Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Jul 17, 09:54 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

A Rainy Solo Trip Quest for Pandora June 2017 Day 8 - Hollywood/Epcot/ Pandora @night

June 11th 2017 Weather AM Sun PM Rain

I made the effort to get up early for my final full day in the parks and arrived in Hollywood Studios for MMH. I cancelled my Frozen FP as I had seen it earlier in the week
So I went straight to Toy Story and had a 10 minute wait it was fun as always and then went and rode Tower of Terror

Tower of Terror

The next stop was Star Tours which I rode 3 times and they were all different and I walked straight on the the muppets 3D.

By this time my 1st FP was ready and I played Toy story again - my score never seems to improve.

I had a picture taken outside the Launch Bay

I decided to have lunch at Pizza Rizzo as it has had some mixed reviews.

I had a vegetable Pizza

It was as nice as the pizza's in POFQ and you get a caeser salad with it as well and a nice view of the cranes in the New Star Wars Land from the second floor.

As I was eating lunch I decided to cancel my Star Tours FP and decided to go to Epcot for one last time. So I managed to book a FP for Sourin in 1 hours time and Living with the land for a bit later.

I though the bus would be a quick was to get to Epcot but I waited ages for the bus to come and there is little shade when the sun is out.

Whilst in the FP queue for Sourin, I brought forward my Living with the Land FP by 1/2 hour. So that after Sourin I walked straight on to Living with the land. It is such a peaceful ride. The queue line was showing 15 minutes so I queued for it and the queue was only 7 minutes.

I booked another FP for Test Track for later in the afternoon.

Figmant had a small queue so I rode it as there were rumours it is being changed in the future, and as Pixar was near and the rain was starting I watched the Pixar films - hoping the rain would stop.

But the rain did not stop and I got the dreaded email of your Test track FP had been cancelled due to adverse weather.

As it was chucking it down I thought I would ride Ellens Energy ride as it was inside and nearby. I had also heard this ride was closing soon, so I tried to ride it for the last time. It is a long ride but still enjoyable - I think Mr Trump should ride it he would learn about climate change

It was still raining so I ran to Mouse Gear for a browse.

I bought an Olaf Magic band which the shop thought they could not link - but the link worked as I tried it as my room key.

It was miserable so I went back to my hotel to start packing, once back I found no MDE information had been left so I checked with reception and they booked and printed out the paperwork for me. At the same time I tried to settle my bill for two parcels I had received and found they had only charged me for one

I watched Avatar as I packed - luckily it started roughy where I had left it the previous night.

Then I headed out in light rain to Animal Kingdom to see it in the dark.

The paths lit up green

The flowers glowed

The waterfall glowed

The atmosphere in the park is different at night to the day as the sounds, smells and lighting is different.

I was tired and got the bus back that took ages for some reason.

Sadly this was my last night before leaving tomorrow.
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Jul 17, 10:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Moorlandman
Imagineer

Moorlandman's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
Great photos!

Shame about the rain though!
Moorlandman is online now Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 17, 10:23 PM  
Link to this Post
collybird
Imagineer

A busy day! I am sad to have ridden Ellen for the last time, it was nice to have a long break in the cool.
collybird is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 17, 11:17 PM  
Link to this Post
ILoveDaveLamb
Imagineer

I had a nice little siesta the last time I rode Ellen. It's a big space. It will be great for GOTG.

Lovely pictures of AK at night.
Old 26 Jul 17, 01:31 PM  
Link to this Post
wombat girl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by ILoveDaveLamb View Post
I had a nice little siesta the last time I rode Ellen. It's a big space. It will be great for GOTG.

Lovely pictures of AK at night.
Thanks - all pictures were taken on my iphone 5c and not a posh camera
DLP 2018 - Star Tours - A solo story trip May 2018
ASM 2018 - It's Looking like a lot like a Christmas Wombat- Solo Trip TBC
wombat girl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List