Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 23 Jun 18, 04:39 PM  
Link to this Post
JanetteP
Imagineer

Just the Two of Us, Devenney's, Cici's, Shopping & Texas Roadhouse

Friday 11th May

Typhoon Lagoon today – we had purchased a little lunch box which fitted in 6 cans and ice packs just nicely – it was $4.97 at Walmart. We took our own packed lunch, and we had a lovely day. Just a shame there isn’t much shade at TL, so by lunchtime we were burning.

Devenney’s Irish Bar for 2 for 1 Atlantic cod and chips tonight before 7pm, and at $13.99 for 2 it was an absolute bargain, and delicious too. DH had a draft Guinness which was very enjoyable. Total bill was $23.75

Saturday 12th May

Raining today, and it was always my intention to hit the shops to see if there were any Mother’s Day sales. I had a 25% off voucher courtesy of Twinkestar1 and I also had a $15 off a $30 spend on an email. So we went to Vineland and purchased these:-

Another trip to Walmart for some Pharmacy supplies – 2 packs of Alleve, some Campho-Phenique Cold Store Treatment and some Clear Eyes, together with Glad Cling Film and Reynold’s Foil for home.

We then went to Cici’s as I have a VIP Lifetime Dine for Less Card which gives a free buffet with every one purchased. Total bill was £13.94 for 2 buffets and 2 large drinks – bargain and really nice.

Dessert Pizza

Sunday 13th May

Another shopping day today – we went to the Nike Outlet at Marker 13 on the 192, nothing we fancied there, so we went to the Lake Buena Vista Outlets to the Levi shop as I was desperate to take some jeans back with me. I was dithering with length sizes, so decided to go the Premium Outlets International Drive to look there – big mistake – it was like a jumble sale, no organisation whatsoever. I then made DH drive me back to Lake Buena Vista Outlets where they remembered me, they were shutting in 20 minutes as it had been a nightmare drive back with rain and traffic. I wish I’d stayed there in the first place, and will definitely be going back there instead of Premium Outlets next time. My jeans were reduced to $39.99 if you got 2 pairs – hmm – difficult decision that was!

We had also been looking for an Orlando Magic Cap for my DS to go with the vest and shorts he had purchased last year from Adidas. Turns out Adidas no longer sponsor Orlando Magic, and Nike did. I at least managed to get one of these at Premium Outlets, so it wasn’t an absolute waste of time.

So it’s Sirloin Sunday at Texas Roadhouse, and I had no way of phoning ahead unless we went back to the villa, which we decided against, and just turned up. Well – it was Mother’s Day and it was packed, with loads of people waiting outside. We decided the wait was worth it as we were starving. It only took about 30 minutes, but we had an awful seat right near the door. However, the waiter more than made up for it – and when I gave him a $10 tip he was amazed, and told the other servers that his customer had given him over 20%! Just wow – he was more than worth it - I wish I’d given him more now. The total bill was $35.70 including a free cactus blossom, my Shirley Temple and a cocktail for DH. Absolutely gorgeous steak, I liked it better than Yachtsman.

Not many days left now, and the weather is not being very kind, lots of rain. Really appreciate how much effort is involved when folks do a trip report - it's really hard work remembering to take the photo's before we eat! Anyway, it's my first trip report, so hope it's OK.

Janette
Dreamy Corner June 23, Potter’s Villa May 22, Shamu Villa Sep 22,AKL, HRH Lakeside Haven Sep 19, Lakeside Haven RPR May 19. White Blossom & Viburnum Villa Aug 18. SSR, Aurora Villa May 18. Kidani, RPR Champion Florida Villa 17, Staybridge Suites, White Blossom & Owens Villa 16 OKW, Champion Florida Villa & RPR 16, Magic Landings 15, Grand Reserve & HRH 2014, Tuscan Pines 12, Highgrove 09, Legacy Park 07, Indian Point 06 and 05, Florida Pines 04
Graduation Trip 2019
+ Trip Report 2018
JanetteP is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Jun 18, 09:26 PM  
Link to this Post
mick
VIP Dibber

mick's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Some great shopping and lovely meals

Joan
Old 23 Jun 18, 10:13 PM  
Link to this Post
Floridaagogo
Imagineer

Wow some bargain meals and they all looked delish😀
Floridaagogo is offline Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jun 18, 08:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
The blooming onion always looks impressive and I'm glad you enjoyed your meal so much. Some great bargains in your shopping. A shame the rain affected your plans a bit.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List