Notices
Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 21 May 09, 02:47 AM  
Link to this Post

Bill & Jools return to Florida 09 Day 20

Day 20 Wednesday 20 May 2009
Weather today, warm sunny am. Chucking it down after that.
I slept very well last night (most unusual for me) and didn’t wake up until 6am. I was still dark as I peeped out of the shutters in the lovely hotel room. I went outside to sit on the balcony for a while and was pleased that it was warm although windy. I got back into bed and actually went back to sleep (I must have been ill or something). I got up again at 8.30 and so did Bill. It looked nice on the beach and Bill took this photo.

We couldn’t decide if we should go on to the beach after checking out or just to head back to Orlando. In the end we opted (well it was me really) to return to Orlando as a) I hate that journey with sand in me undies, and b) we thought we’d make a move while the weather was OK storm (and visibility) wise.

We were back at the resort by 11.30 and as it was sunny and hot we went out to the pool with our books, bought at Super Target a few days ago.

We had a good couple of hours there before the thunder started again followed by lightening and more torrential rain, so off we ran (I ran, Bill walked) to our villa.

Ouch the rain drops were huge and really stung as they hit you. We hoped the storm would soon pass, but alas it did not. We started to watch TV but the signal was lost due to the bad weather After about 3 hours the torrential rain stopped and we then had only ‘normal’ rain. We went to the Premium Outlets, as I wanted some new shoes for work (very boring I know). I didn’t get any and as I seriously dislike shopping we didn’t go anywhere else to look for them. I’m sure I’ll find a suitable pair at the Metro Centre when we get home.

Once again we hadn’t eaten all day (wish I was like that at home instead of being oh so greedy). Hmm where to go then? I suggested the Macaroni Grill on the 192, as I know it is popular on the boards. Bill hadn’t heard of it, he really should pay more attention to the trip planning and restaurant forums

Anyway we went to the Macaroni Grill where Bill had lasagne and I had Chianti steak with some lovely pasta and what I think was spinach (I am not a foodie at all). We both really enjoyed our dinner and were too full for any pudding.

From there we went to DTD as I wanted a ‘Baby’s First Christmas’ tree ornament for our grandson for this Christmas. DTD was heaving and we had trouble locating the ornament. A kind CM showed us where they were, but they only had pink ones Ah well maybe that’s another thing for me to get at home later on in the year. We went into the World of Disney but came out sharpish as you could hardly move. I guess there were a lot more people in the shops due to the poor weather.

These ducks were enjoying the rain though. The ‘pond’ they are swimming on was a lawned area when we were here last week.

The T Rex Café looks good from the outside.

We left World of Disney just as the rain got very heavy again. Aha I had a cunning plan though as I’d left a towel in the car so we could at least dry ourselves before leaving DTD to return to the resort . Visibility was again down to nil and I was relieved when we arrived ‘home’ safe and sound.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 07:32 AM  
Link to this Post
JudyC
Imagineer

I can't believe the storms are so early this year, we've been this time of year and not seen hardly a spot of rain. Sounds like your still enjoying yourselves though
93 94 03 2023 DLP
JudyC is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 07:52 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
shame about the rain
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 08:04 AM  
Link to this Post
truesdpr
Imagineer

truesdpr's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Shame about the rain today Jools but you still managed a good day. I'd be happy to pick up an ornament for you when we go back in October if you like. Will speak to you when you get back.

Pam.
truesdpr is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 08:26 AM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Shame that the weather is so bad at the moment, hope you are still having a great time though

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 09:42 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by truesdpr View Post
Shame about the rain today Jools but you still managed a good day. I'd be happy to pick up an ornament for you when we go back in October if you like. Will speak to you when you get back.

Pam.
That would be great Pam . Thank you x
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 09:50 AM  
Link to this Post
2waterford
VIP Dibber

Wow what awful weather you are having. Sounds like you are making the most of it. Hope weather improves for remainder of your holiday.
2waterford is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 09:51 AM  
Link to this Post
Helen uk
Imagineer

Helen uk's Reviews
Aww its such a shame about the horrible weather you are all having over there...its worse than home Jools and thats saying sumit

Great reports by the way and the hotels and the views look lovely

Ps its supposed to be sunny here on sunday and monday..we are off to scarborough so it better be

2006 Animal Kindgom Lodge
2007 Villa Caribbean Beach Resort and HRH
Helen uk is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 09:56 AM  
Link to this Post
Jools
Imagineer

Originally Posted by Helen uk View Post
Aww its such a shame about the horrible weather you are all having over there...its worse than home Jools and thats saying sumit

Great reports by the way and the hotels and the views look lovely

Ps its supposed to be sunny here on sunday and monday..we are off to scarborough so it better be
I hope that's right Helen. Ah Scarborough, one of my favourite places. We always holidayed there when the kids were little and I have so many fond memories of it.
Jools is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 21 May 09, 10:04 AM  
Link to this Post

What a shame about the rain.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List