Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 17 Sep 07, 07:31 PM  
Link to this Post

Beauties & The Beast Day 10 Magic Kingdom, Hilton GVC

Day 10 Saturday 15th September 2007. Magic Kingdom.

The girls had not been to MK before so the four of set off at around 8.30 in the hope of arriving pretty son after the park opened. We were in the parking lot just after 9 and at the ticket booths soon after that having taken the Ferry across the Seven Seas Lagoon. We were soon on Main Street USA which was pretty busy (well it was a Saturday in MK).

We turned off towards Frontierland and found it a lot quieter once we were away from Main Street.

Our first stop was the Jungle Cruise. Bill and I always find this a very corny ride, which is what makes it so good for us.

The girls thought it was great and fun was had by all of us. Next we wanted to go to Pirates. We waited about 15 minutes for this as the ride had broken down. When it was our turn the four of us were in the front row of our boat. Bill told Ali her feet would be soaked again as this was a water ride. Ali groaned at the thought of another soaking, but Bill was only joking with her of course.

From there we went to Tomorrowland. Bill was seriously flagging by this time and was in a great deal of pain with his sore knee and his still badly blistered leg from the mishap with the Harley Davidson a couple of days before. The girls got Fastpasses for Space Mountain, and were lucky enough to get Fastpasses for Carousel of Progress along with them (well maybe not that lucky ). We all went on the TTA while Vicky and Ali waited for their Fastpass slot. We told Ali and Vicky that It’s a Small World was an absolute must and to be certain not to miss it, they asked where it was etc so we made sure they knew where to find it. Bill and I then left the park.

We went back to the Fountains where we had sandwiches and ice cream for lunch. Bill was a bit the worse for wear so he went for a nap and I went for a swim in the pool. A couple of hours later I returned to the villa where Bill was just getting up again. As we were leaving the Fountains to check into the Hilton Grand Vacations Club(HGVC) - the one beside the Premium Outlets - we packed our belongings and left. Vicky and Ali would be staying on at the Fountains for a week after we had gone.

We traveled the short distance to the HGVC, and were soon checked in and allocated a very nice villa. Here are some photos.

This place is lovely, very posh for folks like us. It’s just a shame our view is of the parking lot – a bit of a downer after the lovely lake view we had just left behind at the Fountains.

Edited at 06:17 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 07, 07:32 PM  
Link to this Post

After looking around the villa we went across the road to Publix to get some supplies. It was getting on for 7 by this time and we were picking Ali and Vicky up at 7 at the Fountains to take them to the Car Cruise at Old Town. Ali likes motor bikes, but Vicky is a fan of American cars and was keen to go to the cruise. When we arrived at the Fountains there was no sign of the girls, so we just waited in their villa for them (as we still had a key). About 5 minutes later there was a knock on the door. Ali and Vicky had returned and neither of them had a key to get in. Just as well we were there then They had been in MK all that time and had thoroughly (well mostly) enjoyed their day. Vicky did say though that IASW was the worst experience of her life and she wanted to jump from the boat into the water and swim for it to get away sooner. Ali just though it was really funny. They were both very tired after their long stint in MK and no longer wished to go to the car cruise. This suited us just fine as we had still to unpack at HGVC.

We all ended up going to Pizza Hut on I-Drive, where we all had would you believe pizzas?

Ali and Vicky were pretty well exhausted, so we dropped them off at the Fountains shortly after 9. We went back tot he Hilton where we had a good look around the resort.

It has two lovely pools and I can just see us enjoying some time here. We then went back tot he villa where Bill uploaded some photos and posted the previous days trip report whilst I unpacked. We fell into bed at around 11.30 and both immediately fell asleep

Edited at 06:20 PM.
Old 17 Sep 07, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post

Great pool area
Old 17 Sep 07, 08:59 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

The Hilton looks lovely. Shame Bill's knee is playing up.
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Sep 07, 09:55 PM  
Link to this Post

Wow, the Hilton looks gorgeous and I'm drooling at those pizza photos!

Sorry to hear Bill's knee is still paining him.
Old 17 Sep 07, 10:29 PM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by SusieK View Post
Wow, the Hilton looks gorgeous and I'm drooling at those pizza photos!

Sorry to hear Bill's knee is still paining him.
Susie,
The Hilton is very nice, we have just come in from an afternoon at the pool. My knee is always going to be problem, so I do what I can then have to rest. Its just one of those things.
Bill
Old 17 Sep 07, 11:34 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Another lovely day, the Hilton looks gorgeous

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 Sep 07, 12:19 AM  
Link to this Post

All sounding good still - shame about dad's knee though. The abbreviations are driving me mad mind; what's IASW?

Also...

pretty son
I don't think so.
Old 18 Sep 07, 12:52 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Originally Posted by Highwind View Post
All sounding good still - shame about dad's knee though. The abbreviations are driving me mad mind; what's IASW?

Also...

I don't think so.
David you will only go mad and be whistling the tune all day when you find out.

IASW = Its a small world

Start your whistling now

Bob
Old 18 Sep 07, 12:55 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Highwind View Post

Also...

I don't think so.
Its A Small World, Totally wrist cutting stuff, Vicky agrees.
Dollar_Bill
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List