Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Hotel Reviews: 1
Rebecca's 1st Trip-Day 8 Part 2 Magic Kingdom

1st June 2009

The Jones Family

Me - Sally 43 Loves Disney
DH - Nigel 46 Likes Disney not as mad on it as me
DD - Rebecca 8 Loves Disney Princesses

We got to Magic Kingdom about 0915. Once inside we met Daisy Duck we were really excited about this as we didn't think we would get to meet her.

And straight after meeting Daisy we saw a small queue forming over by the Garage and saw it was Chip and Dale how exciting we went over to join the queue.

Chip and Dale were really being funny and playing around with Rebecca she loved it.

Then we headed up Main Street and over to Frontierland to do Thunder Mountain Rebecca didn't enjoy this at all, so then said that she didn't want to do Splash Mountain, so we didn't force the issue as we will be coming back to Magic Kingdom again. We headed over to Adventureland and on the way we bumped in Goofy again so we had a couple of photos with him, I think Rebecca really took to Goofy on this trip.

We carried on through to Adventureland and then met Wendy Darling from Peter Pan gosh she talks almost as much as Rebecca.

Into Adventureland and me and Rebecca queued to go on The Magic Carpet's of Aladdin Nigel didn't fancy it, I ended up get a bit wet I think the Camels spit water at you anyway Rebecca thought this was amusing.

The queue was to long for Pirates of the Caribbean so we left and went to Fantasyland Rebecca's favourite area.

Rebecca and the Fairy God Mother

We got Fastpasses for Peter Pan's flight as Rebecca desperately wanted to go on this and then we did the Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh. Rebecca loved this ride Nigel not so much. Rebecca was a bit peckish so we stopped off at Scuttle's Landing and she had a Chocolate Chip Cookie and we had 2 Blue Raspberry Slush it was lovely and refreshing $8.92.

Rebecca trying to pull the Sword out of the Stone

Next we did Mad Hatter's Tea Party again only me and Rebecca Nigel doesn't like rides that spin him round me I have no choice if Rebecca wants to do it then I will do it with her.

While we were queueing for the Mad Hatter's Tea Party Nigel recorded the Band.

When we came off the Ride the White Rabbitt was getting on the ride so we waited for him and were first in the queue for him when he came off.

We went ove to Toon Town to try to meet the Fairies but the queue time was over and hour and we had to get back for our fastpass for Peter Pan's flight so we went back to Fantasyland where we went on Cinderella's Golden Carousel there was no queue for this but for Dumbo the queue was over an hour, so was Ariel's Grotto will have to do them next time. So we did Peter Pan's flight and then headed to Main Street to stake out a good spot to watch the Parade.

Continued on next post

Edited at 08:25 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 09, 02:38 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Continued from above

We picked our spot right outside Casey's Corner and then Rebecca decided she wanted an ice cream so we went over to Plaza Ice Cream Parlour and got a Mixed double tub with Strawberry and Chocolate Ice Cream and a Bottle of Water $6.43 and she sat on the floor and ate it, she was not happy about watching the Parade I think she was getting a bit tired.

Once she was settled I went into Casey's Corner and got Nigel a Hot Dog and me some Corn Dog Nuggets and Fanta $11.58, (had to try them and I reallly liked them! ). So we waited and as soon as the music started Rebecca was up like a shot and was so excited to see the Parade what a difference half hour makes.

Just a couple of the Parade as I'm sure by now you've all seen the Parades.

When the Parade finished we decided to leave the Park as we were feeling a bit tired as we did have an early start with our Breakfast at Chef Mickey's this morning.

Continued Below

Edited at 03:15 PM.
Ms Sleepy is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 09, 03:10 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Continued from above

We headed for the Bus and were soon back at Port Orleans Riverside. We all showered and got ready to go out for the evening. We decided to go to the Boardwalk area for a look around and something to eat.

It is very picturesque over there so we had a wander around and took a couple of photos.

We decided we would try ESPN Club for food we asked if they had a table they said no problem wait here for a moment, so we did and we were seated in 10 minutes. I've never seen so many TV's in a Restaurant Rebecca was amazed that they even had TV's in the toilets suspended from the ceiling between two toilet cubicals. So we sat there pondering over the menu, when Sky Sports News came on and the headline said that Swansea City's manager Roberto Martinez was off to Wigan well we were all devestated at this how we managed to eat after that I don't know. I had Breaded Chicken with a Mild dressing with Blue cheese with Fries (only the mild sauce was in fact hot nice but HOT) and I had a Budweiser to wash it down.

Nigel had a Hot Dog with Chilli Cheese and Fries this he said was very nice he also had a Bud Light.

Rebecca had Chicken Nuggets and Chips which came with a chocolate cupcake for dessert and she had a Apple Juice.

We decided that we would have a dessert today as we haven't been having desserts as we have been to full.

I had a Boston Cream Pie this was very nice and not to heavy, Nigel had Lemon Meringue Tart he also enjoyed that.

We paid our bill $63.31 including tip not bad value as we all had a good meal. The waitress was really good with us when I asked her what exactly a Boston Cream pie was she pulled up a chair sat down and tried her best to explain what it was.

We had a look in the ESPN shop and Nigel bought himself a T-shirt ESPN Roadtrip 2009 in a Red colour very nice $21.25. We had a little wander around the other shops, but decided to go back to the Hotel as it was getting late and we'd all had a long day put Rebecca to bed by 9.30pm.

Day 9 Hollywood Studios

Edited at 10:19 PM.
Old 17 Jul 09, 03:26 PM  
Link to this Post
voddygirl
Imagineer

Fab day at MK the Boardwalk area looks lovley and those desserts look yummy

Sept 1992 and 1996-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 1997-Econolodge Hawaiin West
April 2004-Travelodge Maingate East
Sept 2006-Quality Inn Plaza
Oct 2008-Southern Dunes-Dibb villa
Jan 2010-The Dolphin & HRH-My 40th & Sept 2nd trip
Dec 2012 The Retreat Legacy Park -Dibb villa
March 2017 HRH Chicago
Sep 2017 The Retreat Legacy Park-Dibb villa
March 2018 Avanti Resort & HRH Daytona
voddygirl is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 17 Jul 09, 03:28 PM  
Link to this Post
Ms Sleepy
Apprentice Imagineer

Ms Sleepy's Reviews
Originally Posted by voddygirl View Post
Fab day at MK the Boardwalk area looks lovley and those desserts look yummy
It is a nice area to have a nice leisurely wander around and yes those desserts were delicious.
Old 17 Jul 09, 06:56 PM  
Link to this Post

Another great report with lovely photos.
Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 24 Jul 09, 04:49 PM  
Link to this Post
vitfa
Imagineer

boardwalk walk looks fab - thanks for sharing the food photos
Old 25 Jul 09, 06:36 AM  
Link to this Post
summersun
Imagineer

summersun's Reviews
a great day and fab pics
http://www.thedibb.co.uk/forums/show...=gonna+get+wed
our dreams can come true pre trip report nov 14 cbbr nov 14
summersun is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 05:40 PM  
Link to this Post
orlandosgr8
Imagineer

orlandosgr8's Reviews
Restaurant Reviews: 1
A lovely day

Orlando 02,04,06,07,08,10,11,12,13,14,16, 18 &
New York 06, 11 and Smoky Mountains 14
orlandosgr8 is offline Girl Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List
Old 25 Jul 09, 09:21 PM  
Link to this Post
Reetser
Imagineer

Reetser's Reviews

theDIBB Guidebook
Guidebook Photos: 9
A lovely day again - i am in need of a cake now!

Karen
Reetser is offline Boy Mouse Click to view Members Trip Plans Add Member to Ignore List