Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
Mrs Highlander's Fabulous 40th Trip Day9

Mrs Highlander's Fabulous 40th Trip
Cast: Me:- Steve 40 something,paymaster general
DW:-Jacquie 40 soon will be something,
DD:-Stephanie 16 typical teenager,drama queen, princess (etc,etc)
DS:-Danny 14 (enough said)

Friday 19th Oct USO/SW/Dine with Shamu

Despite what some may term a hang over I was still up first at a little after 7, after dressing etc I grabbed coffee and bagel from the lounge and decided to head to Universal as I had a gift I wanted to leave for Chris our guide last night, now this gift was of the alcoholic in nature and I suspected that I may have a few problems getting it by security etc which is y I was going early , the usual bag check at the boat but he never asked what was in the box so result for me, the driver was the young guy we had yesterday to the PBH and he was still in fine form this morning, once at Citywalk I headed to guest services told them who gift was for etc. and off I went, got same boat back to RPR, the driver said wow FOTL really is great , but I explained the reason so he was calmed down somewhat, once back at RPR I wake up the gang to get breakfast once suitably stuffed the kids decide rather than a full day at SW they want to do shows in USO and rides then go to SW, so we get the boat over to USO the driver realises that he had took us to PBH yesterday and jokingly demands to know why we are now at RPR, DW explains she was using the spa so he proceeds to prance up and down the line of people in a camp walk and voice saying ooh we have a lady on board, luckily for DW the line isn't that long but she does blush while we all laugh, I then show him my bag again and he says seriously dude I let u go before so if it ain't sharp or goes bang your good , once at the dock as I'm walking of the boat he shouts out me dude you got my cell just call me when your going back I'll be right over , and I have to say seriously this is what Disney lacks now with the bus drivers on a taped journey,
Our first stop is MIB we ride 4 time and DS is not a happy bunny and refuses to ride again as his gun is broke

Jaws and Mummy are done again and we see the Horror Make-up Show which is as good as ever, more shopping some only browsing though, we walk back to hotel get juices from the lounge and get a taxi to SW, once at SW we check in for the dine with Shamu buffet and we are shown where to meet on the map and given a time
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 07, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Now I enjoy SW just for relaxing so we always take this park at a slow pace and today was no exception, we only saw 1 show the Clyde and Seamore Show

the rest of our time was spent drinking the beer,

and enjoying the park, in the Budweiser store I was accosted by a stranger from England a nice chap who spotted the dibb lanyard and he had recently joined the board I did ask his username but I didn't understand his accent and didn't want to ask again so sorry dibber but hello, the park was done up very nicely for Halloween

DW also fed the stingrays

Danny decided to try the rock climbing and other extreme sport on offer only $9 for both with passport, DD chickened out and moi wasn't even in the picture

we headed over to the Shamu area a little before 4 and showed our tix to get in, we had a great table at the front, but to be honest its very cramped and was very awkward for a buffet as it was pretty inconvenient to get in and out, our server was the dourest person I've ever had the misfortune to meet, we got one drink each and never saw her again apart for when it came time to look for a tip, dishes where allowed to pile up and only seemed to be cleared as a last resort, the food its self was very good great desserts and okay main courses, but overall for us it was our poorest dining experience at SW and made worse by fact DW is sure that's where she left camera bag yet it was not in their lost and found, overall we where in and out in 50 mins and we where not the first to leave

We headed back to RPR via gift stores,

once back at RPR kids changed for pool, while myself and DW relaxed in lounge we never bothered with the food as we had just eaten but I did partake in the wine, rest of evening was spent in resort relaxing early night all in bed for midnight, myself and Danny are up at 6 for the Old Firm match, if only we knew then what we know now
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 20 Nov 07, 08:26 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Some food pics from the RPR lounge

Old 21 Nov 07, 02:48 AM  
Link to this Post

Its a shame you didnt enjoy dine with shamu as much as we did, but we had a really good server which probably makes a big difference.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Nov 07, 09:48 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Those cakes look good in the lounge Steve!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 26 Nov 07, 10:55 AM  
Link to this Post
BarryandCaron
Imagineer

BarryandCaron's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 15
We found the seating in Dine with Shamu very cramped as well, my Mum had to move every time the family next to us wanted to get out From your pics it looked liked you were sat in a similar place to us. We did enjoy the food though

Caron
Old 27 Nov 07, 12:36 AM  
Link to this Post

Originally Posted by highlander447 View Post
... , myself and Danny are up at 6 for the Old Firm match, if only we knew then what we know now
I know what that as! Being a huge Rangers fan - I have to say I was happy that day...even though I was in a damp cold Scotland! DH and DS huge tic fans which made it even sweeter

I also read from an earlier report that you watched Scotland getting beat...not a good holiday football wise then We were out last October when Scotland beat France

Really enjoying reading your reports...as I always do.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 27 Nov 07, 12:40 AM  
Link to this Post
carys
Imagineer

carys's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3
ooooooooooooh i wonder who the dibber was ?
Old 11 Dec 07, 10:14 AM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Another good day, pity about the dining experience at SW, food looks good in the club lounge though.
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List