Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Highlander JR Birthday Trip Day 15 part3

The Crew
Highlander: Age 40 :Chief Planner and Banker(I said Banker)
DW AKA Jacquie : Age ? : Chief Cleaner and Spender
DD AKA Stephanie : Age 16 : Main mission in life to spend
DS AKA Danny : Age 13/14 : Main mission in life Joker

Part 3 Makahiki Luau
Once I'm suitably refreshed, we head over to the Luau, we are one of the last to check in we get our free cocktail and the kids get a free juice, we follow the path around and find out they haven't opened the doors yet, after 5 minutes the doors open and the servers start showing you to your table we have table A5 which is right next to stage centre on, great seats there is another family seated with us but they keep themselves to themselves despite my best efforts of Scottish geniality, we get a salad to start which I like but no one else at table likes it, its called an Island salad, maderia type cake, lettuce and oranges
Island Salad

While eating our salads or not the show begins with a grand entrance of the performers in their regalia, then I believe he's called the Big Kahuna gave us an introduction and welcome to tonight's feast

The food is served family style and you can get the dishes replenished as they empty, the quality is very good and fresh, you also get free soft drinks as and when you require and there's a cash bar, the food is Mahi Mahi in Pina Colada Sauce (very tasty), Ribs in sweet and sour sauce,Hawaiian chicken, Polynesian fried rice and stir fried vegetable medley, and as I said delicious

The show itself is great with fire eating,fire juggling, drumming, dancing, really great show, Danny gets an extra garland as they ask who is celebrating their birthday, plus couples celebrating their anniversaries get an extra one as well, they take the kids who want to on stage to learn a dance.

Then its the adults turn as they look for 3 adult males and yes my kids and wife got me on stage with there pointing and as the guy was actually looming over us he couldn't miss them so up on stage I went, we where asked where we came from and our names, one guy was Georgia, the other Orlando, so I got a wow for all the way from Scotland, we where then shown a sort of stamping chant we had to do one at a time, then we where shown how to beat the drums and asked to follow the guy showing us, that was okay then the guy went and did it even quicker so we had no chance of following so I just belted out a good couple of hits, it was fun and must admit not that embarrassing but think that's the effects of the beer

highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 06:40 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Desert was the Big Kahuna, a pastry filled with a chocolate peanut butter type filling, when the waitress brought it out they had stuck a candle in his which was a nice touch, and the family in the next table wished Danny a happy birthday as well

The show finished about 10pm just in time to catch Mystify which is good, a pity its only on seasonally though, we get a taxi back to QII $12, DD gives Danny one of his presents to open but DW wont let him open his other presents till morning, DD gives him a brush for his new Timberland boots he's pretty pleased with it, he's want to know what we are doing Tomorrow as we still haven't told him, he knows we are going to BG and doing the tour but doesn't know anything else. Everyone is in bed by midnight extremely tired and satisfied
Some Luau pics, I know a lot ask what's the best dinner show and I'd say this is definitely up there and its not geared towards tourists just a dinner show with no gimmicks

highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 06:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Steve I would have loved to have seen you doing the stamping chant
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 06:57 PM  
Link to this Post
grantasmic
VIP Dibber

Wow! The luau sounds amazing! Food looks yummy, although have to admit I'm not sure about the Island Salad, either! What's with the madeira cake?

Good on you for 'volunteeering' to take part What a fun way to end your busy day!

Looking forward to tomorrow's report!

Our 'Right Down the Middle of Main Street, USA' 2006 Visit
Wild West Adventure - Cowboys and Canyons 2007
We should have gone home years ago!

grantasmic is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Lol good on you gettin up on stage Scotland always gets a cheer its great...food looks delish

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:09 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Originally Posted by grantasmic View Post
Wow! The luau sounds amazing! Food looks yummy, although have to admit I'm not sure about the Island Salad, either! What's with the madeira cake?

Good on you for 'volunteeering' to take part What a fun way to end your busy day!

Looking forward to tomorrow's report!
I'm pretty sure it was probably Cornbread, but it tastes like madeira cake

Originally Posted by Jools View Post
Steve I would have loved to have seen you doing the stamping chant
thanks Jools. I think
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:12 PM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
I am wondering whether to book this for ds birthday after DC . Was it expensive , and do you think little ones would like the show and the food ?
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:14 PM  
Link to this Post
Big Geo
Serious Dibber

Sounds Great Stevie I'll need to try it when I go in August
Aug 2007 WDW CBR/HRH
Sept 2010 Dibb Villa

Geo
Big Geo is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:18 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Originally Posted by carys View Post
I am wondering whether to book this for ds birthday after DC . Was it expensive , and do you think little ones would like the show and the food ?
I booked via the SW passport site so got good discounts and with exchange rate it worked out at £73 for 4 of us, u can tix here from tickets for fun think they are £20 per adult that#s what we did last year, I reckon little kids will like it as its very colorful they also have a kids menu but I don't know what's on that

Hi George
Old 23 Apr 07, 07:23 PM  
Link to this Post
Gaz
Imagineer

Gaz's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
thanks Steve, i am giving this place serious concideration for our August trip
Gaz is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List