Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mrs Highlander's Fabulous 40th Trip Day8

Mrs Highlander's Fabulous 40th Trip
Cast: Me:- Steve 40 something,paymaster general
DW:-Jacquie 40 soon will be something,
DD:-Stephanie 16 typical teenager,drama queen, princess (etc,etc)
DS:-Danny 14 (enough said)

Thursday 18th Oct IOA/USO/HHN RIP Tour

Up around 8 today rest of family just before 9 we all enjoy the breakfast in the lounge, quite a good selection on offer and all fresh, even the coffee was decent
some breakie pics

After all being suitably fuelled we head to IOA, first up is Hulk a few times for me and kids DW sticks to once,

storm force as I love seeing if I can make the kids throw up, but this time Danny and DW take a separate car so my little princess squeals away herself this time, and I believe old folks home was thrown at me a few times, we then do Spidey twice just because we can, then head to Bluto

all ready for a good soaking and horror its shut, so me and DS head to Dudley and must admit with the new lapbar's its a tight squeeze for us larger portioned gents, but me and DS get suitably refreshed while the ladies watch

onwards to Jurassic it was

DW sat JPRA out and DD as usual had her eyes shut as she hate dino's, DD was next where rode both and the express signs where much better than previous visits and only took 20 mins to ride both in total, we then met the crew of Sinbad

onwards we trooped after buying some gifts, it was Seuss Island next, first up was the trolley in the sky,

cat in the hat was down so that was IOA done for us apart from some more shopping in the Xmas store
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 07, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
After arranging for resort delivery for our shopping, the kids announced they where hungry so we headed to Pastamore where they got a slice and coke each, DW bought some more goods in the endangered store, we then caught the boat to PBH as DW had a Spa appointment for 1pm the boat drivers at the dock where pretty funny as they seemed to have a little comedy routine going with each other, they both then decided to drive our boat as they where both bored, the other driver they took over from was glad of the break though, once at PBH DW headed for spa while my cunning plan was foiled as the Thirsty Fish was closed

So the kids got me to take them to Universal, so off we trooped

MIB was our first stop and the normal Q was very long but thanks to FOTL we rode 4 times in 30 mins and I'm glad to say I won and my crown was restored we rode Mummy and browsed the Simpsons store

DD wanted to see BJ show as well so I decided to meet DW and meet them after the show but then it started chucking it down sheets of rain, kids decided to forget the show and we called DW and told her we'd meet her at the RPR as it turned out we ended up on the same boat going back to RPR as DW she said she had really enjoyed her massage, back at the hotel our room wasn't cleaned yet and in the lounge another guest was complaining about the same fact, we just chilled in the lounge for an hour reading a book, playing on computer and DS played his ds, some snacks where out as well

thanks to the lounge it really didn't bother us that room was not cleaned yet, DW and DD had a look in RPR store at clothes then they decided they wanted to head to IOA clothes store as well and they needed me for AP discount, we left DS in lounge with a phone and returned a few dollars lighter and he hadn't moved, evening eats where being put out nachos, buffalo wings, shrimp pasta cheeses etc, so we filled up apart from DD as very few veggie options, me and DS get ready for our HHN RIP tour, DW and DD are going shopping plus DD and DW are going for meal
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 19 Nov 07, 11:35 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Myself and Danny walk to HHN as the boat area is heaving, once at Universal it's bedlam also as I have a few treats for Bev(aka Phantom/Anna)security wont let us through with the goodies but thankfully when I explain to their supervisor we are allowed through, check in at RIP tour desk and explain I'd like to hand these gifts over dso they show us into park and how to get back into tour, Bev is working lost and found I use the term working loosely Bev's disappointed that DW and DD aren't with us as we wont have another chance to meet up this holiday with her schedule
pic of Bev

Bev was kind this time as she never teased as she does normally over my accent or even over my head gear, after leaving Bev we head back to the tour area, theres a bar so DS get's a coke and I insist the barman gives me a cocktail of his choosing he makes me a proper margretia he's say's before it was fashionable and I must admit its pretty strong, hes quite a good barman, and I never saw any irresponsible drinking at all

while I'm carrying on with the bar guy DS says aren't we meant to check in at that desk outside, so I meander over and turns out he's right and our tour guide is actually waiting for us, our tour guide is Chris and she spots the dibb lanyard and says the dibb I'm a diser I point out so am I and turns out Chris is notatourist a regular poster on the universal boards, hugs are exchanged people look at us strangely well more strangely than usual, Chris trys to explain the dibb etc the looks get weirder so onwards we go, now as for the tour I never took pics plus very few notes, but I can say Jaws at night great, Mummy back door entry better than FOTL, Bill and Ted totally awesome dude (Britney rocks), Rocky Horror I embarrassed son with dancing shouting and I was worse during the show as was Chris, also yes I was partaking in the jello shots, we had a great night, the park was heaving, our group was good fun our guide was excellent DS got me back in room after midnight where I woke the wife up to tell her what she had missed
Old 20 Nov 07, 09:47 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A very full day Steve - looks great - bet Jacquie was delighted not to have to wait until the morning to hear what a good night you'd had!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 07, 10:58 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
Another really busy day. Poor Jakki being woken up

I hope you took some empty suitcases for all the shopping you have been doing.

Caron
Old 21 Nov 07, 02:43 AM  
Link to this Post

It all sounds great!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 07, 05:03 PM  
Link to this Post
ClaireB
Imagineer

ClaireB's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 5
Restaurant Reviews: 12
Sounds like a good day & night
Old 25 Nov 07, 11:39 PM  
Link to this Post
Carol_G
Imagineer

Carol_G's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3
Restaurant Reviews: 22
We loved HHN too although we didn't do the tour. Great time and great report

xx
Carol_G is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 07, 09:53 PM  
Link to this Post

Wish I had done the RIP tour. I loved HHN it was great.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 07, 10:11 PM  
Link to this Post
anfield05
Imagineer

anfield05's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 8
a great day steve,fab pics
HILTON BONNET CREEK MARCH 2014
ANIMAL KINGDOM LODGE SEPTEMBER 2017
anfield05 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List