Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 7 May 07, 04:18 AM  
Link to this Post

Orlando and further afield to Miami & the Keys Day3

Day 3 Sunday 6th May 2007 Spoodles and Epcot

I slept until 3.30 until I was woken up by Bill getting back into bed. He’d got up in the pitch black and couldn’t find the bed again until he crashed into it. We both tossed and turned a bit from then on. I got a text message from a friend at home at 4.30 and at 6.30 we got up. We both showered and got dressed. Bill fiddled about with his camera and laptop a bit and we had a walk around the resort. At 7.30 we drove to the Boardwalk as we were meeting Bob and Dawn there for breakfast at Spoodles at 9.

Bill wanted to go out early as he wanted to take lots of photographs with his new camera which he is still somewhat new fangled with. We arrived at the Boardwalk showed our DVC members card and photo ID and said we were going to Spoodles for breakfast. We self parked and walked to the Boardwalk. Bill took lots of photos on the way and we then sat at a table on the Boardwalk to wait for Bob and Dawn.

It was a lovely morning and I just love to sit and people watch so I was quite happy. Bill in the meantime fiddles a bit more with his camera.

Bob and Dawn arrived at 8.40 and we went into Spoodles for breakfast. Bill, Dawn and I all had the breakfast platter and Bob had something different (sorry Bob I never seem to remember what you had to eat). We spent a very happy hour or so hearing about Bob and Dawn’s holiday and just catching up with our friends. We then went our separate ways as Bob and Dawn were going to MGM for the morning before their flight home, and we went to Epcot as we had to collect the DDE card we’d card a few weeks ago from Guest Services there. It was getting very warm by the time we were in the park. We entered at the World Showcase entrance and had to go to Guest Services at the main entrance. We took a slow walk through World Showcase and exited at the other end of the park, where we spotted the Segway Tour on its merry way.

We had to queue for a short time at guest services for our letter to say we had paid for the DDE card. We then had to queue again to re enter the park. It didn’t take too long though. We were very hot by now so decided to ride Spaceship Earth for a rest and an opportunity to cool down. I really enjoy this attraction. It was the first one we ever did in Epcot many years ago. I remember being really scared at the very start when you go up that steep incline as I was certain it must have been a roller coaster. We came off Spaceship Earth and went to Club Cool for some free drinks. Feeling more refreshed now we walked back through World Showcase and exited the park again at that end. The friendship boat was just coming in so we took the lazy option and boarded the boat back to the Boardwalk. We walked to the self parking lot and then drove to Publix for some food and drinks to have at our villa. I also bough the Orlando Sentinel as I love to look through the Sunday edition as it has loads of sale leaflets and special offers at attractions such as Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy.

Bill was not feeling too well (and looked a bit peculiar too) so he went to bed for an afternoon nap while I started the trippies. I also popped into the Dibb Sunday night chat. To my amazement I didn’t have to wake Bill up as he managed to wake up and get up without my help. I’d finished days 1 and 2 of the trippie by then so Bill did whatever he does with it and the photos and posted it on the board.

We were getting hungry by 6 so thought we’d go to Uno’s as we really like to eat there. Just the same as last night as soon as we went out of the door the heavens opened except that this time there was also a lot of lightening. We went back into our villa and watched the storm from our balcony.

It was quite spectacular. When the rain had died off we again left to go and eat. The rain had left the evening really quite chilly and I requested the heater be on in the car (and me a hardy Northern lass at that).

We went to Uno’s on I – Drive, where Bill had windy chilli soup, and a pepperoni pizza, while I had pizza skins to start followed by a philly cheese sandwich. We both had soft drinks to go with it. Our server was called David. He was very attentive without being in your face IYKWIM but we were disappointed to see he wrote on the bottom of the bill that a gratuity was not included and worked out for us what it would be as 15% or 20% of the bill. When he came to take the payment Bill explained to him that we were very happy with his service and that we were going to tip him 20%, but that we would have done so even if he had not written that on the bill. David seemed very embarrassed and explained about their low hourly rate etc. Bill said he understood that and that we’d been going there for years but this has never been on the bill before and was it there because we are British? David said he always puts that on every check but we were not convinced by this. I felt that it really is a pity that some servers feel the need to do this. We will go back though and will ask for David to serve us again.

From there we went to Walgreens as Bill wanted some stuff (it really was his suggestion and not mine ). I was happy enough to go there. We also had a look around the Harley Davidson shop before going to the Premium outlets as Bill wanted to buy himself some of those rubbery plastic clog things. He reckons they will be dead comfortable in the parks. I think he has completely lost his marbles and had obviously had far too much sun. Anyway we couldn’t find the said clogs at the Premium outlet so will look elsewhere tomorrow.

Bill amazed me again by suggesting we went to DTD to the Comedy Warehouse and for a look around. I’m always the one who wants to go to Pleasure Island or Walgreens and this odd behaviour of his really had me puzzled. It was well after 9 by this time and I was feeling a bit tired so suggested we went back to Horizons for a drink at the pool bar instead.

Bill was happy to do that so back we went where I had a Malibu sunrise as the one(s) the day before had been lovely. Bill had a Bud then we headed back to the villa for the night.

Bill again did the technical stuff with the trippies and photos while I read my book in bed and soon fell asleep

Edited at 09:06 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 07, 08:00 AM  
Link to this Post

Great photos with Bills new camera! Glad to hear Bill was feeling better after his nap.
Old 7 May 07, 08:35 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another great day

Originally Posted by Dollar_Bill View Post
... I also bough the Orlando Sentinel as I love to look through the Sunday edition as it has loads of sale leaflets and special offers at attractions such as Walgreens and CVS Pharmacy. ...
LOL I'm glad I'm not the only one who likes doing this

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 07, 08:39 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Another lovley day, well apart from Bill not feeling too well.
We always get the OS on a Sunday too...

Lovely of you to pop into chat

He really must of had too much sun, even thinking of buying said shoes!
Old 7 May 07, 09:33 AM  
Link to this Post

Great day and pics, shame about Bill being ill and the storm - it's funny to compare it to Ste's live report with the same storm!
Old 7 May 07, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jonny
Imagineer

Great day, great pics
Sep 2007 - Marriott World Centre
July 2005 - Marriott World Centre
jonny is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 07, 10:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Great photos Bill, and good trippies Jools! Enjoying these - keep them coming.
Old 7 May 07, 10:42 AM  
Link to this Post
ticky15
Imagineer

love the duck sign... great trippie
Old 7 May 07, 11:27 AM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

great day love the photos
jayne
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 07, 03:24 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Sounds like you's had a really busy day. What a storm it turned out to be!

LOL at all of Bill's fiddling. He's not buying crocs is he?

Dawn