Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time - The Preshow

As we have been back a full month now and I have just this minute finished uploading all the photos to photobucket, thought now would be as good a time as any to start the Trip Report. I did one last time and enjoyed reading it before we went this time, it's amazing what you forget about your trip, there are some things would like to forget about this one but, like having a baby you forget the pain and it's just happy memories.

When we came back from our last trip in 2006 we realistically figured it would be about 2009 before we returned, however after sadly losing my Dad in October 2006 we decided life was to short to put off a visit, also ironically Dad left us financially secure enough to afford a visit in 2008 and as he loved holidays himself we knew he would approve of us using some of the money to visit our favourite place in the world.

I booked flights accommodation and transfers with a company I've used lots of times in my former life as a Travel Agent. Flights with Continental Airlines from Glasgow via Newark, the first 4 nights at the Quality Inn Plaza on I Drive where we stayed last year followed by 10 nights at the Sheraton Safari in Lake Buena Vista. I booked the attraction tickets through American Tickets Direct. Booked some ADR's and dibbed loads on the run up to the holiday.

Better introduce us - Me Emma, the Dibber and planner aged 40, Jim, my DH, just turned 43, rolls eyes a lot at all the planning I do but appreciates the benefit, big kid at heart he loves Winnie the Pooh and rollercoasters, Kirsty my DD aged 8, can be a real madam and can talk the hindleg off Eeyore who is ironically her favourite character although Pluto proved a big hit on this visit too, she is an adrenalin junkie and was thrilled to be tall enough for Rock n rollercoaster but had a face like a smacked bum when she didn't meet the height requirement for Kraken and finally James DS aged 4, he did so much more on this visit than last time and conquered his fear of the characters, his very favourite thing was shooting Zurg (Buzz Lightyear ride)

When I wrote up my trippie last time I was unable to post photos, now I can so here are a few of the trip in 2006

Kirsty at the Blue Lagoon in Iceland on our stopover

Jim and the kids outside Race Rock

Me and the kids with Barney - he doesn't feature in this trippie - phew !

Kali River Rapids - you will get wet !

James's only character encounter at Disney last time - they scared the pull ups off him !

If you're still with me, hopefully I won't bore the pants off you ! Day 1 will follow shortly

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 06:09 PM  
Link to this Post
floridianfairy
Apprentice Imagineer

Looking forward to reading day one!Our ds is 8 and was born in Alexandria in the good old days!when you could have your babies there!

Enjoying WDW & Universal holidays since 2004
POR,GF twice, Poly, OKW 4 times, PB, HRH twice and the WA
GF & HRH May 2023 just the two of us!
floridianfairy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 06:11 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Kirsty was born at the Vale of Leven Hospital, had to have James at the Queen Mums in Glasgow, much preferred VOLH !

Emma
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 06:20 PM  
Link to this Post
DizneyBlonde
Imagineer

Woohoo another trippie to read.

Great startt,looking forward to the next one.

Just finished all mine so i know what hard work they are.

3 Kids hit Disney 2007 Trippie Index

3 Kids and a 40th at My Castle - Pre trippie
DizneyBlonde is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 May 08, 06:38 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Another trippie great ... looking forward to reading the rest

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 10:35 AM  
Link to this Post
pixie family
Excited about Disney

Emma,Beth and i enjoying reading this and she cant wait till we do ours!
cant wait to read the rest
Mary x
pixie family is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 12:56 PM  
Link to this Post
TinkTatoo
Imagineer

TinkTatoo's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 1
Guidebook Photos: 9
Guidebook Reviews: 1

What a great photo :thumb

Looking forward to reading more about your trip

TinkTatoo is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 01:35 PM  
Link to this Post
sueh6
Imagineer

sueh6's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
Enjoying it so far, looking forward to Day 1

'Life is not about the number of breaths you take, rather the number of moments that take your breath away' 1999 - Grosvenor Resort 2004 - Lake Berkley Townhouse 2006 - Lake Berkley Villa & HRH 2008 - POR & RPR 2011 - OKW, HRH & HGVC International Drive 2012 - HGVC Seaworld & Royal Pacific Club Level
sueh6 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 18 May 08, 01:38 PM  
Link to this Post
ely3857
Imagineer

:)

Originally Posted by sueh6 View Post
Enjoying it so far, looking forward to Day 1
Me too!

Jodie
Old 18 May 08, 02:37 PM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

I'm looking forward to these. I really enjoyed your last set of reports. Your photo of Kirsty at the Blue Lagoon is lovely
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List