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post

A nice first day, your villa at the Fountains looks lovely.
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:53 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Lol you know us too well Michelle
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 10:54 AM  
Link to this Post
loll1511
Imagineer

loll1511's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 2

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 25
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Looking forward to more trippies. Your rooms at The Fountains look fabulous.
Old 21 Jan 07, 12:42 PM  
Link to this Post

Superb view - the exact area I stayed on international Drive back in 2004!

What a lovely villa!

And HOW could he not say - "TAKE ME TO THE MAGIC, and don't spare the horses! "
Old 21 Jan 07, 02:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Tartan Tigger
Imagineer

Your villa looks lovely.
All Star Music, All Star Movies, Pop Century, Art of Animation, Caribbean Beach, French Quarter, Riverside, Coronado Springs, Swan, Dolphin, Wilderness Lodge, Royal Pacific, Hard Rock, Cabana Bay, Beach Club, Contemporary Tower, Yacht Club, Boardwalk, Bay Lake Tower, Old Key West
Tartan Tigger is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jan 07, 08:53 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Villa looks lovely.
Enjoying reading your report.

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List