Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander JR BIRTHDAY TRIP Day 7

The Crew
Highlander: Age 40 :Chief Planner and Banker(I said Banker)
DW AKA Jacquie : Age ? : Chief Cleaner and Spender
DD AKA Stephanie : Age 16 : Main mission in life to spend
DS AKA Danny : Age 13/14 : Main mission in life Joker

Monday 26th March:MGM/Hooter's:Weather:Another El Scorchio:
On todays plan it was meant to be Epcot am and MGM pm, but the kids didn't really fancy Epcot so it was decided that we would do MGM in the am and see how we feel later.
Up a little after 7:30, free breakie again shuttle to MGM we arrive a litle after 9 as we stopped at Epcot first, we use our plan of strategy again and get fast pass for RnR, we then join normal queue for RnR band wait 15mins before riding it onto TOT 20min wait still as enjoyable, we have a sit down and watch the street performers,I think these actors really do add to MGM making it a much more enjoyable visit, something universal studios could do with, we then use or fast pass for RnR, then we catch Beauty Beast show, which is still just as good

After Beauty and Beast we get fast passes for TOT, then we head for the car show at 11:55 with 20mins to spare this show is almost full, we all enjoy the car show plus I win at the quiz between our family on the screen

After the show we have a wander enjoying the scenery, before heading back to TOT to use our fast pass

the park is now very busy queues are really building for all the attractions, we have an ice cream break after TOT and I must admit the portion of ice cream you get for your $ is pretty good value, after our ice cream break we head for the Indy show I'm glad we got there early as it was bursting at the seams, the volunteers where good and two of them where from England, Indy show was good.
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:15 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews

but its what happened after the show that will remain etched in our minds, on the way out of the show the crowd was pretty heavy and one guy banged into an ECV, now rather than saying sorry they both cursed each other for not watching where they where going, then the able bodied male in his 50's punched the guy in his 60's in the ECV, then a big burly guy in the ECV party lunged at the other guy, pretty sure the guy who threw the first punch had looked at who the guy in the ECV was with because this guy was huge, now there where about 5 CM's nearby who looked the other way that was until I reported the incident as it really looked like it was getting out of hand the CM I reported it too did catch the guy who threw the first punch and what happened afterwards I don't know but I was stunned that this was early afternoon in Disney huge crowd and no alcohol involved just a basic lack of manners and we have park rage, never thought to take a pic pure kodak moment, well with that excitement we had to cool down so juices bought then off to the Muppets, which we all enjoyed and luckily we caught a show just as it was going in so no long wait, we then had another wander,

Some shopping and more pics taken,

I had an ADR for Sci-Fi at 6pm it was now a little after 3:30 and we decided to cancel the ADR as we where just going to get the 4pm shuttle back to hotel, it took nearly 10mins to cancel the ADR due to staff being clueless, don't think I'll bother next time, caught the shuttle back but we never realized it first went to AK then DTD then hotel so took 45mins all in although DW and DS did fall asleep on coach so it passed easily for them, although both myself and DD did distance ourselves from them when the snoring started and the bus driver pointed them both out to all the passengers, DW still doesn't believe us but he did. Once back at the hotel we decided to, that is myself and DW that tonight we would surprise DS with a birthday cake at Hooters, so while the kids played in the pool I headed to Gooding's to get his birthday cake, but the one he had eyed up earlier in week was gone, but I did manage to get him another plus they iced his name etc free of charge as well, but I had a hell of a job getting candles, even in Hallmark store next door they had every number but the number 4, so he ended up with standard candles and congratulation candles, when I got back to the room the kids where still at the pool, so it was decided that DW and DD would go ahead of us with cake to Hooters so that DS never knew what we had planned.Once kids back in room we all shower, change etc then while DS is in shower DW and DD head to Hooters, DS is told they are going to see the salon near Hooters for prices and we'll just meet them in Hooters.
KIds in Hooters
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:16 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
We order a 3 cokes, 2 beers, starter of cheese sticks and onion rings, DW & DS both ordered chicken strips and a side of curly fries to share, DD had cheese quesidalas, and I had Fish and chips, the fish was served in beer batter and melted in your mouth very nice, everyone else enjoyed their meals as well, total bill was $75 incl a big tip they brought out Dannys cake and everyone sang happy birthday to him, he was surprised and was glad that they didn't make him stand on the chair and do the hooters dance which he had saw happen earlier in week
Fish&chips

Chicken strips

Birthday cake

Birthday Boy

We all had a piece of cake then headed back to room it was WWE night and 9pm was the time for TV DS had chosen as it's his birthday trip, while he watched the wrestling we did some packing for our move on Friday, after the wrestling me and the kids watched a movie and in bed for 1:30am, it was decided that tomorrow was a rest day as couldn't face the parks and the crowds just yet, by rest day I mean some more shopping as DS had saw a jacket he wanted in Nike but he didn't get it at LBV outlets and they never had it at PO so it was back to LBV outlets
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

It looks like Danny enjoyed his time in Hooters (bet you did too!).

Disgraceful behaviour from the thug in the park
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Looks like the birthday boy had a wonderful time! My DD & I saw an incident when we were leaving the the car show in Jan. Two women having "words" after some jostling. They obviously didn't "get" the Disney magic!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Jeez ECV rage never a need !
Bet thats a bday ds wont 4get in a hurry

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 06:37 PM  
Link to this Post
grantasmic
VIP Dibber

Oh my - ECV rage! Good on you for reporting it to the CMs. Pity you didn't get a pic, though!

Looks like Danny had a great birthday.

Our 'Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA' 2006 Visit
Wild West Adventure - Cowboys and Canyons 2007
We should have gone home years ago!

grantasmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 06:55 PM  
Link to this Post

ECV rage! Shocking!

lol @ Jacquie snoring on the bus she's gonna love you telling us all about that

Sounds like Danny had a great birthday celebration @ Hooters, takes after his father
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 14 Apr 07, 07:13 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Thanks for the comments, should have been clearer though this was only his pretend birthday as he wanted to celebrate his birthday at hooters, on his actual birthday which is still to come on this trip, we have plans that are set in stone
Old 14 Apr 07, 07:27 PM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

another great day, ECV rage!:angry: i learn something new every day on dibbs
jayne
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List