Lil_Missy
Imagineer

Lil_Missy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 4
The Totally Insane Sanity Solo Trip Report - Day 8

Today I am going home! YAY

Sorry I know for most people going home day is but for me it means I get to go home and see my Roger.

I woke early again today. Waited and waited until 6 so I could go for breakfast and have my last biscuits and gravy.

Came back to the room and finished packing. Worried loads that my bag was going to be overweight.

Spent all morning talking with Roger on the internet.

Then the guy came to take away my transportation. Really could have used it to get my luggage to the main building.

Carried on stressing over weight of case and if coach would come and get me etc.

Dragged my suitcase over to the main building and checked out. Asked if they had a weighing scales which I could use to weigh my case. They said yes over by Airline Check in. I had $40 credit on my room account because somewhere along the line they failed to charge me for a couple days internet access. Of course I had no problem with this LOL

I went over to the scales and weighed my case and it was just 43lbs which I knew was less then 23kgs so I felt a bit better about that. I was exhausted by dragging my case around (it does have wheels but still HEAVY) and it seemed the warmest in that building then I have ever felt it. I went into the shop and bought a $2 bottle of water. eeks that expensive. But was defo needed.

Coach came and we took the scenic route back to Sanford. I just wanted to get there. When we arrived at Sanford sod's law I went the wrong way and ended up at Domestic departures and so had to drag that heavy case all the way back up to international departures. Doh!

Found the first choice premium check in desk which just happens to be all the way down at the very end yay great for me with the heavy case. Not.

Got checked in and was even able to check in my laptop which was quite heavy to carry on as well. So through security I went with just my bumbag. I had to take my shoes off to go through security, what on earth is that for? Didn't have to do that on the way out.

With First Choice Premium you get free entry into the Royal Palm Lounge. I would recommend this to anyone. They have 2 telly rooms and in the first telly room there was x-men 3 playing but I had already seen that. There was nothing on in the second room so I went and looked in the book on the desk and asked them to put on Take the Lead which is a film I had recorded at home on the Sky+ box so knew I could see the end if I had to leave for my flight. I got a lemonade and sat and watched the film. At about 5:15 my flight was called for boarding rows 1-9 so off I went. I was in seat 5B.

On the flight I had the kid who decided he needed to have his seat all the way back in front of me and the guy who kept having to get up to go and visit his family in the back next to me. Great. When the food came out I had to nudge the kid in front to put his seat up so I could get my tray out. Heavens knows how he was planning on eating with his seat so far back he was practically laying down. Eventually though the guy next to me realised that the front row of seats was empty and so he went to sit there so I managed to get 2 hours of sleep on the flight.

Arrival into Bristol and the passport check was pretty straight forward but then we had to wait like 30 mins for our baggage to come off.

Finally I got to go through and see my Roger. It was just wonderful.

PS. Do not stop at Leigh Durham (I think that what it is called) services on the M4 just outside bath near Chippenham. It was extortionate. £25 for 2 breakfasts a tea and an orange juice. Reality jolt to being home after spending £2.50 for a full breakfast out there - and that was onsite!
Coronado Springs Resort October 2011 - QSDP Dining Report
Art of Animation October 2013
Lil_Missy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 07, 10:20 AM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Glad to hear you are back safely, and pleased to hear you liked Royal Palm lounge we have booked this for the first time.
Old 31 Aug 07, 10:45 AM  
Link to this Post

Glad you have arrived home safe and sound.

I have really enjoyed reading yout trip reports, thanks for taking the time to post the live reports.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 07, 10:59 AM  
Link to this Post

I enjoyed all your food piccies Toni. Oh except for the sausage gravy

Glad you enjoyed the trip. I thought you did really well to cope as well as you did on your own. A real confidence boost!
Old 31 Aug 07, 01:47 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
I have really loved reading your trip reports. Thank you so much for sharing your holiday with us.
Old 31 Aug 07, 01:52 PM  
Link to this Post

I really enjoyed yor trip reports. Despite some ups and downs you clearly had a good break.
Old 31 Aug 07, 05:33 PM  
Link to this Post
DisneyMadAng
Imagineer

Thanks for taking the time to post all about your trip. I know it's been said before but I'll say it again... I really admire the fact that you were brave enough to go on your own. I say that I'd like to but you know what? I'd be a right bag of nerves.
DisneyMadAng is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 07, 08:04 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Aww back to your wee huni and rip off Britain

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 31 Aug 07, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Glad you arrived home safe Toni, thanks for sharing your trip with us
I really enjoyed the read.
I will now look forward to your next one

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 3 Sep 07, 08:12 PM  
Link to this Post
Alyson
VIP Dibber

Alyson's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Really enjoyed your reports, glad you arrived home safe and sound into Rogers arms
Alyson is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List