Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 22 May 07, 05:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Orlando and further afield to Miami & the Keys Day 16

Day 16 Shopping, and a very unlikely story.

Saturday 19th May 2007

I really don’t like shopping (shock horror I know), but we felt we should jut get it over with so that we could enjoy the rest of our time on holiday. Our son, David had very thoughtfully sent me a pm via the Dibb with his wish list of stuff to bring back for him. He’d even sent photos of the t shirts he wanted from Hot Topic. He is such a good lad ;’. We went to Downtown Disney first of all to the Big Disney shop there to but gifts for our DD. That didn’t take us very long at all and so we set off for Festival Bay to Hot Topic. We got some things for David, but that’s all I can say as he may well read this before we get home. While we were at Festival Bay I became ill with an episode of Meniere’s disease, which I’ve had for years. It is a total pain as it makes me really disorientated, dizzy and sick. The only thing I can do is to go to bed and sleep it off, so Bill took me back to the villa where I went to bed and slept for a few hours. Bill in the meantime went back out and tells me he enjoyed looking around Best Buy, Circuit City and similar shops, which I would normally moan about so he was quite happy to be in them on his own.

I got up again late in the afternoon, and sat outside on the balcony for a while just listening to some music. Bill was keen to see Spiderman 3 that night and as I was feeling better by then, although still a bit shaky, that became the plan for the evening. We again had dinner in the villa, again it was pasta for Bill (he is so cheap to feed), pizza for both of us, followed by fresh fruit and ice cream. We then went to DTD to the cinema and bought tickets for the 7 pm showing of Spiderman 3. The auditorium was packed but we did manage to get two seats together. Now I have not seen Spiderman or Spiderman 2. It is just not my thing at all. I wasn’t sure I would like it and thought I could be in for a long evening being tortured by something I have no interest in. However, I have to say the film was enjoyable and I even followed the plot instead of allowing my mind to wander. I did feel though that it was a very unlikely story.

From Spiderman we went to the Comedy Warehouse (bet that surprised you). We went into the 10.15 showing and it was hilarious. The funniest show we’ve ever seen in there. At one point one of the comedians asked the audience for their most embarrassing experience. Well one man told his story about when he and his wife were hanging some pictures, and he decided to surprise her by wearing nothing but a tool belt. He stormed into their lounge in the said attire brandishing his cordless drill, only it was his mother in law he surprised rather than his wife. Well the cast made up a great song and dance routine for that one.

So after a not very good day (for me anyway) we went on to have a great evening. We went back to Fountains and were going to pack a few things to take to the Hard rock hotel the next day. We couldn’t be bothered though so just went to bed
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 08:24 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
I think we will have to try and get to this comedy warehouse you speak of
Old 22 May 07, 08:25 AM  
Link to this Post
gail33
Serious Dibber

It could be worse, my 18 year old daughter will be with us in Orlando and her favourite shop is Hot Topic, it's gonna cost a fortune.

Florida 1993, 2001,2007, 2014,2016
Las vegas 2005,2009,2011,2012
New York 2009,2011
Los Angeles 2005 San Francisco 2011
gail33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 08:29 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Sorry to hear you weren't well but glad you were better after a sleep

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 11:30 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Wot no photos?
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 12:02 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Still no pics Bill shocking this is lazy reportingreally good that u had pics of t-shirts your son wanted isn't it great how thoughtful kids are
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 12:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Oh they are so good Steve. Mind it was a lot easier finding the t shirts than it was to find the PS3 he asked us to bring him back the last time.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 22 May 07, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry to hear you weren't well Jools. And you don't like shopping
Old 22 May 07, 01:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Sorry to hear about your bad turn but at least you felt better for the evening.
Old 22 May 07, 05:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by gail33 View Post
It could be worse, my 18 year old daughter will be with us in Orlando and her favourite shop is Hot Topic, it's gonna cost a fortune.
Heh, I love Hot Topic (and am looking forward to seeing what my lovely parents have brought back for me at the end of this trip!), but I do feel that maybe I'm getting a bit old for their clothes now at 22! Especially when all I asked for was a few Mario T-shirts.