Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 14 Apr 18, 11:29 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

Star Wars, Bar Bores and No Chores...27 August 2017 - Day 10 - Hooray for Hollywood

We had another busy day planned today, starting the day at Hollywood Studios before making our way to Typhoon Lagoon when the heat got the better of us.

We got to the park for about 8.30am and it was already busy, we did ride rock n roller with about a 30 minute wait though, and were at trolley car café for just before 9am, where we had an M and M Brownie, a tall Frappe Van Bean Crème, and a vendi Frappe Straw Crème. We had 97 snack credits remaining and it was absolutely packed at the café, in fact it was packed out every time we visited.

Our original plan for the morning had been to have brunch at Prime Time Café, but we had used a lot of TS credits already with mixed results for the children who had struggled to get their appetites in the heat, and I was worried with Cole’s Asperger’s that if he got a telling off he might take umbrage, so I thought it was better to avoid it and I had cancelled that a couple of days previously.

So, we did have a brunch at 11.11am instead, at Backlot express – where we shared three cold drinks, a souvenir BB8 sipper cup, two portions of chicken nuggets and a hot dog with fries. We paid for the cup OOP. Here we encountered the worst service of the trip. The line had built before we joined, shortly before 11am. A rather rude server came out from behind the counter and told us we would have to be patient and wait a little longer and not to make a there, but to move to another counter.

As brits, this made us very cross as everyone had already formed a very orderly line, and as we were being asked to all move to the other side of the restaurant, it became a free for all. Nonetheless, as we were hungry we queued up again, slightly behind some of those who are better in rugby scrum situations and the restaurant really began to full. Servers whispered to one other but there still didn’t seem to be much activity from the kitchens. Imagine how irritated we became when the goal posts were moved again and the rude server then came and opened a till where we had originally been waiting. We had to suffer this poor service as the children were hungry, but we were absolutely incensed and the food was fine, but definitely not worth waiting over 20 minutes at a counter for!

Nonetheless we enjoyed our day at our favourite park and rode pretty much everything we wanted to and browsed in a lot of the shops and just soaked up the general atmosphere.

Our fastpasses today were Tower of Terror at 9.20am Toy Story Midway Mania at 10.45am and Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular at 12.45pm.

We also had another quick stop just before 3pm at Pizza Rizzo where we shared two Meatball Sub Side and I had a Caesar Salad and we shared two large bottles of water as it was very hot and humid today. The food was a million times better (as was the service) when compared to Backlot Express.

Before we watched Indiana Jones, we stopped at the Echo Lake Satellite Bar and purchased a Blue Moon and Schofferhofer 16oz which were $16 plus $1.04 tax. The show was as brilliant as ever.

We also spent $42.75 in Mickeys of Hollywood on sweets and some things, I was a bit cross as I’d specified I wanted to use snack credits (where applicable) on some of the basket and everything was charged. I sorted this out, but it was a bit of a faff doing so.

We had bought a droids cotton candy, a BYOD chopper, mountain mix, nature trail, and fruit and nut snacks.

As we left the park in the afternoon, we actually left the merch bag when we were having a photo pass photo (which we didn’t notice until we were back in resort) we collected it from lost property which was near the poly a couple of days later.

We were very disappointed to note that all food items are automatically thrown away when they reach lost property, which meant we had to go to a lot of trouble to recover two little droids, still at least someone handed them in and worst things happen at sea. I was now waiting for the final thing we were going to lose on the holiday, as that was the second bag that had been forgotten.

Anyways, we spent a very enjoyable couple of hours at Typhoon Lagoon, before we returned to the resort, swam in the small pool, and I did a bit of laundry, this was another busy day.

Around 6pm we had showers, got changed and headed via the boat launch to Disney Springs. Just before we left I checked how things were looking spending wise with the concierge, and I exchanged the -$200 gift card towards our OOP purchases and paid off another $338.20 with my visa.

The boat launch was brilliant. The boat was busy, but not overcrowded and it was a very pleasant journey with a little breeze. Before too long we were looking round Disney Springs before our 7.15pm reservation at Raglan Road.

There was a little wait after check in before dinner, and we were seated about 7.35pm. We were sat right at the back so were a little disappointed not to be able to see the dancing, but we had a nice enough server etc. and the food was really good. The whole place seemed really busy.

We ordered one Raglan Road signature beer flight at $10, one kids fry chicken $9, one fish and chips $21, two not chowder $53, one colcannon mash $8, one kids mac n cheese $8, one root beer $3.50, one coke $3.50, one sprite $3.50, one lemon tart $9.50 one dessert flight $12, one chocolate cake $9.50. I cannot find the details but I suspect I would have ordered a wine flight. The meals subtotal was $150.50, with tax $9.78, total due $160.28 – this used three adult meals credits, (as I paid OOP for two children’s means as Tia and Cole couldn’t face an adult portion) and this left 12 TS credits remaining). The desserts defeated all of us they were delicious though.

After we had finished dining some of the Irish dancers came over to our table and invited the boys up to the stage but they think they are far too cool for that sort of thing, which was a shame. We really appreciated the offer though!

Great performers and brilliant show...

Equally enjoyable desserts the sampler was the best in our opinion...

After we paid up and waddled out we had a look around various shops and had a really nice evening before making our way back to Port Orleans.

Day 11

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power

Edited at 07:57 AM. Reason: adding link
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 15 Apr 18, 12:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
I'm glad you enjoyed your raglan road meal, even if you were a bit far away at the back of the restaurant.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Apr 18, 07:31 AM  
Link to this Post
ladyofleisure
Excited about Disney

It was really nice - you are so spoilt for food choices now at Disney Springs, I'm really glad we had the opportunity to try it.

A link to my 2020 trip to Los Angeles:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho... php?t=1161735

A link to my 2017 trip to POR and HRH is show below:
Star Wars, Bar Bores, Car Tours and No Chores!

A link to my 2015 trip to CBR and RPR is shown below:
https://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/sho...me+the +power

Edited at 07:55 AM.
ladyofleisure is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Apr 18, 07:04 AM  
Link to this Post
yellowrose78
VIP Dibber

yellowrose78's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Great day, we love Raglan Road

Movieland Hotel IDrive - 2002 / POR - 2012 / 3 Weeks at OKW - 2014 / Villa at Highlands Reserve - 2016 / New York and Orlando - 2018 / Caribbean Cruise MSC Seaside - June 2019 / Orlando Covid cancelled 2020 and 2021 / Planning for Orlando 2024
yellowrose78 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List