Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 10 May 09, 03:33 PM  
Link to this Post

Bill & Jools return to Florida 09 Day 8

Day 8 Friday 8 May - Move to The Fountains
Weather today – roasting!

Today we were moving to our favourite resort, The Fountains on International Drive. We were all packed up and checked out of the Hilton by 10am and drove the very short distance to the Fountains.

As expected our villa wasn’t ready, well check in isn’t until 4pm. We were expecting that so we’d packed a bag with our swimming stuff, books and sun screen in it. We went straight to the ‘old’ pool. The Fountains has a new pool which opened last year and we hadn’t seen in completed. We chose to go to the original pool as we thought it would be quiet there. We were right, there were few people there so we could pick anywhere to sit really. Bill was in the sun near the edge of the pool, whilst I sat/lay under a palm tree mostly in the shade. We had a lovely relaxing day there, in and out of the water to cool down before we gave in and went into the indoor pool area to cool off and have a bite to eat from the pool bar there.

Later on we went to see if our room was ready. It was and here are some photos taken after we’d had some time to mess it up a bit

After unpacking and setting in for a while Bill declared he wanted to go shopping Ugh shopping, I’m really not one for trailing around the shops. He wanted to go to the Harley Davidson outlet at the Prime Outlets, -what a bore for me, but I went along anyway. When we got into the car there was a strong smell of bananas. It was almost like old banana breath on Kongfrontation. We’d left a banana in the car from that morning and the heat had literally baked it black. It was red hot to touch too. The moral of the story is don’t leave bananas in the car if you don’t want it to smell of bananas. We dumped the banana into the waste bin and set off for the Prime Outlets.

It was pretty busy at the Prime, the car parks were full and there were lots of people shopping. Maybe the economy is picking up here anyway. We found the Harley store, but there was nothing that took Bill’s fancy. It was again very hot (too hot to shop anyway).

We were a tad puckish so went to Unos for pizza skins (yes I know yet again). We had the skins as a main course and then both had the All American dessert, which is hot apple pie, cinnamon and ice cream. It’s been years since I’ve had that and I’d forgotten just how yummy it is

We went back to the Fountains then and had a walk around the new pool area. It’s pretty impressive. Bill took lots of photos of the various fountains, then we went back to the villa for an early night as we were tired out after our very lazy day.

Edited at 08:23 PM.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 09, 03:40 PM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

Fountains looks really nice, especially on the last photo
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 09, 03:48 PM  
Link to this Post

Lol @ the smelly banana - yuck! Fountains look lovely as always. A nice relaxing day.
Old 10 May 09, 03:49 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Resort looks lovely Jools
The staff will be calling you`s regulars at Unos soon

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 09, 04:06 PM  
Link to this Post
ambersmom
Imagineer

ambersmom's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Lovely pics Jools, sounds like my kind of day

Orl 90, Orl Clwtr 90, Orl 2000, Orl&ST Pt's 2001, Ky West Orl 02, Ftldale Orlando Naples 03, Orl, Clwater 04, Orlando Xmas 04, Miami Ft Myrs Orlando 05, Ftld Orlando 06, Orl 06, Orl Clwter 07 OrlXmas 07 Orlandoctr 08 OrlandoXmas 08 Orl 09 Orl 10 Orl Xmas 10
ambersmom is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 09, 04:14 PM  
Link to this Post
highlander447
Imagineer

highlander447's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 18
A nice relaxing day, apart from being dragged to the shops
highlander447 is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 10 May 09, 04:17 PM  
Link to this Post
Disney Mad
Excited about Disney

Another great day, sounds good apart from the shopping

That last picture at night is gorgeous

xx
Old 10 May 09, 04:19 PM  
Link to this Post

you sound like you are having a great holiday,your report is making me excited about our upcoming trip! lol about the banana!
Old 10 May 09, 04:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Michelle
VIP Dibber
- DIBB Advertiser -

Michelle's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 9
Restaurant Reviews: 4

theDIBB Guidebook
Pages Created: 5
Guidebook Photos: 8
Bill I love the last photo

Your rooms look lovely, even when they are a bit messed up The weather sounds lovely.
Old 10 May 09, 05:27 PM  
Link to this Post

Lovely resort!