Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 May 07, 04:49 AM  
Link to this Post

Orlando further afield to Miami & The Keys Day 5 Sea World

Day 5. Seaworld and chilling by the pool.

I awoke at 4.30 and couldn’t get back to sleep so got up wrote up the trippie for day 4. by 6.30 I’d finished and had breakfast of Frosties and that lovely half and half milk you get in the US. I was pretty cold and getting sleepy again so got back into bed beside my warm as toast DH. I went back to sleep and we both got up at 8.

We never know what we are doing until the actual day dawns. Bill decided he’d like to go to Seaworld today so after breakfast (more cereal for me) we set off for the very short journey to Seaworld.

There were long lines to get in and we were both surprised at how busy it was. I was pleased to note that it was a lot warmer than it had been the day before, as we set off around the park. Our first stop in Seaworld is usually the Cypress Bakery but not today (well I’d already had breakfast twice).

We went straight to the Sealion and Otter show, which was as funny as ever. From there we walked around a bit before deciding we didn’t really want to be in a park and both fancied some time at the resort pool. So we went out again (thank goodness we have annual passes) and went to Super Target for some something for lunch. We bought some lovely French bread and some cheese, fruit and ice cream and went back to horizons. We had the bread and cheese and fruit and ice cream for our lunch. The ice cream was sooo yummy and only cost $4.50 for half a gallon. It’s Bluebell natural vanilla bean and tastes just like the green and Black organic we eat at home (which is also loads more expensive – fancy that).

As I’d finished washing up the dishes in the sink bill reminded me there is a dishwasher in the villa I’d totally forgotten about it as we no longer have a dishwasher at home so I’m not used to using one any longer (at least that was my excuse).

We went to the main pool where there was a live band playing and spent a couple of very enjoyable hours there alternating between reading our books and swimming. It was great to just chill out there.

We went in when the dark clouds drifted overhead. After a quick shower and change we got back in the car and drove to the Florida Mall as Bill wanted a filter (or something or other) for his camera. We went into Ritz cameras and Bill looked at the filter he was after. He was dithering about it so I told him to just get it. I knew if he didn’t we’d end up in loads of camera shops looking at filters and I’d be bored silly each time.  From there we went into Maceys where I got some Lancombe stuff as they had a great promotional offer on.

Feeling a bit peckish we headed off in the direction of I-Drive where we went to Unos for pizza skins, cheese sticks and steak sandwiches (and very nice it was too). It was after 9 when we left there. We went back to Horizons and to the pool bar where we had our daily alcohol (we never drink at home honest) and then off to bed

Edited at 05:33 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 07, 07:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Lovely picture of the pool at Horizons Jools,

Dawn
Old 10 May 07, 10:31 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Glad to hear it's warmed up for you

A lovely day.
Old 10 May 07, 11:14 AM  
Link to this Post
jandlsmum
Imagineer

good day
jayne
Cheyenne DLP November 16 and Feb 17 Aug 18
Santa Fe DLP January 19,November 19
jandlsmum is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 07, 12:15 PM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Good chill out day and shopping for camera gear.

Bob
Old 10 May 07, 11:43 PM  
Link to this Post

LOL Jools I do that with Steve - just buy the damn thing and stop your dithering so we can get the hell out of here! He always knows exactly what he wants so why he gets so flippin indiscisive when it comes to making the actual purchase I will never know!

Sounds like you both had another relaxing day
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 07, 02:19 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Your resort looks luvly...glad its warming up for you both

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 12 May 07, 02:46 PM  
Link to this Post
gail33
Serious Dibber

The pool looks really nice. It's amazing how much cheaper the food is compared to the UK.

Florida 1993, 2001,2007, 2014,2016
Las vegas 2005,2009,2011,2012
New York 2009,2011
Los Angeles 2005 San Francisco 2011
gail33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 13 May 07, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Nice day

Jodie
Old 14 May 07, 09:42 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A lovely relaxing day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List