Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 25 Jan 08, 05:27 AM  
Link to this Post

Is it 2009 Already? 23/01/08 -Mostly Shopping

Day 12 Wednesday 23rd Jan 08 – Mostly shopping and losing photos

Weather today, very warm 75 degrees, very sunny.

We (well Bill not me) slept late this morning and it was after 10 when we ventured out for the day. I continued my recent trend of acting out of character and suggested we shop today (I normally hate shopping). I had an ulterior motive though as I wanted to go shopping for baby things for our first grand child (a girl) due on April 1st. So it was off the very short distance to the Premium Outlets. We discovered they have much of the car park dug up at the Premium - at the end beside the Levi Outlet, which is where we usually park, so we went round to the parking beside the Nike place. Bill drove past loads of empty spaces until he came to the busiest part of the parking lot and then was not happy because there were no spaces there – he always does this goodness knows why. Eventually we parked up and went to Carters, the baby clothes place. I was just in my element in there and bought loads of gorgeous stuff.

Bill did not share my enthusiasm and went to sit outside.

When I came out laden with bags he asked how I’d taken so long – men eh? I was no longer than an hour in there and it was payback time for all those boring Circuit City visits I have had to endure

I have had a horrible sore throat and earache for the last few days and it was getting worse. I’ve had this on and off since the beginning of December, and mentioned that maybe I’ll go to the doctors when we get home. ‘I’ve got some antibiotics you should take them’ announced Bill the drug baron. He’d had some dental work carried out the day before we left for Florida and the dentist prescribed them for him in case of any infection when he was on holiday. I wouldn’t normally take anything prescribed for anyone else but was willing to try anything, it was only amoxicillin that I’ve had loads of times in the past. So we went to the food court for a drink, and for me to take the tablets which Bill had on him with all of his other drugs
We then went into one of the perfume outlet shops where Bill bought some of the lovely Tommy Bahamas fragrance he likes (I also love it and so does our boss who often tells me how good my DH always smells). We left the Premium and were both happy with our purchases.

We decided to go for lunch somewhere, we didn’t want to eat a lot, so where better than good old Johnny Rockets? We went to the one at Pointe Orlando, where Bill had his usual, grilled cheese sandwich and a Root Beer float, and I had cheese fries and my usual, chocolate peanut butter shake – mmm very tasty. We left and Bill took some photos around Pointe Orlando, mainly of the new restaurants that have recently opened.

Bill was still after some photos from the Sky Tower, as we didn’t get any the other day when the tower closed after we arrived. So it was off to Sea World again. We were in luck as the Sky Tower was open. It was a very sunny clear day and we had great views of the park and also of Aquatica and Bill was soon merrily snapping away with his camera. Happy that he had lots of good shots we left the park again and returned to the resort. We went to the smaller pool as it is quiet there, and Bill was soon snoring gently in the sun. When we returned to the villa Bill tried to upload the photos he’d taken earlier, but was just getting a message ‘file not recognised’ which meant the photos were lost so we’d have to go to the Sky Tower again (good job we like going on it)

Later on Bill asked what I wanted to do in the evening, I would normally opt for City Walk or Pleasure Island, but this time I wanted to go to the Prime Outlets for more shopping.

We had a good look around, there seemed to be a lot more shops open than there were when we were there in September. There is also a Carters’ at The Prime Outlets, so I had to go in (Bill again sat outside). I got more bargains and was really pleased with all the baby things I’d bought that day. Bill reckoned he’s be good for another visit to Circuit City because he’s had such a hard day at the shops Hmm we’ll see.

After the latest shopping extravaganza (and believe me it was by my standards) we headed back to the villa via Publix, where I bought some Tylenol and some shower soothers for my cold/blocked nose. I had an early night while Bill stayed up a bit later watching his ‘Heroes’ DVD’s.

Edited at 11:12 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 08:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Bob_and_Dawn
Imagineer

Bob_and_Dawn's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Yes, I agree Bill does look bored...LOL

Bob
Old 25 Jan 08, 09:00 AM  
Link to this Post

A great day shopping. I love Carters the clothes are beautiful. Your grand daughter will be the best dressed baby in the North East
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 09:02 AM  
Link to this Post
Betty_Boop41212
Imagineer

Betty_Boop41212's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
My kind of day, filled with shopping lol

Sept 2003,Sept 2004,Aug/Sept2006- Wedding
Sept 2009, Jan 2011, Sept 2012
Sept 2015, 3 long over due
Betty_Boop41212 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 09:16 AM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Betty_Boop41212 View Post
My kind of day, filled with shopping lol
Ditto ! Cant beat getting bargains Jools

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 01:26 PM  
Link to this Post
georgemac
Imagineer

georgemac's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 8
Sounds like a really good day and perhaps Bill will be converted from gadgets to baby clothes when the 1st grandchild arrives. My dad doted on ours. (Still does)

Hope your earache and pain disspears with Bill's drugs.

I quite like shopping exept when the shops are packed - today sounds like the kind of day I liked. Quite worrying the file type not being recognised off the camera memory card?
1997 Airtours, 1999 BA Best Western LBV, 2001 Westridge Villa, 2005 Westridge Villa (Trip Report)
georgemac is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 02:26 PM  
Link to this Post
wjd
Imagineer

wjd's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
What a fab day, full of shopping.

Forget the Prince on a horse, I want a VAMPIRE with a volvo.
wjd is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 03:09 PM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Oh Carter's - my favourite place. I was gutted when DD got too ig to be dressed from there!

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 03:50 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by truesdpr View Post
Oh Carter's - my favourite place. I was gutted when DD got too ig to be dressed from there!

Pam.
I didn't realise just how lovely the clothes and bedding are in there. I was surprised to find it elsewhere too, in Walmart and Macey's.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jan 08, 05:42 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by georgemac View Post
Sounds like a really good day and perhaps Bill will be converted from gadgets to baby clothes when the 1st grandchild arrives. My dad doted on ours. (Still does)

Hope your earache and pain disspears with Bill's drugs.

I quite like shopping exept when the shops are packed - today sounds like the kind of day I liked. Quite worrying the file type not being recognised off the camera memory card?
The camera battery was getting very low, to around a couple of minutes life left, so maybe there was too much of a drain at the wrong time and corrupted the files. I have formatted the cards and both work fine again. Just one of those things, luckily it happened when we had the chance to go back and re-do the photos.
Bill
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List