theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 12
Going back to do what we missed last time Day 14 MK

The Cast; Me Emma 40 Relieved that the holiday has gone to plan
DH Jim 43 Going back to work for a rest
DD Kirsty 8 Wants to stay forever
DS James 4 So do I

Day 14 Tuesday 15th April 2008 Magic Kingdom

Today was our last full day which meant a full day at Magic Kingdom our favourite park. I had booked Crystal Palace for breakfast so that we could get in the park early and get lots of rides done, the plan being that we would go back to the hotel for a rest and come back later for the evening parade and fireworks.

The kids were very excited at the thought of breakfast with their favourite Winnie the Pooh characters and jumped out of bed at the crack of dawn, bright eyed and bushy tailed.

- did they heck

That's James on the left - we dressed him without him waking up, Kirsty's feet on the right.

Am seriously going to have to improve these two's stamina before the next trip !

We eventually got out of the room around 7 with James draped over Jim's shoulder. We got a taxi to the TTC and made our way over to the monorails, we could only get a resort one which went via the Polynesian and the Grand Floridian. It kept stopping and starting due to maintenance checks and seemed to take forever, there were quite a few people stressing that they wouldn't make their breakfast reservations.

Once in the park, we got a stroller and made our way to Crystal Palace for our 8.00 ADR. Got there a little late but blamed the monorail . It wasn't a problem and we had a very short wait before we were seated. This was our first visit to CP and our first impressions were very good, we liked the surroundings better than Chef Mickeys. As Piglet was close by we decided to meet him before getting our food.

Tigger was close behind, so we waited for him

I snuck in for a cuddle too

We were definately ready for food next, I didn't note down what we all ate, but I do remember there being lots of choice and everything I had was delicious.

There was a parade next, the kids joined in behind Pooh and the parents held up their napkins to be the trees as they paraded past.

After the parade we met Pooh

He's Jim's favourite so he got in on this one

Then it was Kirsty's favourite, Eeyore

We left just after 9, taking this photo in the entrance.

We thoroughly enjoyed our breakfast at Crystal Palace, the food and character interaction were good, would come back for sure.

Out of the restaurant, rides were open and the park was still quiet, so made our way to Fantasyland, we walked straight onto Peter Pan which the kids enjoyed much better this time - having seen the film since our last visit. After that Kirsty and James wanted to do It's a Small World. Jim has a problem with this ride, having a phobia for all things twee and refused to go on, so he was dispatched to the Winnie the Pooh ride to get fastpasses while I took the kids on. One sugar overload later - Kirsty asked if she had to go on this next time and was relieved when I said no, she could wait with Dad - ahh, my little girl is growing up, she loved this ride when she was six. James liked it a lot.
We came off the ride and there was no sign of Jim, he said he would wait out of earshot of IASW and had signalled (so I thought) in the vague direction of the carousel, so we walked up there, no sign there, went to where we had left the stroller and it had gone, so went up to the WTP ride in case he had had a problem getting Fastpasses - no sign of him there. To cut a long story short, half an hour later had still not found him and walked back to IASW and saw him walking towards us, we were both fuming as we both thought we had been waiting in the right place and we were both annoyed that we had wasted valuable ride time. I took the kids for a restroom break so that we could both cool down and not put a downer on the last day. We decided to do Haunted Mansion as Jim really likes this and I had missed this one last time due to James bailing out.

Love the gravestones

I know everyone's probably seen that one a million times but it does make me laugh.
There was only a 10 minute wait posted but it was less, James was fine this time, he had asked if the ghosts were funny and once he was told that they were he was alright and he laughed at our hitchhiker !
When we came out we had our photopass picture with the ghost (will post my photopass pictures separately when I can figure out how to download them ).

Continued ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 08, 06:01 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Restaurant Reviews: 3

theDIBB Guidebook
We got chatting with CM who asked us whether we remembered the Wind in the Willows ride with Mr Toad. Jim and I did on our first visit pre kids and he showed us Mr Toad's statue in the pet's grave yard which was put in when the ride closed.

We had all cheered up now and headed back to Fantasyland, Snow Whites Scary Adventures was a walk on and none of us had done it before, so on we went and laughed as our little wagon was called Dopey - how appropriate !

Next we used our WTP fastpasses and laughed at Jim who really should have had a restroom stop too and was bursting, he wasn't keen on bouncing with Tigger ! When we got off the ride, Jim went off to visit the restroom and told us to wait in the shop and do not move. We were pleased to do so and spent loads of his money while he was gone - Ha !

Fantasyland done to our satisfaction- we still haven't met Ariel in her Grotto yet, but we have to leave something for next time, we made our way to Toontown. Goofy's Barnstormer was only a 5 minute wait, so we went on. Kirsty and James rode together and Jim and I squeezed in behind them. James screamed the whole way round - with joy I hasten to add.

I think that the face is because he wanted to go straight back on and we said no.

Next a tour round Mickey's house, Minnie's house was closed for refurbishment, she had the painter's in

Couldn't believe that Mickey hadn't finished decorating his kitchen yet, am sure in the same state when we came last time

Toontown done to our satisfaction we took the shortcut to Tomorrowland. Surprise surprise, James wanted to shoot Zurg, so we checked out the queue - 40 minute wait, so we got fastpasses for roughly half an hour later.
I suggested Carousel of Progress as we have never done this and was pretty sure there wouldn't be a queue - there wasn't. I enjoyed this although you probably wouldn't want to go on it more than once a visit. James liked the seats moving round - easily pleased, Kirsty loved the voice activated oven in the last scene and Jim thought it was a nice sit down out of the sun - in other words, he wouldn't rush back.
We still had plenty of time before we could use our fastpasses, so we thought that we would check out Monsters Inc Laugh Floor - notice that they abbreviate this as MLF . It was showing a 20 minute wait but was more like 15. This was a lot funnier than I was expecting and the people that were picked on contributed to that, they really played along. Luckily we weren't !
After the show we went to Buzz Lightyear, was still completely rubbish at this, the ride photos were funny, we all looked so serious.
Before we left Tomorrowland, I got 4 fastpasses for Space Mountain for 5.05pm - 6.05pm. Didn't know if James would ride but got him one just in case.
We made our way to Main Street and got hotdogs and fries at Casey's Corner, there was nowhere to sit so parked ourselves on a kerb and listened to the pianist as we ate.
We had a quick look in the shops then returned the buggy. Caught the monorail back to the TTC and got the 2.15pm bus back to the hotel. I took the kids up to the room while Jim went across to the shops - still in search of something warm to wear for the fireworks tonight. I managed to get the kids to lie on the beds and watch some telly, while I got some packing done. Jim came back with Cheetos and Reeces pieces but no hoody, so I offered him the loan of one I'd bought for myself - it had Grumpy on it, so wasn't girly. This time he accepted - did offer it the other nights too.
We had a cuppa and reconfirmed our airport transfer for tomorrow. Between us we packed the majority of the stuff.

Refreshed - well the kids were, we caught the 4.30 bus back to the TTC and this time caught the ferry, it was chilly now.
We rode upstairs on the ferry for the first time. Once we got in the park we got a stroller and headed for Mickey's Dream Come True show
a first, it was Cinderellabration last time.

I quite liked the moving mouths and eyes

After the show, took some photos,

We then went to Space Mountain to use our fastpasses, James said that he wanted to ride and he made the height requirement OK. I wasn't sure that he'd like it but thought we'd might as well let him try it since he wanted to. I made Jim sit behind him so he could put his hands on and reassure him if he needed too. I had forgotten how fast and twisty this ride is and James squealed from the moment it set off to the moment it finished. Worried that my boy would need years of therapy I asked him if he had enjoyed the ride. He gave me a beaming smile and said it was great - he didn't ask to go on it again though ! We had a look in the shop and got Kirsty a High School Musical Mickey to go with the HSM Minnie she had bought earlier in the holiday. She was delighted.
We didn't have a plan of action, so wandered onto Buzz Lightyear for James, he loves this ride so much that he went into a massive sulk when we said we couldn't go on it again as we wanted to explore another part of the park. He said that he would find another family (he obviously forgot this didn't work last time) and trailed behind us for a while. We crossed the bridge into Adventureland and decided now would be a great time to have another first. Thank you Dibb, without you I would never known about Pineapple Dole Floats.

Continued for Dole Float photo ...
Emma Y is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 08, 06:15 PM  
Link to this Post

What a lovely way to spend your last day. Lovely pics. Sounds like you had a great holiday
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 Jun 08, 06:30 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook

Yummy and all mine !
Jim had one too and the kids had chocolate Dole Whips

Needless to say James's mood improved considerably !

This is where you buy them from !

We explored the Swiss Family Robinson tree house next. James and Kirsty turned back into Peter Pan and Wendy as they made their way round, looking out for pirates when they got to the top.
Having defeated the baddies and avoided the crocodile, we decided to try Aladdins flying Carpet. It was a 10 minute wait, James and Kirsty rode in the front with the controls - big mistake. After a couple of circuits, the ride broke down, we sat for quite a long time while they fixed it. Once we got going again, James took the controls and wouldn't let Kirsty have a shot until the ride was finished.
We decided to have a look in the shops for a bit and went into the one near POTC as Jim had seen a T shirt he wanted, we bought James a Mickey pirate set which he cuddled in the box for the rest of the evening. We decided to head for Main Street to find a spot for Spectromagic.

Cheapskates double buggy

We found a spot then left Jim to guard it with the stroller while me and the kids explored the Emporium across the road, we were ages as it is one massive shop. Bought some more souvenirs and pressies, Kirsty treated herself to a new look

We sent Jim off in search of churros as it was one 'to do' that I hadn't ticked off the list yet. He failed but pointed me in the direction of the candy store to get M&M's and Jelly belly beans. The kids tackled the M&M's while we waited for the parade. Was spectacular as ever, our photos are rubbish so won't post them. We found a spot for Wishes afterwards and James fell asleep in the stroller - he hasn't stayed awake for Wishes yet !
It was a lovely but emotional way to finish what had been a perfect holiday and there was a fairly massive lump in my throat as I watched Wishes.
After the fireworks had finished, we returned the stroller and Jim carried a comatose James while Kirsty and I carried all the bags. We caught the ferry back and waved goodbye until the next time.
We caught the bus back to the hotel and got our sleepy selves to bed.

Tomorrow, an eventful journey home !

Emma
Old 21 Jun 08, 06:33 PM  
Link to this Post
ticky15
Imagineer

love the first photo of the kiddies flat out...says it all ...
Old 21 Jun 08, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post

lovely report, do theydo other flavoured floats would love to try one next time we go
Old 21 Jun 08, 09:27 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
I think they only do the floats in pineapple, but they do the ice cream in other flavours.

Emma
Old 21 Jun 08, 09:29 PM  
Link to this Post
Emma Y
Put the kettle on

Emma Y's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Just checked on the menu on here, they also do coke or root beer float with vanilla ice cream

Emma
Old 22 Jun 08, 11:02 AM  
Link to this Post

A lovely day in my favourite park
Old 22 Jun 08, 01:08 PM  
Link to this Post
disney owl
Imagineer

disney owl's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 5
great photos again
June 2001, August 2003,2007 &Sept 2010 - WDW Offsite
June 2005 - DLP Davy Crockett Ranch
disney owl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List