Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 6 May 09, 09:38 PM  
Link to this Post

Bill & Jools return to Florida 09 Day 5

Day 5 Tuesday 5 May 2009 – return to Orlando.
Weather today – scorching.

I awoke at 6 this morning. It was still dark but I knew the sun would rise pretty soon. I poked Bill in the side and asked him if he wanted to go outside to see the sunrise again. He grunted a ‘no’ to me much to my disappointment. So I went out myself to watch it. I didn’t take any photos though. I really liked being out and about early in the morning when everywhere was so quiet and still. It was after 7 when I went back inside to the sleeping Bill. I clattered around a bit and sang to myself to wake him up. Bill eventually gave in to my noise and got up all bleary eyed.

It didn’t take long to pack the few things we’d brought to Vero. We had breakfast of fruit, cookies and orange juice in the room. Bill did something with yesterday’s photos and the trip report while I went down to the lobby to see if I could mail a postcard to the UK. I was directed to the shop to buy stamps, which I duly did. Shame I tried for what seemed like ages to lick and stick the stamps on – ahem they wouldn’t blimmin stick much to my frustration. Ah that would be coz they were self adhesive and I had to peel the backing paper off first Eventually mission accomplished I posted the card and went back to the room where Bill was still fiddling

We left soon after that, collected the car from the underground parking garage and were on our way back to Orlando. We’d really enjoyed our 2 nights at Vero Beach. We hadn’t done very much at all but it had been lovely to just relax. We stopped in Sebastian for petrol and water on the way. The windscreen was splattered with dead insects and there was no water in the washer bottle. Gas tank filled we looked for water. The garage didn’t seem to have any so the contents of the 2 bottles of Dansani I had in the car for us to drink were emptied into the washer bottle.

The Tom Tom had been set for the most direct route, but we deviated from it when we saw a sign for Highway 192 and took that road instead. I swear I heard Mrs T sigh as we again ignored her instructions Anyway taking the 192 turned out to be a good idea as it was extremely quiet until we approached Kissimmee. We hardly saw any other cars and made very good time. I remarked that it was so quiet it was like driving through the desert from LA to Vegas. Bill laughed at that and said yes but there was lots of green out of the windows, not just barren land, sand and mountains. Well yes OK so the terrain was nothing like it but the road was dead quiet. I knew what I meant anyway.

We were back at the Hilton Grand Vacations Club before 11, very hot and a bit tired. Once we were back in the villa I was pleased to see that housekeeping had been inside and had thoughtfully left more of my favourite Crabtree and Evelyn products in each bathroom, goody goody my day was getting better all the time. We had a drink, got our cozies on and went out to the quiet pool. I wanted to go to the larger one with the music, but Bill was being an old fuddy duddy who wanted some peace and quiet. Wow it was hot today and we couldn’t stay out of the water for long at all. I could cope for about 10 minutes then would have to get back in the pool to cool off.

After a couple of hours I said I was going inside. I’d had a headache since waking up (could have had something to do with the cocktails the night before) and the sun was making it worse. Bill decided he’s also come inside with me. So we trooped back to the villa to get out of the sun. After a shower, some painkillers and lots of cold water to drink we thought we’d go out for tea. We decided upon Johnny Rockets at Pointe Orlando. We changed our minds twice while we were in the car, first we thought we’d go to Red Rock Canyon for baked potato soup, but then though nah we’ll go to Unos for pizza skins. So Unos it was.

We shared pizza skins to start, Bill had the numero uno pizza and I had a veggie pizza. As he had taken very few photos today Bill took a photo of the pizzas.

Our server saw this and we saw and heard him laughing – I don’t blame him really, a photo of pizzas? A bit bizarre really. Anyway the pizzas were very good, we were full so didn’t have dessert.

After our meal we went to Pointe Orlando as Bill likes Walden Books there and wanted to have a look in there. We were sorry to see that Walden Books is closing down on May 14. Everything had 50% off but there were lots of empty shelves and hardly any magazines. We’ve been going in there for years now and felt a bit sad that it’s closing. The big Foot Locker at Pointe Orlando has also closed, no doubt as the recession is biting. We had a walk around but it was really too hot for us so we returned to our resort. Bill was really tired and not feeling great so he went to bed early leaving me to watch some adverts with the occasional glimpses of TV shows around them, before I also turned in for the night.

Edited at 08:14 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 6 May 09, 09:46 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Hi Jools so glad you enjoyed your time at Vero.. sad shops are closing at Pointe especially as its just gone thru a refit ...hope Bills feeling brighter tomorrow ..does sound lovley n toasty out there ..it has poured rain all day here just the pits

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 06:23 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
shame about the headache
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 08:08 AM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 10:00 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lol the stamp I forgot you 2 were away ...i will have to look for the previous days and read them now...the beds can wait

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 10:37 AM  
Link to this Post
facepot
Excited about Disney

I too was very sadned when I visited Point Orlando last year to see all the empty shops. Eight years previous it was a thriving area with plenty of good clothes retailers. Its such a shame becuase it a good location and their are some really good restauartants around there too. Hope Bills OK tomorrow.
facepot is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Lol at the stamps

Hope you both felt better in the morning

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 04:47 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
hi another great day and pics
scotsprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 7 May 09, 06:02 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
LOL's at the fuddy duddy Shame on Bill stopping you from bopping to the music while bobbing in the pool
Old 7 May 09, 06:13 PM  
Link to this Post
UncleLatch
Imagineer

UncleLatch's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
It is a shame that The Pointe is still going the way it is. I remember it when it was busy back in the days of FAO Shwartz (sp) etc. we had some lovely meals at Lou Lou's bait shack... I thought it was on the way back with new shops and restaurants a couple of years ago, sad that..
UncleLatch is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List