Walt Disney World and Florida Trip Reports Trip Reports and Videos

Old 8 Jun 09, 08:32 PM  
Link to this Post
Siddex
Very Serious Dibber

Siddex's Reviews
DIBB Villa Reviews: 1
You Can Never Overplan (May 2008) - Day 4

Day 4 - The One With The ASDA (American Stylee)
Saturday 17th May 2008

I woke up at 6.30AM, hurrah! I think the jet lag was wearing off and I was starting to wake up at a decent time! The kids and Maz were up and about, shortly after 7.

Day 4 already? The time was flying by!

The plan today was to chill out. We were going to get some provisions for the apartment and then go swimming.

These fellas were scratching around outside and we lobbed them some ready salted crisps down to devour. They appeared to like them!

You will see many bird shots in our holiday photos as Maria has an obsession with big birds. I do as well but that is a story for another time!

Make the most of any posted pictures today folks, coz there was only 4 taken all day. I think the photographer took the term rest day literally!

We went to Golden Corral to treat Pops to his first buffet breakfast. $40 for all 6 of us and the selection was huge, we rolled out of there about 10AM absolutely stuffed and frankly in love with the place. Breakfast was rated and it proved a popular one:

Mark - 9
Maz - 8
Pops - 9
Grams - 9
James - 10

We instructed Cleetus to take us to the Walmart on Turkey Lake Road (another DIBB recommendation as The Walmart to visit and it didn’t disappoint) and very shortly we were parking up at this HUGE Walmart.

We finally left there 3 hours later and several hundred dollars lighter, but we had a shed load of stuff and I mean a load! It filled the van! We had purchased everything from provisions for our apartment to pool toys, Disney merchandise, and clothing.

Pops had purchased a new digital camera and I purchased mainly sweet stuff (yep more doughnuts and cakes!).

The cost of living in America is amazing, it just goes to show how much we have to pay for stuff in the UK. Everything in Walmart was the dollar equivalent of what we pay at home, meaning everything was in effect half price.

This afternoon we went to the waterpark complex at Orange Lake (River Island), spent a few hours there and chilled out. We left there at 5.30PM after they had evacuated the pool, I am not sure if it was because of an approaching storm (one did not turn up) or there was something untoward in the pool!

We freshened up and decided to try Cracker Barrel tonight, the total cost for 6 of us was only $75! This was in fact aided by the fact that they do not serve alcohol! Now this did not make me very popular with the Olds and Maz as they love a spot of wine with their meal. They do serve root beer though, so I was happy, as I love this stuff. As I was even happier after I polished off Pops and Grams as well. I did tell them that just because it has the term beer in the title it does not taste anything like it. They detested it, I think it is an acquired taste!

Here we had:
Mark - Meatloaf
Maz - Chicken Tenderlions (Fried)
Pops - Rib Eye Steak
Grams - Trout
James - Chicken Tenderlions (Grilled)
Ella - Kids Burger

And we all rated it as follows:
Mark - 6
Maz - 4
Pops - 7
Grams - 6
James - 10 (don’t ask!)

After our meal we sat down and watched the world go by (well the traffic on the 192 ) on the rocking chairs outside.

We headed back to the apartment and all crashed out by 9.45PM! And this was on a rest day! I just cannot seem to stay awake at night in Florida.

It was hot again today about 90®F.

Tomorrow we are back on the theme park trails, going to Animal Kingdom.

Edited at 11:05 PM.
Siddex is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post

Great report and photos!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:36 PM  
Link to this Post
Florida Mel
Imagineer

Florida Mel's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 2
Restaurant Reviews: 17

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 3
Thumbs up

Great trip report, keep them coming

I love the Cracker barrel too and those rockers on the porch are just brill
Florida Mel is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:40 PM  
Link to this Post
Orlando Soon
Imagineer

Know what you mean about Golden Coral, I love the breakfast here, well I love it all not just the brekie - very good value IMHO. Looking forward to reading the next day - no pressure
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:41 PM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
a great day and fab pics even if there was only 4 lol
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 08:48 PM  
Link to this Post
scotsprincess
Imagineer

scotsprincess's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
another great day
scotsprincess is online now Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post

We love Cracker Barrell breakfast Mmmmmmmmm!
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 8 Jun 09, 11:10 PM  
Link to this Post
shirley
Imagineer

shirley's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 2
one of my fav piccies of ds2 is in a rocking chair outside the same CB, playing his DS. I was the only one in our family to enjoy our meal there, the ham and turkey salad was fab. nice piccies by the way
shirley is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 9 Jun 09, 03:06 PM  
Link to this Post
luxorsun71
Imagineer

a really relaxing day with one of my favourite hobbies----- shopping!
Old 9 Jun 09, 09:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Strommie
Imagineer

Strommie's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
Nice day, I have never been to Cracker Barrell, it sounds great