Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 May 07, 03:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Orlando and further afield to Miami & the Keys Day 18

Day 18 Islands of Adventure and loafing about

Monday 21st May 2007

We slept very well in the lovely soft bed at HRH and woke up at 9. We were up and showered and in the club lounge by 9.30, where for the second day running we had a very tasty breakfast of fresh fruit, cereals, and pastries – oh and toast of course. There has to be toast.

We went back to the room gathered our belongings and checked out. We left our overnight case with bell services and went straight out to IOA. It was a very hot morning and we again chose to walk to the park rather than take the boat to City Walk.

It was busy in the park as there were a lot of school parties in. We went to the Spiderman ride, as this would be the first time I’d been on it since actually seeing a Spiderman film. It took a while to get on the ride as it broke down just before we were about to board. It was fixed however so on we went. It’s a few years since I rode this one and it was very enjoyable. We then set off to walk around the park and just took in the sights and sounds (and Bill took loads of photos).

We left the park at lunch time and took the boat over to RPR (this may be the nearest we’ll get to a Disney cruise). We wanted to book 2 nights at RPR in January 2008, but were unable to as they did not know the room rates. We then walked around the pool area at RPR, both agreed we prefer it to the pool at HRH, and took the boat back to City Walk.

Then in was all aboard (well we were the only 2 aboard) the boat to HRH, we were collected our luggage and car and returned to the Fountains.

As I said it was a very hot day, so we went straight to the Fountains pool and loafed about on the sun loungers and swam in the pool until around 4pm. We had just returned to our room from the pool, when the phone rang and to our pleasure it was our son David. He had noticed we hadn’t been on the boards for a couple of days and was ringing to see if everything was all right. Ah bless him, he’s a good lad!

After talking to David we got showered and dressed to go out for dinner as we were very hungry as we hadn’t eaten since breakfast time. Hmm where shall we go we mused. We both opted for the Cheesecake Factory and set off for there. It was after 5 and the traffic was heavy but we were there in about 30 minutes.

Just as we parked up, woman in a blue mini parked beside us. Now this was a lovely mini, a really nice shade of blue with white wheels. We got talking to her (as we always seem to do) about her car, and ours and she said she was a member of the Mini owners club in Orlando. Maybe we’ll see if we can join it one of these days.

Anyway on with the trippie. We arrived at the Cheesecake Factory and were seated straight away.
Bill had a grilled cheese sandwich
I had steak diane. I must thank Fiona for recommending this dish. It really was delicious.

Bill then had Key lime cheesecake. I was too full for dessert.

We couldn’t quite decide what to do for the evening. Bill wanted to see the film ‘next’ at Pointe Orlando so we went there. However it had already started so we had to go to plan B (which didn’t actually exist). We ended up going in to see ‘Invisible’ instead. We thought we’d better get in early as we had difficulty getting seats for Spiderman 3. Well we were the only 2 in the auditorium for the duration of the film. The film itself was really strange and we wondered if it had poor reviews which would explain why no one else went to see it that night.

We then returned to the Fountains and had a drink on our balcony before turning in for the night

Edited at 09:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 07, 07:20 AM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1
Another great day and the food looks

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 07, 07:41 AM  
Link to this Post

Great photos Bill - particularly like the one of the Hulk.
Old 25 May 07, 07:50 AM  
Link to this Post

A good day, the Key Lime pie looks scrumptious.
Old 25 May 07, 08:12 AM  
Link to this Post
gail33
Serious Dibber

Yum, my favourite Key Lime pie!

Florida 1993, 2001,2007, 2014,2016
Las vegas 2005,2009,2011,2012
New York 2009,2011
Los Angeles 2005 San Francisco 2011
gail33 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 07, 08:32 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Thanks once again for the report.

Bob
Old 25 May 07, 08:47 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
another nice day, Cheescake Factory is now our favourite eatery (Bahama Breeze runs is close!) and well done Bill on managing a main and a desert, I have not managed this.

DD has a mini and I really like it, the coopers look fantastic but could only get her a one as the insurance is so expensive! Hers is black but I prefer the blue ones.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 07, 09:03 AM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Oooo a Mini owners club

George our DD has a black mini, I must say I prefer the black ones.

Another lovely day. I could just eat that cheesecake now.
Old 25 May 07, 09:34 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

We were in the Northumberland branch of the Mini owners club many years ago (when I had my mini sky in the early to mid 90's). I still have the t shirt but sadly that mini is long gone.

George mine is also the mini one, but Bill put some go faster chip or something in it, which has helped a lot
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 May 07, 01:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Iloveflorida
Imagineer

Mmmmm that food looks lovely I must try and go to the Cheesecake Factory next time I go.