Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 Sep 07, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Beauties & The Beast Day 15, Epcot, Ming Court

Day 15 Thursday 20th September 2007.

The girls were going to Kennedy Space Centre today. We had no plans for the day so I allowed Bill to sleep until he woke naturally rather than my nagging him to get up. I was up at 7.30 and Bill followed me shortly after at 10.30. I had been wondering which of his ailments he would moan to me about – would it be his blisters and burns from the mishap with the Harley the other day or would it pain from his knee. Well it was neither of these things, instead he got up complaining of a migraine. So it was lots of pain killers for Bill and he went back to bed at 11.30.

I was undecided what to do. There is an access gate straight into the Premium Outlets right beside where our building at the Hilton and I thought about going shopping on my own. I got as far as the gate, but it was a hot hot day so I turned back again, returned to the villa and got myself ready to go for a swim instead. I walked the 5 minutes or so to the larger main pool as we had not been in that one. It was lovely there. There was some good music playing, and a great bar with very friendly helpful staff. I bought a Sprite (as I was diet coked out) and was surprised to find they do free refills. I’ve never come across this at a resort before. I was there for about 4 hours and had lunch at the pool bar – a very tasty steak sandwich with sweet potato fries. In all I had a very relaxing time, reading, swimming, eating and drinking. Ah I was born for this

I eventually returned to the villa where Bill had just got up (again). He was much better and we decided to pop into Epcot for a couple of hours. We got there around 5.30 and drove into the parking lot. We were right at the far end of the row (isn’t that always the case) so Bill said he’d move to see if he could get a space nearer the other end (as his knee was pretty bad). Well he ended up driving right out of the park so 20 minutes or so later we again entered Epcot This time I suggested he ask the nice parking lady if he could get a place nearer the entrance due to his mobility problem. He did, she was very helpful, and we were near the entrance. It must have only been about a 3 minute walk from where we were parked to the ticket booth. Well about 1 minute in to the 3 minute walk the heavens opened and we were soaked again. The best of it was by the time we actually reached the ticket place it had stopped again. Ah well never mind.

Bill was limping badly and mentioned hiring an ECV. I can be a bit of a tight so and so and said no as we would only be there for a couple of hours so we’d get a wheelchair and I’d push him. Boy did I wish I hadn’t had that bright idea. It was really hard work even though Bill propelled it with his arms most of the time. As we were going past guest relations we decided to pop in to see if we could eat at Nine Dragons as we fancied a Chinese. I didn’t really expect to be fitted in but was pleased when they said we could have a reservation for 8pm. We then went to Mission Space

and Test Track and rode them both.

As we were leaving Test Track Bill decided to get a photo of the Hummer on display there.

Just as he had his camera set up to his satisfaction the screen closed around the Hummer so he couldn’t get the photo. I wish I could have got a photo of his face when that happened as it was a picture – not that I laughed of course. The rides were closing as it was 7pm. We set off for World Showcase as we had our dining reservation, but once again the heavens opened and this time there was no let up in the rain. We thought about our reservation and realised we would have quite a hike back to the car from World Showcase (it would take even longer as Bill was in the wheelchair), so we decided to cancel our dinner reservation and have a Chinese meal at the Ming Court on I-Drive instead as we would be parked right beside the restaurant. I popped in to Guest Relations again and cancelled our reservation.

Edited at 06:29 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 07:06 PM  
Link to this Post

Then we made a dash to return the wheel chair and then get to the parking lot. There was quite a steep incline down to the wheelchair return place and the chair started to go really fast down it with me hanging on to the handles. Now I was wearing a pair of shorts that are really too big for me. I bought them for our last holiday in May and really liked them. However, I have lost weight since then and they are one possibly 2 sizes too big. The effect of running fast, the shorts being too big and heavy with the rain resulted in them actually starting to fall right down. I was screaming at Bill to try to stop the chair as I was losing my shorts. I had to take one hand off the chair to stop the shorts falling round my ankles. I just managed to grab one side of the shorts and hoist them back up. Then I heard a boy saying ‘mom I saw that ladies panties’ – oh the embarrassment That boy is very likely now scared for life after seeing my version of the Bridget Jones ‘panties’. We got back to the wheelchair place. I was crimson with embarrassment and he effort of running down the hill with Bill in the chair. Bill just thought it was the funniest thing ever. We then went back to the car, back to the Hilton to change out of our very soggy clothes and out again to the Ming Court on I-Drive.

We had a lovely meal there.

I had Mongolian beef with vegetable fried rice. I also had a passion fruit Daquiri, which was so moreish

Bill had, shredded beef with green peppers and vegetable fried rice.

This was my favourite meal of the holiday so far.

After our meal, it was still lashing down with rain so we just returned to the Hilton for the night, watched some TV before going to bed around 11 D

Edited at 06:30 PM.
Old 21 Sep 07, 07:51 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

lol at you nearly loosing your shorts
The meal looks really tasty, I could just eat that now
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 07:52 PM  
Link to this Post
Jaydee
Imagineer

Jaydee's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 14
Oh god Jools your shorts you poor thing.
Glad you had a nice meal at Ming Court it looks delicious

Jaydee is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 08:08 PM  
Link to this Post

Sorry Jools but that was so funny you flashing your "panties!" It sounded like a scene from a Carry On Movie Maybe someone filmed it and you will be starring on You Tube soon
Old 21 Sep 07, 08:13 PM  
Link to this Post
BevS97
VIP Dibber

BevS97's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 7

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 9
Guidebook Photos: 18
Guidebook Reviews: 7
too funny about the shorts, I am giggling away here
BevS97 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 08:29 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Oh dear jools chuckling away here, still I'm sure you remained dignified
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 08:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Maz
Imagineer

That is so funny, but I would be too!

I would have slapped Bill though!
1994 St Pete's Beach. 2000 Comfort Suites Maingate East/Clearwater. 2005 Clarion Universal 2006 POFQ/Homewood Universal. 2006 POFQ/Boardwalk Villas/RPR 2007 POR/Wonder Cruise/POP. 2008 BCV/Disney Panama Canal Cruise/GCH, DL. 2008 SSR/RPR/BC. 2009 SSR/BCV/Villa. Sept-Oct Magic B2B Cruises/SSR/BCV/Villa. 2010 SSR/Villa. Sept DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise. 2011 Jan-Feb DCL Panama Canal Cruise/GCV/Villa. 2011 Sept-Oct DCL WB Transatlantic Cruise/Villa
Maz is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Sep 07, 10:17 PM  
Link to this Post

Mother, you're not half showing me up on this holiday!
Old 22 Sep 07, 09:18 PM  
Link to this Post

It was so funny, I nearly crashed into a wall laughing so much.
Bill