Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 9 Jul 17, 04:43 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

A Rainy Solo Trip Quest for Pandora 2017 - Day 3 Disney Springs/Animal Kingdom

June 6th Weather AM Dry / PM Lots Of Rain

I woke up too early around 4am and drifted back to sleep for another couple of hours then I had my breakfast in my room.

I was supposed to be shopping with another dibb member but this is not come off so my plan changed and I chilled at the hotel until 9 when I got the bus to Disney Springs.

As I arrived in Disney Springs the sun came out for the first time in the holiday

I went to Ghiradelli's and got a free sample which was very nice

I went shopping and bought an Oswald the lucky rabbit which I had been wanting since the last trip and payed for it with last years gift card. I then picked up this years gift card.

By this time it was time for lunch and Earl of Sandwich is one of my favs and did not disappoint. I had ham n Swiss with no mustard and a cherry coke.

I then got the boat back to my hotel sharing it with a lovely couple and I could see the clouds forming...

At this point it must be said I have been to Florida many times and never used our cheap ponchos and on this day I left my room without my cheap poncho

As I was taking the quick walk to the bus stop there were a few drops of rain and I started to worry about my Everest FP. During the ride to Animal Kingdom the rain got stronger and stronger and it started the thunder and lightening, at this point I was in two minds whether to get off the bus or just go for it.

I stood with another family watching the storm and waiting for it to finish and people watched as totally drenched people were leaving the park. The rain eased to just normal rain and I took the plunge and ran to the turn styles and ducked into the shop just before security and used my gift card to buy a poncho. This turned out to be my best purchase of the holiday .
It was at this point I got the email telling me that my everest FP had been cancelled and could be used on a limited number of rides. The rain then started to be heavy again but my poncho was keeping me dry.

So i decided to Q for the Navi River (foolishly) as it had a 20 minute Q.

It chucked it down the entire time we were in the Q and it had rained so much the internal Q line was flooded.

The Navi River - flood

During the Q people in the line were nice to chat to and we all kept our spirits up as the weather was dreadful they were from Soux City and California. My trainers were soaking but the rest of me was dry.

The Navi river was very pretty but too short but worth doing.

I had some time before my next FP so I used a snack credit on a ice drink from Pongu Pongu

Night Blossom with Glowing Unadelta Seed

It was very nice but a little bit sweet for me.

MY FP time arrived for the Flight of Passage my first thing to note is the FP line avoids the standard line so you miss out on all the theming but you don't have the long Q.

The ride was fantastic but the glasses are too big for me and kept slipping off. I looked for a Pandora T-shirt but they did not have my size the merchandise runs out quick each day in this part of the park.

I was supposed to watch river of light but it was still raining and my shoes were quelching so I just went back to my hotel and had a nice pizza for my tea and collected a parcel from reception where they charged me $5 for it. I was unimpressed with Target who sent me some Meletonin that was out of date by several months. But the rest of the order was ok. As I was on my own I was not able to return them to Target.

I watched some TV and wrote up my trip report before going to bed.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jul 17, 08:16 PM  
Link to this Post
Palm trees
Apprentice Imagineer

That looks like quite a downpour, glad you managed to pick up a poncho. Looking forward to hearing more from your holiday
Palm trees is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:12 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

I hate the rain, glad you managed to soldier on!

I am trying to keep away from anything about Pandora as I want to see it for myself, hope you don't mind be just scrolling past anything about it! I did catch sight of the drink though, it looks lush.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 01:25 PM  
Link to this Post
Jake71
Imagineer

Pesky Florida rain - at least you didn't let it stop you and still managed to get some stuff done.
Old 11 Jul 17, 02:29 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame about the rain

Joan
Old 11 Jul 17, 04:01 PM  
Link to this Post
OB1LukeLucas
VIP Dibber

Shame about the rain good job you got the poncho. The drink looks interesting.
OB1LukeLucas is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 11 Jul 17, 10:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jockey
Imagineer

Shame about the rain... I hope Target gave you a refund
Old 12 Jul 17, 05:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Cazzius
Apprentice Imagineer

I didn't know they closed Expedition Everest if it rains - that is really useful info.

Free chocolate is always good. YUM!

It is really good to read how easy it is to get between hotels, Disney Springs and the parks, and how quick the journeys are. I was thinking it would be a bit of a mission, but your report has made me feel much better about it.

First Time Floribobs (The Irma Remix) - WDW trip report *Complete*
While The Cat's Away, The Caz Will Play With The Mouse - Solo DLP Trip Report
Cazzius is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 11:22 AM  
Link to this Post
Disneycraft
Imagineer

Disneycraft's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Reviews: 3
Shame it rained so much .hope you got a refund at target

Marriott 93, MIC lakefront 94,Holiday inn 96,Rosen plaza 98,Quality inn plaza 02,BVP 06,BVP 07 ,Royal plaza 08,villa 09,villa +RPR 11,villa 12,Contemporary 13,BVP 14 ,POR xmas 15,Beach club 16,Beach Club 18 ,Contemporary 22, Sheraton LBV 23,+ DLP 03,17
Disneycraft is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 05:05 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Disneycraft View Post
Shame it rained so much .hope you got a refund at target
I was unable to take it back to store or post it back so just accepted the loss of $8.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List