Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 Dec 18, 04:45 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Thumbs up 5 do Florida for the 1st time - October 2018 - Day 9 - A much needed rest day

Index

So today will be a quick read. Having decided last night to cancel Cinderella's Royal table for today it meant we had nothing to get up for and nowhere to be for the 1st time on this trip. We had fast passes booked for Space Mountain, Tomorrowland Speedway and Buzz but we decided we would try and fit them in later in the trip. It was a lovely feeling when we went to bed last night.

Obviously with two little ones there was never going to be a lie in so we were up at the crack of dawn for breakfast. Emma and Benjamin started the day with their usual Coco Pops. Much to their disgust they were banned form eating or drinking in the lounge. Wi the quality and condition of everything in the villa I think it really makes people look after it and we would be no different even with two destructive and clumsy little monsters to contend with.

By now Emma was used to the fact that I intended to photograph everything that was eaten and would often tell me I had to take a photo before she would eat. She was more conscientious than me about it my now.

I decided it was about time I had a healthy breakfast.

We did had snacks to use up after using the last of our snack credits yesterday!

Being a big footballs we sat down and watched Chelsea V Man Utd in the living room. Sally is a Man Utd fan and and I am a Liverpool fan. we have been together 10 years and she still hasn't learnt! However, a Man Utd have gone down the pan this year I am enjoying life again. It finished 2-2 which so as they both dropped points it was a good start to the day for me.

My kids have no interest in football whatsoever. Benjamin and I will be having serious words before he gets too much older.

By 09:30 we were all in swimwear for a day at the pool. The pool area is lovely, private and the water temperature was perfect having paid for the pool heating. (They have refurbed the pool deck since our stay). We had a really lovely morning which consisted of playing in the pool with the kids and relaxing. It made a lovely change form the last week. The temperature was up to about 30 degrees again today and it was perfect. It was great to see how much more comfortable Emma was becoming in the water. She always used to cling on to you for dear life even if she had a ring or arm bands on.

I think Chloe and Emma are looking at a lizard here.

Lunch was a posh affair today. We threw some pizza in the oven and feasted on the leftovers from yesterday's Chinese. We still didn't finish it all.

The villa could not have been better equipped for eating in. Loads of crockery, cooking equipment (so I was told) and plenty of plastic cups, plates etc for use out on the desk.

Sally was on the wine already and it all be come too much for Benjamin. Relaxing and lunch by the pool was tough work. Emma didn't want to be out of the pool for more than about 5 minutes.

We were all dragged back in the pool by Emma. I took the opportunity to face time my parents back home. The Wifi was excellent throughout our stay.

About 16:00 we took the short walk up to Publix at Berry Town Centre for a few more essentials. I have n idea what we could have needed but we only spent the equivalent of £26.91. I think the massive quantity of Chinese food I had consumed in the last 24 hours had taken effect as I got caught short in Publix! I only felt the need to give this information as I can highly recommend the rest rooms there. They were spotless.

It was a nice pleasant walk and was enough of an outing for us for the day. When we returned back to the villa Emma wanted a Macdonalds so Chloe and I went out to get one for her and Benjamin. Emma was chuffed to bits... easily pleased! It was a short drive up the US27 just past the junction with the 192. Chloe ended up having a meal to but Sally and I were done for the day.

Benjamin does worry me a little at times!

After this we bathed the kids in the en suite in our med room. Having a choice of bathroom and so much space was lovely after our on site week. The on site / off site debate was already starting between Sally and I.

Afterwards we settled down for a relaxing evening with a couple of drinks. I had attempted to get to grips with the arcade machine on the landing. I think I remember it had over 600 games of it and I did attempt to play a couple of my childhood favourites but the kids wouldn't leave me alone I vowed to get some time to myself with it at some stage... it never happened. Older kids, teenager and adults could burn days away with that thing given the opportunity!

Eventually we ended up watching Ace Ventura Pet Detective with some popcorn. Today was just the day that we needed but as usual it was exceptionally tiring work. Once the kids went to bed Sally, Chloe took a drink out to the spa for a while. It was bliss and I had been dubious as to a spa adjoined to the swimming pool getting warm enough. I certainly had no complaints. After half hour or so of relaxing Benjamin woke so I headed in to get him back down. Sally and Chloe soon followed and we all went off to bed.

We have our official rest day planned tomorrow and may just keep it that way with how much we all enjoyed today.

Watching the weather during the evening it said a cold front was coming in tomorrow bringing more seasonal cooler weather with it.
August 2021 - Anthem of the seas UK mini cruise Trip report *completed*
Vegas/LA Aug 22 - Trip Report In Progress

Edited at 05:05 PM.
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 05:41 PM  
Link to this Post
caitlinsmummy
Imagineer

It's fab that Emma gained so much more confidence. Well done Emma.

Poor Benjamin, it's tiring work being 1 you know!

Those happy meals look so cute! I love the little fries box. Emma and Benjamin look so pleased with their foods.

I can bet Benjamin takes after his dad

What a fab rest day, it sounds so fun and relaxing and just what you all needed x
caitlinsmummy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 05:50 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyDaffodil
Imagineer

Mobile

You are winning me over to a villa stay, you had such a lovely relaxing day. We never get one on our onsite stays.

Thanks for the info on the standards of rest rooms at Publix. Very thorough Dibb reporting 😂

Love the photo of Benjamin asleep in the high chair, so cute 😀
DisneyDaffodil is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Sounds like a lovely chilled out day. Great to see Emma getting more confident in the water too, it was in the villa pool on a Florida holiday that we finally got Alex to let go of us in the water, aged 4, having more time in the water really does help them
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Dec 18, 08:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Goldia
VIP Dibber

Goldia's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 43
Cute photo of Benjamin asleep in the high chair. It sounds like a much needed rest day. You sound like you're loving the villa and really enjoying having all the space.

Link to all my completed trip reports
2017: NYC and Orlando. Salzburg. Boston.
2018: Orlando. Berlin.
2019: DLP. Orlando. Washington DC.
2020: DLP.
2021: Jamaica. Rome.
2022: Orlando.
2023: Orlando. Niagara and Toronto.
Goldia is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 11:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by caitlinsmummy View Post
It's fab that Emma gained so much more confidence. Well done Emma.

Poor Benjamin, it's tiring work being 1 you know!

Those happy meals look so cute! I love the little fries box. Emma and Benjamin look so pleased with their foods.

I can bet Benjamin takes after his dad

What a fab rest day, it sounds so fun and relaxing and just what you all needed x
It was nice to see her enjoying the water so much. Getting this far in to my trip report has reminded me that I need to get my finger out and look into swimming lessons for her!
Usually we get some warning when Benjamin wants nap but one second he was eating and the next he was sparko!

My hair band collection is much bigger than his
Milpston is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 Dec 18, 11:58 AM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by DisneyDaffodil View Post
You are winning me over to a villa stay, you had such a lovely relaxing day. We never get one on our onsite stays.

Thanks for the info on the standards of rest rooms at Publix. Very thorough Dibb reporting 😂

Love the photo of Benjamin asleep in the high chair, so cute 😀
Haha I think the on/off site debate is an endless one. Unless Disney add pool villas like these at prices where most wouldn't need to take a out a mortgage there will never be a right answer.
I'll sum up my thoughts on it at the end... I'm still not sure what they are It takes much longer to book a villa though as I spent literally weeks looking through different villa sites!

Considering my notes are so sparse by now it was testament to them that they got a mention
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Eccle View Post
Sounds like a lovely chilled out day. Great to see Emma getting more confident in the water too, it was in the villa pool on a Florida holiday that we finally got Alex to let go of us in the water, aged 4, having more time in the water really does help them
We really needed the chill out day and really enjoyed it. Some of the Disney pools are lovely but I didn't think you can beat having a nice private pool for the family. Emma turned 4 yesterday so I MUST look into swimming lessons and get them booked soon.
Old 7 Dec 18, 12:04 PM  
Link to this Post
Milpston
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Goldia View Post
Cute photo of Benjamin asleep in the high chair. It sounds like a much needed rest day. You sound like you're loving the villa and really enjoying having all the space.
We don't always make him sleep in a high chair... only when he's being punished

I don't think we ever really struggled for space in The Beach Club but your realise what you are missing when you arrive in the villa. With this being exceptionally spacious it was lovely to have our own rooms. I think Chloe was probably desperate to get her own space more than the rest of us
Old 7 Dec 18, 01:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Eccle
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Milpston View Post
We really needed the chill out day and really enjoyed it. Some of the Disney pools are lovely but I didn't think you can beat having a nice private pool for the family. Emma turned 4 yesterday so I MUST look into swimming lessons and get them booked soon.
Happy birthday to Emma! I agree, i’m looking forward to trying Stormalong Bay next year, but I do love having the villa pool and the freedom it gives the kids
Eccle is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List