Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Georgemac and Crew – Last Minute Tour 07 – Day 9

Georgemac and Crew – July 2007

20th July – 3rd August - Last Minute Tour – BIL came too!

Day 9 – Sunday 29th July – Chilling out, Adrenalina and Seaworld

Weather – Sunny morning, few showers in afternoon

This morning we had a few games of pool again, and a splash about in the swimming pool, having breakfast in the villa. At 12 PM we headed off to the Florida Mall, lot of congestion again on the I4, on arrival the boys headed right for the food court and we visited a few shops. We picked up a few bits and pieces, mall was very busy, but I had no luck trying to find Teva sandals which I have been looking out for as I had been told on the Dibb how comfy they are. When we got round to Adrenalina, the earliest booking for the surf simulator available was 5.30 PM, so we booked the 2 slots and luckily I had started to be charged and had signed my travellers cheque, as someone was also trying to book the slots on the other till - $15 each for a 30 minute session is good value. Tip – if going to this, it is very busy Saturday and Sunday – better to go on a weekday.
DW & DS stayed in the mall, BIL went and bought a pair of cool shorts for the surf simulator, and then BIL and I set off for Golfsmith at 4 PM, it is only 4 miles away according to the Sat Nav – however I must have clicked on the wrong waypoint and we ended up at a restaurant on Sand Lake road – ended up at Golfsmith at 4.20 and had a quick 25 minutes in the shop which looks excellent, bought an Ashworth windcheater jumper on sale for $30, golf polo and a dozen golf balls, headed back to the Florida Mall and arrived back there just after 5 PM. Golfsmith is beside the Mall at Millenia and I would liked to have spent more time there – I am not looking for new clubs at the moment, but picked up their flyer with their specials and they had Taylor Made RAC irons on offer at $299 per set!

The boys had a great time on the surfing simulator and we will be back here again before we go home, which sort of puts a dent in the proposed itinery for the rest of the week! Once the boys had changed we headed off to Lake Buena Vista to the Golden Corral, as BIL wanted to try an all you can eat buffet, it was packed, we had about a 15 minute wait in the line, but it was good and everyone enjoyed it, cost $56 for the 4 of us and left $7 tip, think it is 10% for buffet but can never remember.

Headed next to Seaworld, arriving there just after 8 PM, this is the last night we can use our 7 day 2 park ticket. No one at the parking booths (not sure what time they shut them) so parking was free. We slowly wandered over to Shamu stadium for the 9.30 pm show of Shamu Rocks, which again we really enjoyed. Was asked to fill out a questionnaire about Seaworld at Night so looks like they are reviewing what they are doing with the nightime shows. We are really glad we went back to see this show again. Exited the stadium about 9.50 and then it was really a mad scramble to try and find a spot to watch the fireworks show, mystify. We ended up in the wrong place really, on the wrong side of the water sprays so could not see the projected laser images. Pity because this looked to be a very nice show, the water fountains looked very attractive and the fireworks were good too. As usual busy trying to leave the park but got away with not too much delay and straight back to the villa. Everyone enjoyed their day.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 07, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Wet Windwood Bay

Adrenalina

Also Have some good videos of the boys on this
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 07, 12:10 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Shamu Rocks

Old 6 Aug 07, 12:26 PM  
Link to this Post
Sindysam
Imagineer

Wow shamu rocks looks fab, can't wait to go.
Old 6 Aug 07, 12:47 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report George Once again lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 07, 02:08 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Love your photos
Old 6 Aug 07, 04:13 PM  
Link to this Post

my ds wants to do the surf simulator he cant wait not bad price
Old 6 Aug 07, 06:22 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A long day
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 Aug 07, 10:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

When we were there Seaworld stopped charging for car parking after 6pm, I guess the amount of people arriving for the first time that day wouldnt cover the salaries of the staff on the toll booth

Jodie
Old 6 Aug 07, 10:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow love the Shamu Rocks photos. Sounds like the boys enjoyed Adrenalina - were you not tempted to have a go?